Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm reserving judgement until the show premieres. But from the looks of the series they have so far on Disney plus I highly doubt it'll be as gritty as the Netflix series. Also disappointed Blade will be PG-13. But who knows both may be great .

Thats pretty much the stance im taking. cuss words and blood dont necessarily make something a hit. It can still be entertaining if it doesnt have that same grit that it had before. I'm here for a good story at the end of the day

anyway.. lol was Daredevil in the comics always gritty and dark?
Frank Millers run is what the Netflix series based the tone on. Daredevil in general wasn't necessarily dark but was very mature and a lot more violent then others cause he'd have run ins with Bullseye, Punisher, Kingpin, occasionally Spider-Man and Elektra. Daredevil deals with a lot of the street shit and his catholicism is also a big focus.

Your comprehension skills are shitty too. Cause I didn't say any of that.

That post was about you thinking season 2 of the Boys and season 3 of Stranger Things were some let down or not as good.
The general consensus is that this summer seasons of both were big improvements. The Boys hit that sophomore slump at times, and Stranger Things was over the top in S3.

anyway.. lol was Daredevil in the comics always gritty and dark?

Daredevil pre-Frank Miller wasn't any more dark than the other Marvel books wrtitten by Stan Lee at the time. Daredevil made jokes and quipped during fights. In the early days, you can see why he and Spider-Man meshed like they did. He dealt with goofy villains like Stiltman and Frogman. Even fought lions with his bare hands and shit. Post-Frank Miller's run in the 80's, the stories had a more serious tone going forward cause his Born Again arc was a success.

edit: Forgot to mention that between Lee and Miller was Roy Thomas whose stories gave more personal drama to Daredevil and made Karen a more active character in the stories, similar to in the Netflix show.

Last edited:
Daredevil pre-Frank Miller wasn't any more dark than the other Marvel books wrtitten by Stan Lee at the time. Daredevil made jokes and quipped during fights. In the early days, you can see why he and Spider-Man meshed like they did. He dealt with goofy villains like Stiltman and Frogman. Even fought lions with his bare hands and shit. Post-Frank Miller's run in the 80's, the stories had a more serious tone going forward cause his Born Again arc was a success.

edit: Forgot to mention that between Lee and Miller was Roy Thomas whose stories gave more personal drama to Daredevil and made Karen a more active character in the stories, similar to in the Netflix show.
Never knew Miller had a run at DD. The gritty stories makes sense now

Strawman, I didn't mention Wong.

Now explain how Titania skated from busting into a courtroom, attempting to harm a jury, and then getting knocked out? Show's worse than even Ironfist
Wong escaped custody then was able to file a sist and desist order in court the next episode. Titania roke into a.courtroom and attempted to kill jurors she's still running free and able to file a copyright lawsuit against she hulk and vo to trial. This writing in this show is inconsistent and because " it's a comedy" that is no excuse.

Back