Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Mc Shan Calls Out Nas For Not Supporting

test
Low key extortion attempt. Trying to guilt Nas to give him money. If I was Nas I would send the Brink truck to his house with armed security guards. Have them make a big presentation while opening up the truck just to give Shan some new dentures. Foh
Real talk...you get at me like that youre fucking dead

I posted a video of Nas on drink champs from April 2022. Mans is praising the shit out of Shan, gave him a whole bouquet of flowers... 15 months later Shan is attacking Nas over money

Dead.

"I'm the don, I don't need shit from any nigga, Mothafucka. I never asked a nigga for shit my whole life........ but yea Nas, it's me Shizzle... I heard you got a show"

rick-james-laughing.gif

My $0.02

I was in Junior High when MC Shan was poppin. He had a song called Marley Scratch that I don't remember when it was out. It must have come out in 1985.

But he released a single called The Bridge/Beat Biter in the summer between 7th and 8th grade (1986). Beat Biter was the A-side and he was dissing LL Cool J over a song that he alleges that LL Cool J stole his beat.

Anyway, The Bridge/Beat Biter 12" came out in the summer of 1986, but the whole album was called Down By Law and came out in early 1987. I remember it was a decent album, but it wasn't a classic. It came out at a time when there weren't very many rap albums out, so if you were into Hip Hop you would have copped MC Shan's album because he had a buzz and he was one of the few people that had an album.

They way I remember it, and this was 35 years ago so forgive me if my memory is hazy, The Down By Law album came out around the same time as The Bridge Is Over 12" single.

R-226149-1176907624.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

The Criminal Minded album came out in the summer of 1987, about 6 months after MC Shan's album. Criminal Minded was a 5 Mic classic. The rapping, the production, the scratching, everything about it was perfect. It was like catching lightning in a bottle. KRS One killed MC Shan with The Bridge Is Over, then he killed him again by dropping a 5 mic classic. Criminal Minded was in another galaxy compared to Down By Law.

It wasn't so much that KRS killed him with The Bridge Is Over, but then he dropped a 5 mic classic.

MC Shan may have been the first MC to blow up out of Queensbridge (Run DMC was from Queens, but not from Queensbridge projects)

So yeah, MC Shan was that dude in junior high. But KRS destroyed him and KRS had a good 10 year run from 87-97 while MC Shan was pretty much over by 1988.

Back