Welcome To aBlackWeb

Marvel's Avengers: Doomsday (May 2026)

Comics press the reset button all the time and most of the time, no one bats an eyelash

So what if they are "desperate". Some of y'all in here have complained about every single project in this phase cause they got away from what YOU liked about the previous phases

RDJ is now Doom. Ok. Is the movie going to be good? This is the main question you need to be concerned about

Comics press the reset button all the time and most of the time, no one bats an eyelash

So what if they are "desperate". Some of y'all in here have complained about every single project in this phase cause they got away from what YOU liked about the previous phases

RDJ is now Doom. Ok. Is the movie going to be good? This is the main question you need to be concerned about
Nah the phases after endgame been spotty at best and inconsistent

I feel like every project except Hawkeye and a few kept saying the multiverse was open and it’s been opening for like 3 yrs.

I don’t have particular opinion on what they should do,I just know what was good to me.

Covid and the strike and what led to the strike also probably played a part.

I don’t think most of those projects are as garbage as ppl say but it’s been a few bright spots with a lot of meh in between.

If the streets dead then we don't have to worry about you coming outside then right?

Nah. This move showcases two major problems within the MCU right now: kneecapping the full potential of storied characters, and an inability to let go of the past.

The MCU already suffered from too much Stark, before and after his death. And now he's taking Doom with him.

Nah the phases after endgame been spotty at best and inconsistent

I feel like every project except Hawkeye and a few kept saying the multiverse was open and it’s been opening for like 3 yrs.

I don’t have particular opinion on what they should do,I just know what was good to me.

Covid and the strike and what led to the strike also probably played a part.

I don’t think most of those projects are as garbage as ppl say but it’s been a few bright spots with a lot of meh in between.
I'm not suggesting this phase has been perfect but I'm talking mainly about the people who shitted on EVERYTHING

Nah. This move showcases two major problems within the MCU right now: kneecapping the full potential of storied characters, and an inability to let go of the past.

The MCU already suffered from too much Stark, before and after his death. And now he's taking Doom with him.
I'ma respond to this later

How a Stark variant can become Dr Doom?

Idk…hopefully the writers can answer that question b lol

If thats how they gonna play it

View attachment 1349176

But the Russos announced him as Victor von Doom, not as a Tony Stark variant
Nothing stopping Stark from changing his name

I can see a situation where Tony “disappears” after his parents are murdered

Pops back up in Latveria as Von Doom.

Its many ways to get to that. Like I said…hopefully the writers can do it justice

IF thats how they gonna play it

Nothing stopping Stark from changing his name

I can see a situation where Tony “disappears” after his parents are murdered

Pops back up in Latveria as Von Doom.

Its many ways to get to that. Like I said…hopefully the writers can do it justice

IF thats how they gonna play it
Isn't von Doom a family name though?

Hollywood no longer has movie stars that can singularly carry a new IP.

Hollywood's star system allowed for new IPs to be created.

Hollywood's transition to the franchise model means that movie stars like Robert Downey Jr. are tied to a franchise indefinitely because there are no movies that will pay him 30 million and there are hardly any IPs being created worth making due to costs and return on profit...since y'all motherfuckers don't watch anything new and stuck on nostalgia and geek shit.

So, directors don't matter. Screenwriters don't matter. Movie stars don't matter. Only franchises and IPs with exploitable fanbases matter.

Any and every up and coming star director, actor or screenwriter gets funnelled into franchise bullshit which ruins their individuality and ability to draw audiences to new IP. And the current ones are vultures, trying to cash out as much as possible.
Tom Cruise proves that's a lie. He's got multiple successful franchises

Denzel bring big money into whatever movie he's working on because he's a great actor

Avatar is the best selling movie and it's not a comic book

There's a lot of movies that people go to specifically because of the actor or director

I don't want to derail the thread but this is just completely false

I might be the minority, but I really wanted to see Majors in the Kang Arc. At first I didn’t like his depiction of it. It didn’t hit right for some reason. But through Loki, and realizing that as an actor he really has to reach and embody a lot of characters and make them seem different but played by the same person. That intrigued me and really made me pay attention to his attempt to do so and I really wanted to watch it play out. Im disappointed that it got derailed.

Back