Welcome To aBlackWeb

Like what the fuck he do wrong? Lol

Several years ago he correlated having dreadlocks to criminal activity......he got torched on social media and said the journalist lied.

https://blackamericaweb.com/2015/01...roversial-dreadlocksprofiling-comments-watch/

Days after Anthony Mackie made eyebrow-raising comments regarding the Oscar snub of “Selma” in the major acting and directing categories, he’s really catching major heat for his take on the topic of police violence against young black men in that same interview.

And although the actor didn’t mention the name of the website he gave the interview to, he identified the reporter/interviewer as “Mr. Witherspoon,” a reference to Chris Witherspoon of thegrio.com. According to Mackie, he didn’t realize his comments were being used by Witherspoon for his story, which turned into a headline grabbing newsmaker.

“I felt that we could sit and have a candid conversation about race and he wouldn’t take soundbites. He would let the entire conversation live. And he didn’t. And that’s what frustrates me…Mr. Witherspoon really pissed me off because I trusted him and he lied.,”Mackie told EURweb associate Fahnia Thomas on Wednesday while promoting his upcoming new movie “Black or White.”

Since news of Mackie’s comments surfaced, the actor has been hit with criticism on social media. Clarifying his remarks, Mackie mentioned that what he said about dreadlocks was an example illustrating the perception of those wearing the hairstyle among police officers, not a slam towards anyone with dreadlocks.

“I said ‘My nephew came to me and he said I’ma grow dreadlocks…So speaking as someone who had dreadlocks, I sat my nephew down. I turned on ‘First 48’ because it’s one of my favorite shows. So there are all these young black men being arrested, being killed. The majority of them have dreadlocks. It’s a phenomenon now. Young men want dreadlocks because it’s cool.

“So I told him ‘You will be perceived as this. If you wear your pants hanging off your behind, if you wear your shoes a certain way, if you got tattoos all up your neck. I’m not saying that’s what you are, but you will be perceived as this. And with perception comes profiling,” Mackie continued, while expressing concern as he compared the tense relationship between law enforcement and black men to being in “shark-infested waters.”

As the nation continues to be divided over race, Mackie offered a simple solution he feels could help things progress. The key, according to the entertainer, is to listen, something that may not be easy to accomplish in this day and age.

“Noone’s listening….Everybody wanna hashtag, but nobody’s listening,” Mackie said.

“I don’t know how white people feel about what happened in New York or Ferguson because they haven’t been given an opportunity to speak. And that’s what’s so scary. I feel like we just all need to stop and listen,” Mackie added.

“You want to do a good protest? Set up four booths in Times Square with a sign over them that say ‘Talk to me’ and put two black people and two white people in each booth and talk. Talk.”

Watch Anthony Mackie’s response.

... and this

Tony could have simply ran. The muhfucka threw a moon at him. With three gems he was already the most powerful being in the entire universe capable of bending reality itself, and yet Tony stayed, fought with him toe-to-toe, fought until he couldn't fight anymore, and pulled out one last ditch effort after his armor was almost completely gone by rearranging the nanoparticles to fashion a blade to stab Thanos, which he was stabbed with himself (though not before he "made God bleed", a nod back to Iron Man 2).

Nah b, Iron Man was ready to lay down his life before Endgame.

Marvel's probably gonna hate the Russos for doing that 5 year gap down the road. I mean there's so many logistical questions about it.

You've got a bunch of kids who were 16 when they got snapped, and were still 16 when they came back but they were bord 21 years ago, so can they buy alcohol? can they vote? is it statutory if they sleep with someone who's over 18?
It'll be like those leap year kids. But I think they will still be LEGALLY 21. But I bet special legislation will be put in plave to "protect" the dusted youth. I imagine some states requiring examination of dusted people and being registered into some database with licenses that tell folka that they were snapped away.

It would be kind of cool to see some beef between folks who were dusted and those who weren't.

He was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice both times. Regardless of the odds of survival. It's ok to admit you were wrong on this, man.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I'm just not sure what I'm wrong about. I never said he wasn't willing to make the sacrifice both times. However, committing to something when you think you might die and doing so when you know for sure you will die are two different things. If you don't understand that concept, I don't know what to tell you. In real life, plenty of people do the first almost without thinking. The second will freeze a lot of those same people in place.

