Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrong,most niggas loved it, most whites say its overrated as fuck, and if you think im wrong then clearly you dont use social media

BP was the highest grossing film here and 2nd worldwide. I guessing some white folks liked it.

source.gif

White ppl made it one of the biggest box office movies last year though.
Again, look at the social media comments, and how bout alot of blacks was the driving force instead of giving white ppl the credit? Plus its a goddamn marvel movie so its making a ton of money regardless, i dont take back shit, when you look at bp on social media whites call it overrated, and you kno im not lying fuck box office figures, you wanna do that then lets look at titanic

Bro social media doesn't speak for everybody. Social media also said Lil Wayne and Drake are the greatest rappers of all time. Come on bruh.

Obviously it's not overrated to be I believe the first Marvel movie to get 7 academy award nominations including Best Picture which is a huuuuge deal.

Wayne top 5

Niggas that you have in your top 5 probably got Wayne at minimum top 10

Again, look at the social media comments, and how bout alot of blacks was the driving force instead of giving white ppl the credit? Plus its a goddamn marvel movie so its making a ton of money regardless, i dont take back shit, when you look at bp on social media whites call it overrated, and you kno im not lying fuck box office figures, you wanna do that then lets look at titanic

https://www.statista.com/statistics/809385/black-panther-viewers-ethnicity/

Social media ain't everybody nigga

Moronic blanket statement

White ppl made it one of the biggest box office movies last year though.

I don't know what that nigga is talking about. Go to Youtube and look at all he reviews from white people. They slobbered over the movie every bit as much as blacks did. I think what he's getting confused is that many of them didn't see or understand the cultural impact of the movie. So, they don't understand all the fanfare surrounding it and thus think it receives more attention than it deserves. That doesn't mean they didn't like the movie. It just means that it wasn't the event for them that it was for many black people.

ROFL...

All I'm saying is props to the nom, cuz the cast and crew deserve it regardless.... But don't let this be the defining thing about how this is such a great movie when we all can agree IF was better.

This is nothing more than a. "I know we fucked up in the past.... But we good now right??" Gesture the same way getting blacks in the Superbowl....

They trying to sell the illusion that Hollywood is suddenly "ok" with black people....

It's cool b for what it's worth, but call it what it is

ROFL...

All I'm saying is props to the nom, cuz the cast and crew deserve it regardless.... But don't let this be the defining thing about how this is such a great movie when we all can agree IF was better.

This is nothing more than a. "I know we fucked up in the past.... But we good now right??" Gesture the same way getting blacks in the Superbowl....

They trying to sell the illusion that Hollywood is suddenly "ok" with black people....

It's cool b for what it's worth, but call it what it is

What was better about infinity war? I mean it wasnt nothing new or groundbreaking

Don't eem bother fam some brothas just don't want to remove the shackles and leave the plantation.

First it's "Marvel would never create an all black superhero movie and if they did it would flop"

Then it's "while BP was an amazing movie there's no way this is even making it to the oscars that's just how it is"

Now it's "well BP is successful but only whites said it's overrated and social media speaks for everyone so by admission BP is a failure"

I don't think he was implying the movie was a failure at all. Probably uplaying our role in the movie success. I think it dud good because it was a Marvel movie firstly and then black. Ive seen white folks say it overrated but overrated does not mean they hated it.

I think you're saying we shouldnt even think about white people period in regards to this movie tho

Infinity war was a much better movie bruh....

I ain't even going to go into a whole detailed break down... But infinity war was a masterpiece. Black panther was good... But I've said before coogler's 3rd best movie... And he's only did 3...

I'm glad he's finally getting academy recognition... Because he deserves it, so does his entire crew.... They did a great thing, but the BP nods are make up for Creed & FS

Funny that of all the quotes in the this great movie, they still use one from IW

:hahaha:

This is no place to die

I don't think he was implying the movie was a failure at all. Probably uplaying our role in the movie success. I think it dud good because it was a Marvel movie firstly and then black. Ive seen white folks say it overrated but overrated does not mean they hated it.

I think you're saying we shouldnt even think about white people period in regards to this movie tho
The one dude in the entire thread that understood what i was saying, plus my orginal point was that i seen more than anything ppl saying its overrated,i enjoyed the movie, in my top 5 marvel films but def not oscar worthy

Last edited:
Back