Does Nas Have 20 songs to beat JAYZ

• Yes

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
Nas got maybe 4/5 songs that are challengers including 2/3 unbeatables but then soon as they run out it's gonna be Jay rounds over and over.

The LOX vs Dipset comparisons...

L.O.X arguably have more leverage and time in the rap game than the Diplomats... from Bad Boy to Ruff Ryders to D-Block? Features, collabos and their solo stuff... I had them also as superior lyricists to the Harlem crew

Verzuz is friendly competition...

But it's still a battle

Pop/club records dont mean much in this shyt and mean even less to an audience of eastcoasters at a venue. People was saying Teddy Riley would beat Babyface because of the uptempo New Jack swing shyt but some had it closer that what they expected and some had babyface winning. Cats thought Dipsets hits would take out the lox but shyt like Fuck You, Niggas Done Started Something, Banned From TV and that freestyle to who shot ya played big roles in the Lox washing them cats
I'm glad someone finally said it

Jay may have more "mainstream/popular" hits...but Nas has more music that means something to the people

Last edited:
Who gets the crowd going, like who really delivers energy in the environment... plus having party music, nostalgic music, hype music, the classics... that's where those wins sit at.

Pop/club records dont mean much in this shyt and mean even less to an audience of eastcoasters at a venue. People was saying Teddy Riley would beat Babyface because of the uptempo New Jack swing shyt but some had it closer that what they expected and some had babyface winning. Cats thought Dipsets hits would take out the lox but shyt like Fuck You, Niggas Done Started Something, Banned From TV and that freestyle to who shot ya played big roles in the Lox washing them cats
The thing is that Jay's hits ain't no candy cane bubble gum shit besides that Diddy BS early on..They still hit in the streets and underground while being catchy,plus Jay is a great performer like Jada is.

Jay is who he is because he could be on the fence of highly skilled MC/lyricist and make these huge records.

Jay got those hardcore records and has more freestyles than Nas.Classic freestyles.

Once again I fuck with Nas' music all day and favor his appraoch to music,but Jay would most likely edge a battle.

The thing is that Jay's hits ain't no candy cane bubble gum shit besides that Diddy BS early on..They still hit in the streets and underground while being catchy,plus Jay is a great performer like Jada is.

Jay is who he is because he could be on the fence of highly skilled MC/lyricist and make these huge records.

Jay got those hardcore records and has more freestyles than Nas.Classic freestyles.

Once again I fuck with Nas' music all day and favor his appraoch to music,but Jay would most likely edge a battle.

All I'm saying is pop hits wont mean much, Can I Live, Where I'm From, Streets is Watching, Dead Presidents etc would prolly get bigger responses than those hit records. I really dont know who would win, but doubt if anyone is getting washed

Once I realized how versuz worked, it properly set my expectations.

Bleek is right based on the format of how this works.

Nas has a great catalog but I agree he doesn't have 20 songs to compete against in a versuz matchup.

This thread really shouldn't go past 2 pages if we're being honest

Nas has 20 songs, but not enough room shakers as Jay gon bring out. I think Jay, Wayne, Drake n kanye can only go up against themselves. The way versus is set up, those 4 guys are in a class by themselves

Back