Welcome To aBlackWeb

Definitely in the upper tier of the solo films to me. The ending was the only real flaw I had as it was another cgi army of creatures vs army at the end. It should've been that creature using his pops as a vessel and Shang/sister teammup to end him to free him. Keep the combat close and personal like the first two acts.

Just got done watching it.

Gonna say this is one of my favorites right now right behind The Winter Soldier and Infinity War.

Loved the fights 'cause I'm still a martial artist at heart and the story was dope. Awkwafina was not nearly as annoying as I figured she would be and really helped to flesh it out.

I'mma watch it again tomorrow.

It’s a really good movie. Was skeptical which is why I didn’t see it in the theaters. The fights were good and I was entertained through most of the movie tho there was still some slow parts for me. Worth the watch. I like this direction of the MCU right now.

I heard the reviews were good, but god damn, this movie was stellar. The choreography was so dope. The visuals were stunning. Ta Lo looked straight out of a dream. The comedy was perfectly placed. The resolution at the end was great. That dragon, THAT DRAGON!! That shit was straight out of a Miyazaki film. I wish I seen this in the theaters. That final battle was absolutely amazing!! Marvel knocked another one out of the park. Also, a certain cameo had me rolling, that was a blast from the past. And as if I wasn't already in love with the movie, they had Paak on the credits to tie it up all nice and neat.

GEORGE-A-V2.gif

I think one of the funniest parts was at the very end when the shit switched back to the restaurant and Katy said something to the effect of only having trained on the bow and arrow for a day or so and winding up shooting the Dweller in the neck. Almost seemed like a self-aware lil humorous nod to how ridiculous some of the training montages are in martial arts movies are.

Second time seeing this last nite and its still great. Definitely one of my top 5 MCU films. Everything is on point. My only gripe is them killing off The Mandarin so soon but at least we'll get a Disney+ series as a result. I'm fully here for Shang-Chi's sister heading up the Ten Rings and how thats going to play out.

Back