Damn, this made me think

If strange knew what the outcome is, was he actually fighting with all his might during the battle? Was he just going through the motions?

Did he try to prolong the battle to ensure nebula made it?

First of all

He could have been fighting with all his might and than some and still was going to lose.

Matter of fact they all lasted to long. Thanos was playing with them

Reactions: Lou Cypher
First of all

He could have been fighting with all his might and than some and still was going to lose.

Matter of fact they all lasted to long. Thanos was playing with them
What's your second of all

Damn, this made me think

If strange knew what the outcome is, was he actually fighting with all his might during the battle? Was he just going through the motions?

Did he try to prolong the battle to ensure nebula made it?

He saw the one path where they won and followed it. He alluded to it twice: Immediately after Thanos left and he said to Tony "We're in the end game now", and after the snap when he said "there was no other way".

It'll come out at the end of Avengers 4.

I know I know

Just killing time until next year lol

Yeah he knew what needed to happen. Even with him fighting at full strength knowing he was going to lose, I'm sure he knows one false move could change the whole outcome, like the butterfly effect. Knew Tony had to survive, cuz he mentioned specifically that if it's up to them or protecting the time stone, he will always choose the time stone. That vision he had had to happen with giving up the time stone.

Reactions: AP2.5
Yeah he knew what needed to happen. Even with him fighting at full strength knowing he was going to lose, I'm sure he knows one false move could change the whole outcome, like the butterfly effect. Knew Tony had to survive, cuz he mentioned specifically that if it's up to them or protecting the time stone, he will always choose the time stone. That vision he had had to happen with giving up the time stone.
No the vision more so alluded to it being necessary that Tony survived. I suspect if not all then most of the original 6 are going to be a necessary sacrifice to reverse what's been done. Tony is clearly not surviving pt 4

No the vision more so alluded to it being necessary that Tony survived. I suspect if not all then most of the original 6 are going to be a necessary sacrifice to reverse what's been done. Tony is clearly not surviving pt 4
Interesting pov

That could be a total possibility as well.

I'm not sure I totally understand the power of the space stone.. if anyone can explain it better that be cool, but I thought it just enabled the user to teleport anywhere in the universe but after watching IW multiple times, thanos uses it to stop Loki from stabbing him and also uses it to send the moon pieces towards the heroes on titan. Does it also give him the power to move/control/stop things through space or something?

Reactions: Soul_Rattler

I'm not sure I totally understand the power of the space stone.. if anyone can explain it better that be cool, but I thought it just enabled the user to teleport anywhere in the universe but after watching IW multiple times, thanos uses it to stop Loki from stabbing him and also uses it to send the moon pieces towards the heroes on titan. Does it also give him the power to move/control/stop things through space or something?
They play with it for plot purposes but yea it controls traveling from a location to another. Comic space gem you can literally be in different places at once simultaneously.

It seems like the stone gives him the ability to affect gravity and other forces too. He used the Power stone to shatter that moon and the Space stone to pull the fragments towards the planet.

pretty interesting

warning...nerd talk, but its kinda neat

a point he brings up that i never considered was that if Strange saw the possibilities with knowing the one outcome that will win, why didn't he just tell everyone what to do?

My answer, if he did it, maybe one person decides they need to do something differently from what he said, then they lose in one of the many failed possibilities he saw

Reactions: OriginalMan!
tumblr_pen4mvD14B1u2ragso1_500.gif

tumblr_pen4mvD14B1u2ragso2_500.gif

I'm going to assume that any version of events that included cutting his arm or hand off would have ended up with someone else getting the gauntlet and doing even worse damage than Thanos.

Best case scenario was letting him go through with the snap.