Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Martin Reboot

Ya'll here for it?

• Total voters
The show was starting to lose steam middle of the 4th season.

The drug use by Martin was taking it's toll. He looked as if he drank Nyquil before taping

My grandmothers long time boyfriend (I kinda consider him my grandfather) is Tommy Ford's uncle. Never personally crossed paths with him but I always herd how he was a good dude. Martin was my show growing up & it ended the way it needed to. Leave that shit alone. Not everything gotta be "rebooted".

I don’t think it would work but I’m all for seeing more black folks make money so I would check it out off the strength of that and the people involved

Shit they are real life best friends. They were living together when they auditoned for and got their roles on Martin. That's what made some folks look at what Tisha Campbell did sideways and more a move to get out of her contract because Tichina Arnold wouldn't ever cosign what she alleged Martin did. The real reason the show ended is because Fox wanted to simply replace Tisha with a new actress because of her contract issues and Martin refused and ended the show instead.

Tisha and Tichina also was back up singers in Little Shop of Horror’s broadway (if I’m not mistaken) and the movie .(I know for sure)

Yes indeed; the Varnell Hill episode. The best episode was “Got To Be There” where Martin thought Gina was fucking the maintenance guy and they improved a whole scene where Martin beats him up at the door and they both knew it looked unreal but funny.

That's one of many scenes where they don't even try to hold back laughing on camera. The "Rent Em Spoons" scene they're laughing so hard Tichina Arnold gets pushed out the camera shot

Back