... and this

Tony could have simply ran. The muhfucka threw a moon at him. With three gems he was already the most powerful being in the entire universe capable of bending reality itself, and yet Tony stayed, fought with him toe-to-toe, fought until he couldn't fight anymore, and pulled out one last ditch effort after his armor was almost completely gone by rearranging the nanoparticles to fashion a blade to stab Thanos, which he was stabbed with himself (though not before he "made God bleed", a nod back to Iron Man 2).

Nah b, Iron Man was ready to lay down his life before Endgame.

That's not the same thing. On Titan, he was fighting under dire circumstances, but he was fighting with the hope of winning and surviving. Again, when he snapped, he knew he was dead, there was no hope past that. Again, I'm not trying to say that Tony wasn't willing to make sacrifices or put his life on the line before EG. I'm saying that in EG, we see him go the whole way without hesitation knowing there is no possibility of him making it out alive. The examples you guys are giving are not the same thing.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I'm just not sure what I'm wrong about. I never said he wasn't willing to make the sacrifice both times. However, committing to something when you think you might die and doing so when you know for sure you will die are two different things. If you don't understand that concept, I don't know what to tell you. In real life, plenty of people do the first almost without thinking. The second will freeze a lot of those same people in place.

That's not the same thing. On Titan, he was fighting under dire circumstances, but he was fighting with the hope of winning and surviving. Again, when he snapped, he knew he was dead, there was no hope past that. Again, I'm not trying to say that Tony wasn't willing to make sacrifices or put his life on the line before EG. I'm saying that in EG, we see him go the whole way without hesitation knowing there is no possibility of him making it out alive. The examples you guys are giving are not the same thing.

Then we go back to the nuke in Avengers. Tony knew he was going to die. The suit wasn't capable of surviving in space at that point and he knew there was no coming back if he carried the missile out there. And when the suit shut down, you could see "This is it, this is where I die" in his eyes when the nuke went off in front of him. He still did what had to be done with zero thought about his own survival.

Then we go back to the nuke in Avengers. Tony knew he was going to die. The suit wasn't capable of surviving in space at that point and he knew there was no coming back if he carried the missile out there. And when the suit shut down, you could see "This is it, this is where I die" in his eyes when the nuke went off in front of him. He still did what had to be done with zero thought about his own survival.

I'll have to go back and see it. I haven't watched that movie in a while. I never really took it as him believing that there was no way he'd survive when he actually decided to try. He might have resigned himself to death when he believed it was unavoidable, but that's not really what I'm talking about. However, you might be right. Maybe he did believe he was going to die when first decided to take the nuke.

Today's discussion is brought to you by.... Logic

People would literally be falling out of the sky because they were on planes at the time of the snap.

And various other means of travel.

Driving at the time and just pop up on a highway. Pop up where the train you were on was at. If you were on a boat just pop up in the ocean.

Will those things every be addressed??

Jails would be ridiculously over crowded like instantly.

Lotta awkward homeless moments, you pop up in a house that ain't yours no more....

Dude pops up in court for a trial he was on 5 years ago and walks out the court house like nuffin happened

I come home after 5 years and my wife gotta 2 year old baby. Now that's beef.

Today's discussion is brought to you by... Logic

A man that breathes underwater and talks to fish

Typical...

I actually saw this argument on another comic site. Page after page of people going back and forth offering different perspectives and what not. Having an actually discussion about the implications of half the population returning after 5 years.

Mad people were chiming in about the multiple implications, and examples where it would cause a problem.

And I said to myself, y'all would dismiss the entire augment, just because it's a logical critique and y'all would call it hating.

And y'all did not disappoint.

Typical

Typical...

I actually saw this argument on another comic site. Page after page of people going back and forth offering different perspectives and what not. Having an actually discussion about the implications of half the population returning after 5 years.

Mad people were chiming in about the multiple implications, and examples where it would cause a problem.

And I said to myself, y'all would dismiss the entire augment, just because it's a logical critique and y'all would call it hating.

And y'all did not disappoint.

Typical

Seems like there's a very simple solution available for you then.

But you'd rather play the victim here. It's weird as hell.

Back