Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mass Shooting at Bank in Louisville

Gang violence isn't included in mass shootings because of motive and the mindset of the shooter. Gang violence is typically tied to a larger purpose beyond just murder. These mass shooters are killing just for the purpose of killing.

all of these lunatics are killing for the purpose of killing tho.

This guy may have been because they got fired.
The last one may have been because of some past shit the school did to them.
Countless others because they were just pissed with the world and wanted to take it out on someone.

Adding being in a gang as a qualifier doesnt really make it different to me

I mean if folks at a club and it's a gang member in there and someone comes shooting up the place and hits multiple innocents instead of the intended target I'm not seeing how that's not a mass shooting. Still seems random to a person not involved in gang shit
It's definitely a categorization problem. Someone can try and start a mass shooting and end up only shooting 1 person before being taken out. You can also get a drive by or some gang related shooting that takes out a few people

Countless others because they were just pissed with the world and wanted to take it out on someone.

The act of the murder itself isn't different but the motive behind it is. If someone walks into a store and shoots 3 people that's gonna be looked at differently from a shooting over drug territory. Basically the difference between killing for the simple thrill of killing vs killing for a reason outside of yourself.

seems like a silly qualifier in my eyes when the result still ends with loss of life and easy access to guns is still a core issue but im sure there are racial undertones on why they are separated

seems like a silly qualifier in my eyes when the result still ends with loss of life and easy access to guns is still a core issue but im sure there are racial undertones on why they are separated

They aren’t separated tho.

mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are “actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter’s use of a firearm.” The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a “mass killing” as “3 or more killings in a single incident.” For the purposes of this article, both sets of criteria will be applied to the term mass shooting, with the distinction that the shooter or shooters are not included in any fatality statistics.

They aren’t separated tho.

mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are “actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter’s use of a firearm.” The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a “mass killing” as “3 or more killings in a single incident.” For the purposes of this article, both sets of criteria will be applied to the term mass shooting, with the distinction that the shooter or shooters are not included in any fatality statistics.

ahh ok. preciate the clarification

Again, the numbers can be skewed to make it seem like there are more random acts of mass shootings when they are lumped in with gang/inner city violence.

That’s a problem.

Gang violence has more to do with proximity and a fight over limited resources or access to said resources.

It's a fucked up situation that imo was the intended consequence of red lining and the like

I don't consider these anything close to "motives" by mass shooters

Gang violence has more to do with proximity and a fight over limited resources or access to said resources.

It's a fucked up situation that imo was the intended consequence of red lining and the like

I don't consider these anything close to "motives" by mass shooters
Right. Neither is good and gun control could help both, but the classification should be handled differently because the solutions are vastly different.

For the gang violence, giving people better opportunities, having intervention programs for the youth, better access to economic resources, etc. could all help with the addition of gun control.

For random mass shooters, the solution is mental health resources and reducing access to these weapons, and more heavily weighted to the latter.

This is actually due to a mental health issue in this nation. I don't give a fuck though, have no sympathy and punishment should be severe. However people's minds in this nation are being broken down no doubt about it 💯

Is this the one where the shooter left a note saying he wanted to prove how easy it is for a mentally ill person to get a gun and kill people?

Man that's fucked up. That's got to suck for a family to have someone do some fucked up experiment like this and now you have to deal with the aftermath

Back