Welcome To aBlackWeb

Maya Angelou legendary poet and activist the first Black woman ever to appear on the coin

If ya'll don't care about symbolic gestures then it ain't being done for you. Just ignore it, and let the people who like shit like this have their joy.

The people who decide what figures to put on coins aren't the same people making decisions about minimum wage increases or new stimulus bills, so that's stupid point to make.

Is this how ya'll go about shit in your daily lives? If your car was dirty, would you think it was pointless to get a car wash because you haven't fixed the plumbing at your house?

If ya'll don't care about symbolic gestures then it ain't being done for you. Just ignore it, and let the people who like shit like this have their joy.

The people who decide what figures to put on coins aren't the same people making decisions about minimum wage increases or new stimulus bills, so that's stupid point to make.

Is this how ya'll go about shit in your daily lives? If your car was dirty, would you think it was pointless to get a car wash because you haven't fixed the plumbing at your house?

that car comparison is terrible. Black people don’t wanna be put on money that we used to get traded for the same money many of us are lacking hence why we at where we at. What does this do for anybody bro.

that car comparison is terrible. Black people don’t wanna be put on money that we used to get traded for the same money many of us are lacking hence why we at where we at. What does this do for anybody bro.

lol You completely missed the point. The analogy wasn't about people saying they don't give a fuck about the gesture because it's stupid and empty. The analogy was about people complaining about the government doing something like this while not doing other more important things. The two sets of issues aren't related just like the need for a car wash and fixed plumbing in a house aren't related.

And don't speak for all black people. You don't care about shit like this. I don't care about shit like this, but for some reason some people do. I'm positive there are some Maya Angelou fans out there getting giddy about this right now now.

lol You completely missed the point. The analogy wasn't about people saying they don't give a fuck about the gesture because it's stupid and empty. The analogy was about people complaining about the government doing something like this while not doing other more important things. The two sets of issues aren't related just like the need for a car wash and fixed plumbing in a house aren't related.

And don't speak for all black people. You don't care about shit like this. I don't care about shit like this, but for some reason some people do. I'm positive there are some Maya Angelou fans out there getting giddy about this right now now.

I mean but nobody is saying they are directly related. It’s still a political statement. And people feel like it’s some bullshit. They don’t have to be the same government organization that’s not the point. It’s about the entire institution. It’s like Nazi Germany putting a famous Jewish person on their money.

I mean but nobody is saying they are directly related. It’s still a political statement. And people feel like it’s some bullshit. They don’t have to be the same government organization that’s not the point. It’s about the entire institution. It’s like Nazi Germany putting a famous Jewish person on their money.

But that's the whole reason the comment is stupid. The national treasury periodically puts different people on money. That's been a thing for decades. They read the temperature in the country and said "Ok, let's do some women this time, and let's make one a black woman." It's that simple.

Calling this austerity politics or complaining that this is a smoke screen to hide the fact that the elected officials are failing at doing anything of substance is just dumb. It either shows that people don't really understand how our government works or that they are so busy fishing for seemingly witty things to say that they wind up just spouting ignorant shit.

Also, your Nazi Germany comparison makes no sense. No matter how much you hate America, it's not comparable to Nazi Germany. Yes, every aspect of this country has been touched and is still molded by white supremacy, but does that mean that black people's contributions shouldn't be celebrated at all? Like the military treated black soldiers like shit for a long ass time. Does that mean that black soldiers shouldn't be proud when the military honors important black people who served?

Again, if you don't care about symbolic gestures, that's fine. I don't either. However, is it really so hard to just keep it moving and let the people who are appeased by this shit have their moment?

But that's the whole reason the comment is stupid. The national treasury periodically puts different people on money. That's been a thing for decades. They read the temperature in the country and said "Ok, let's do some women this time, and let's make one a black woman." It's that simple.

Calling this austerity politics or complaining that this is a smoke screen to hide the fact that the elected officials are failing at doing anything of substance is just dumb. It either shows that people don't really understand how our government works or that they are so busy fishing for seemingly witty things to say that they wind up just spouting ignorant shit.

Also, your Nazi Germany comparison makes no sense. No matter how much you hate America, it's not comparable to Nazi Germany. Yes, every aspect of this country has been touched and is still molded by white supremacy, but does that mean that black people's contributions shouldn't be celebrated at all? Like the military treated black soldiers like shit for a long ass time. Does that mean that black soldiers shouldn't be proud when the military honors important black people who served?

Again, if you don't care about symbolic gestures, that's fine. I don't either. However, is it really so hard to just keep it moving and let the people who are appeased by this shit have their moment?

I didn’t say it was a smoke screen. It’s obvious what they are doing it’s just corny. Honoring troops for shit they did ain’t wrong to me. Unless we wanna talk about imperialism lol. You saying America is slightly less racist than Nazis means what. You obviously get my comparison. And no wtf should we just let people have it. Do we not have the right to say some shit is bullshit. It’s probably folks who thought kneeling with Kente cloth meant something and we all know it didn’t. It’s a point where you recognize the pattern if somebody thinks this is dope that fine but I don’t.

I didn’t say it was a smoke screen. It’s obvious what they are doing it’s just corny. Honoring troops for shit they did ain’t wrong to me. Unless we wanna talk about imperialism lol. You saying America is slightly less racist than Nazis means what. You obviously get my comparison. And no wtf should we just let people have it. Do we not have the right to say some shit is bullshit. It’s probably folks who thought kneeling with Kente cloth meant something and we all know it didn’t. It’s a point where you recognize the pattern if somebody thinks this is dope that fine but I don’t.

Bruh, if you really trying to act like America today is only slightly less racist than a country that was actively sending everyone outside of a certain race/ethnic group to death camps, we can dead this conversation right here because you're being ridiculous.

And again, you're welcome to think it's corny, but the national treasury has been putting different people on coins for decades, so I'm not sure why ya'll are trying to act like this is some new thing they are just doing at this moment. Were ya'll saying the same thing when they put Rosa Parks on a stamp a few years ago?

Bruh, if you really trying to act like America today is only slightly less racist than a country that was actively sending everyone outside of a certain race/ethnic group to death camps, we can dead this conversation right here because you're being ridiculous.

And again, you're welcome to think it's corny, but the national treasury has been putting different people on coins for decades, so I'm not sure why ya'll are trying to act like this is some new thing they are just doing at this moment. Were ya'll saying the same thing when they put Rosa Parks on a stamp a few years ago?

Nigga it’s an obvious exaggeration but you get the gist. God damn. Again nobody said the shit was new bro. You gotta stop going against points that were not stated. The Rosa Parks stamp was 8 years ago. Don’t see how it’s relevant to today.

Back