Welcome To aBlackWeb

Maya Angelou legendary poet and activist the first Black woman ever to appear on the coin

As some of you have already stated this little gesture means shit to me. Especially in the age of debit/credit cards.

Like @Race Jones people stated student loans, wages and housing is more important than this little "shut up niggas" gift

Facts. Honestly if they gave us some reparations and let out folks out of jail we woulda been left the US

I'd wager that 85-90% of black americans would never leave america after being given reparations.

True but after about two months how you think white folks would act. I ain’t saying they would force us out but I definitely see them trying to purge shit. I’d go to a cheaper country in the Caribbean

True but after about two months how you think white folks would act. I ain’t saying they would force us out but I definitely see them trying to purge shit. I’d go to a cheaper country in the Caribbean

The funny thing is IMO white people would finally get what they want from the majority of black people if we got reparations which is true assimilation. Niggas would be standing hand over heart, head up high and back straight for the national anthem. Yet you're right they would be livid and would be acting 100X worse than they do now.

The funny thing is IMO white people would finally get what they want from the majority of black people if we got reparations which is true assimilation. Niggas would be standing hand over heart, head up high and back straight for the national anthem. Yet you're right they would be livid and would be acting 100X worse than they do now.

Shit would be crazy

She was a former slave and a liberator... and people want her on currency uts disgusting..also i dont want "Tubmans" to be a thing..... the root of the evil of slavery is 💰💰💰

I hear you but you aren't getting what I'm asking. It's like you trynna make a point that's counter to a point I'm not making. Carry on.

lmao like my homegirl wrote

View attachment 740107
I can’t get get on majority of these

Student loans cancellation - we suppose to bail people out for financial irresponsibility?
Stimulus for a pandemic surge - can’t fuck with this
Mass eviction - I got family member that are landlord and I hear fucked up stories about their tenant abusing the system and not paying their rent. Homeowners got bills too.

Miss me with all that and take the quarter

Student loans cancellation - we suppose to bail people out for financial irresponsibility?
Mass eviction - I got family member that are landlord and I hear fucked up stories about their tenant abusing the system and not paying their rent. Homeowners got bills too.

Damn mr pro America

Student loan cancellation - First, it's weird to call people financially irresponsible for going to college, when so many industries in this country basically use college degrees to screen potential employees. It's not the fault of students that college tuition prices have skyrocketed the way they have, so again, I'm not sure why you would put the fault for the crippling debt many are saddled with on irresponsibility. All that aside, people aren't just promoting student debt cancellation solely to give people clean slates. The idea is being promoted because if you take those big payments away from people, those same people would have more money to put towards other things which would stimulate the economy and help everyone.

Mass eviction - I get what you're saying, but proposed ban on mass evictions isn't really being done to help people skip out on paying bills. Its being suggested to help people who literally don't have any money because of the current state of the nation. It's doubtful mass evictions would even help those landlords. Sure they'd get the people out of their properties, but there's no guarantee they'd even be able to fill all those properties. In many cases, those landlords would just be letting properties sit there vacant. Is that really preferable to having needy people stay there until things turn around?

Cuck

Student loan cancellation - First, it's weird to call people financially irresponsible for going to college, when so many industries in this country basically use college degrees to screen potential employees. It's not the fault of students that college tuition prices have skyrocketed the way they have, so again, I'm not sure why you would put the fault for the crippling debt many are saddled with on irresponsibility. All that aside, people aren't just promoting student debt cancellation solely to give people clean slates. The idea is being promoted because if you take those big payments away from people, those same people would have more money to put towards other things which would stimulate the economy and help everyone.

Mass eviction - I get what you're saying, but proposed ban on mass evictions isn't really being done to help people skip out on paying bills. Its being suggested to help people who literally don't have any money because of the current state of the nation. It's doubtful mass evictions would even help those landlords. Sure they'd get the people out of their properties, but there's no guarantee they'd even be able to fill all those properties. In many cases, those landlords would just be letting properties sit there vacant. Is that really preferable to having needy people stay there until things turn around?
Student loans - my thought process is you should only be taking loans if the money that you are going to make in your career justifies it. You shouldn’t be going into 100k worth of student loans debt for a job that’s going to pay you an income less than what you taking out for. I took out student loans but I took out the amount that I needed and I was mindful of the interest rate and the career I was getting into justified the investment. College not for everyone and there are other avenues to get a well paying job without crippling yourself with student loans debt. I know too many ppl that were reckless with taking out loans and they working a reg ass job

Mass eviction - the issue my family having is the people staying there is not paying so it’s the same as being vacant. Plus they still have to provide heating and hot water and pay the property taxes while tenant just chilling. I’m sorry but you got to go

Student loans - my thought process is you should only be taking loans if the money that you are going to make in your career justifies it. You shouldn’t be going into 100k worth of student loans debt for a job that’s going to pay you an income less than what you taking out for. I took out student loans but I took out the amount that I needed and I was mindful of the interest rate and the career I was getting into justified the investment. College not for everyone and there are other avenues to get a well paying job without crippling yourself with student loans debt. I know too many ppl that were reckless with taking out loans and they working a reg ass job

Mass eviction - the issue my family having is the people staying there is not paying so it’s the same as being vacant. Plus they still have to provide heating and hot water and pay the property taxes while tenant just chilling. I’m sorry but you got to go

at 19 how you gonna know exactly what your job will pay you 6 years later? And why kick folks out who can’t pay during a pandemic

Back