Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can’t win for losing, lol.

They finally put a scene in a major Marvel/Disney show reflecting how many black people really feel about America and the government and the response to that is to call Sam a coon.
Let me say this to you and the two posters above me who love to respond to people without addressing them directly, which is very passive aggressive by the way:

I am not one of these idiots who just watched a Tariq Nasheed DVD yesterday and suddenly I think I know enough about black historyto call anyone I disagree with a coon, uncle Tom, bedwench, etc. You've never seen me give it up like that. If I give you a definition of a word, and then ascribe that word to an individual based on their actions aligning with said definition, you can only acknowledge my premise or reject it.

but don't go "aw well I had heard somebody use the word 'coon' wrong so now I'm gonna act like I no longer know what the word means and group EVERYBODY who uses the word into the same category"

Don't play them stupid games with me. @Duwop @AP2.0 and notice I'm addressing you both directly.

“Isaiah has been to hell and back—if I was in his shoes, I’d probably feel the exact same way,” Sam tells Sarah. “But what would be the point of all the pain and sacrifice, if I wasn’t willing to stand up and keep fighting?”
I'm glad you brought up this quote because I literally said "nigga what!?" When I heard it for the first time.

The point of the pain and sacrifice of your elders and ancestors is for you to learn from it so that you do not have to repeat their pain and sacrifice. You are a reflection of those who came before you and thereby you are their opportunity to choose a better route than they did last time.

You spit in the face of your elders and ancestors when you insist on repeating their pain. They went through it so you wouldn't have to.
Sam the kinda guy that think it wouldn't happen to him. The guy that if you dress a certain way and talk a certain way you will be ok in America.
He's the kind of guy to get harassed, tased, arrested, or shot while in uniform while crying "yall can't do me like this... I put my life on the line for the country and this whole universe... I'm not a black man, I'm am Avenger"

Let me say this to you and the two posters above me who love to respond to people without addressing them directly, which is very passive aggressive by the way:

I am not one of these idiots who just watched a Tariq Nasheed DVD yesterday and suddenly I think I know enough about black historyto call anyone I disagree with a coon, uncle Tom, bedwench, etc. You've never seen me give it up like that. If I give you a definition of a word, and then ascribe that word to an individual based on their actions aligning with said definition, you can only acknowledge my premise or reject it.

but don't go "aw well I had heard somebody use the word 'coon' wrong so now I'm gonna act like I no longer know what the word means and group EVERYBODY who uses the word into the same category"

Don't play them stupid games with me. @Duwop @AP2.0 and notice I'm addressing you both directly.

I'm glad you brought up this quote because I literally said "nigga what!?" When I heard it for the first time.

The point of the pain and sacrifice of your elders and ancestors is for you to learn from it so that you do not have to repeat their pain and sacrifice. You are a reflection of those who came before you and thereby you are their opportunity to choose a better route than they did last time.

You spit in the face of your elders and ancestors when you insist on repeating their pain. They went through it so you wouldn't have to.

He's the kind of guy to get harassed, tased, arrested, or shot while in uniform while crying "yall can't do me like this... I put my life on the line for the country and this whole universe... I'm not a black man, I'm am Avenger"
105DE988-F0B5-4D36-A903-162FDF47EE61.gif

You do realize there is another angle to that as well, right? It doesn't have to be spitting in their face, but rather honoring their legacy by impacting change so that their descendants can enjoy all of the rights, privileges, and rewards anyone else enjoys without having to be concerned about repeated pain. I mean at some point we can't just be content with the status quo and someone will have to be brave enough to change that. I would imagine that some of the ancestors would be pleased with that.

I also think that Isaiah will ultimately give Sam his blessing.

By the way, Sam is not a coon.

de96da78a5457263477c2c493c0c87a6e2652329.gifv

9f7dff60dd23766c46d02ca6e886fd634731cbb2.gifv

The only thing that's really irritating me about this show at this point is that Sam keeps telling people he can help... and that he can "make a call" and everything will get sorted out. He's done it with Sharon, Karli and Isaiah.

Yall think he really got pull like that and he just never wanted to use that same pull to sort out HIS and his families issues?

You do realize there is another angle to that as well, right? It doesn't have to be spitting in their face, but rather honoring their legacy by impacting change so that their descendants can enjoy all of the rights, privileges, and rewards anyone else enjoys without having to be concerned about repeated pain. I mean at some point we can't just be content with the status quo and someone will have to be brave enough to change that. I would imagine that some of the ancestors would be pleased with that.

I also think that Isaiah will ultimately give Sam his blessing.

By the way, Sam is not a coon.
2 simple questions:

1. What is a coon?
2. Why does Sam not fit in that category?

Bonus question:
How do you honor someone's legacy by ignoring their advice and repeating the same mistakes they made?

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
2 simple questions:

1. What is a coon?
2. Why does Sam not fit in that category?

Bonus question:
How do you honor someone's legacy by ignoring their advice and repeating the same mistakes they made?

1. The way most people use the term it would translate to "sellout." That has very little if anything to do with heeding advice. In this context, it means that your ethnicity means nothing to you to the point that you are willing to, and maybe even motivated by, completely disregard(ing) it for the favor of another ethnicity or group.
2. Regarding Sam, he is not driven by a need to undermine the history of his ancestors. He simply believes that he can help make things better, even if it costs him his life.

Bonus....by picking up the baton. By doing better than they think you can do and showing them what is possible. By changing the circumstance or die trying.

Back