Mark Jackson blackballed due to his religious beliefs on Marriage and Homosexuality

Born & raised in the church. Dad currently a Deacon. Knows the bible front to back. Not really a big supporter of homosexuality...BUT...never once has he tried to force his beliefs on anyone. Or chastised any one who is gay.

Although he doesn't approve that lifestyle, he understands that it's not his place to judge. No man or woman should judge ANYBODY. There isn't different levels of sin where one is greater than the other. And I feel that's where the problem lies. Folks tend to think that one sin outweighs the other...

"Oh you a liar? That's ok. It's not too bad."

"You're gay? I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL!!"

Sin is sin. Every last human being on this planet has committed a sin. Point blank.

In Mark's case, if he was "forcing" the team to attend the Christian retreats or whateva...then yeah it's an issue. But if he was just askin on some...

"Hey guys, if anyone is interested, the church is having a retreat this weekend. You're more than welcome to join"

...type deal, then I don't see an issue wit that. It's an invite. Now if he was pushin his stern beliefs on the team about gays, then I SORTA understood why they let him go. No different than a white coach who expresses his negative views about Mexicans. It goes against company policy on race, gender, etc. (I tried not laugh considering some of the NBA owners are no different than the NFL).

Last edited:
Sin = to err, miss the Mark

Abomination = foul, to stink, detestable

So there’s weight to homosexuality being viewed more than “missing the mark”

But Jesus never spoke directly on homosexuality, neither did he about rape, incest etc.. he placed it all under the same umbrella of sexual immorality, he affirms this throughout the Bible.

From a Biblical standpoint, an abomination is just something that is against God's design. Sin in general is any action that goes against God's will. Jesus and his apostles give explicit commands not to lie, fornicate, commit adultery, or any of those things because they are sinful. Christians live under the new covenant as introduced in the New Testament. Nowhere does Jesus or anyone that follow him point out homosexuality as being any worse than any other sin. Homosexuality, fornication, adultery, lust, etc... are all lumped under the umbrella of sexual immorality.

That debate aside, any Christian who thinks its his job to police the world is just wrong. Jesus himself didn't do that so why would any of us believe that's our job or right?

Ain’t shell fish called an abomination in the Bible too?

He Jesus accepted everyone lovingly. He didn’t condemn the woman caught in adultery by the Pharisees. They thought they could catch Jesus up in his teachings by forcing him to condemn her to death, but he replied w the gem, “let he without sin cast the first stone”, and from the oldest to the youngest, they left one by one as he wrote in the sand... the Bible doesn’t specify what he wrote but it’s theorized that he wrote out their sins forcing them to flee..

He was even cool w the tax collectors of the time, who were pretty much extreme sinners. They were very hated and the people disliked that Jesus befriended a few of them. Jesus never questioned their sins, he just simply asked them to “follow me”.

But, at the same time, he did ask that the lady no longer sin after freeing her of her accusers. He also transformed the tax collectors hearts. So, there is acceptance but also a request for a change of heart.

This is why homosexuality is so frowned upon, because the majority of them won’t refrain from sexual contact. They want to marry have have sex, just as heterosexuals do. Not only that, homosexuality is being put out there everywhere now. It’s in our tv shows, movies, billboards etc so that’s why it’s so heavily preached against today. But it’s the same “sin” as any sexual immoral law, and yet we don’t hear about those other sexual immoral laws as often or heavy, even though that exists more heavily than homosexuality. (sex outside of marriage)

• Goat
Reactions: ChicagoFigure
Ain’t shell fish called an abomination in the Bible too?

If you think about what the laws are, be it dietary, or whatever, it was about being as clean and healthy as possible.

Shellfish cause anaphylactic shock more so than a simple allergic reaction, aka hives, and pork causes clogged arteries, cancer etc. so most laws were about being as clean and healthy as possible...

this is one of the reasons why homosexuality is forbidden, outside of the naturalization of procreation... sexual disease is higher in homosexual men. Diseases pass through the anus much quicker due to the anus’ ability to absorb so much. This is why suppositories work so well, or why one can get drunk much faster, it hits the blood stream much more efficiently and quickly

it’s why they forbid sex outside of marriage or multiple partners, again health reasons

although, in the Bible there are people who do have multiple wives, so who knows why or how that’s exactly supposed to work.

I was in Orlando this past weekend and they have the Jesus nuts out there going hard with signs and speakers going at gay ppl and folks out there enjoying their Saturday

Like super hard for no reason.

• Haha
Reactions: deadeye
Literally doing God’s work. Sounds great to hear people fighting against he gay agenda being put out.

Well those dumb asses was talking about everybody out that night not just gays as I stated.

But God loves rape and all that shit. Word to the Virgin Mary and killing first borns

All this shit is silly at the end of the day

I dont have to like your lifestyle choice. So long as you're a decent person, I got no problems with you. But I dont have to accept none of that shit just to make anyone feel comfortable. Why cant we just respect each others opinions and keep it moving?

And thats the problem with this gay shit. They wanna force everybody to support it. Nobody owes anybody shit. Same for ppl forcing their religon on others. Both sides are doing the same damn thing.

I dont have to like your lifestyle choice. So long as you're a decent person, I got no problems with you. But I dont have to accept none of that shit just to make anyone feel comfortable. Why cant we just respect each others opinions and keep it moving?

And thats the problem with this gay shit. They wanna force everybody to support it. Nobody owes anybody shit. Same for ppl forcing their religon on others. Both sides are doing the same damn thing.

You l ow how religious ppl are. They the worse than gays.

According to Andre Iguodala, his beliefs during the time as Coach of the warriors got the owner(who was gay) in his feelings and destroyed his career as a head coach in the NBA and is currently being blackballed due to his opinions on gays being able to get married and Homosexuality in general.

That's a pretty crazy revelation that was supposedly an open secret as to his "disputes" with management we kept hearing around the time he got fired. The owners then formed a voltron to keep that nigga out. The way he never got another shot was always odd as fuck with no explanation.

I mean he was dumb for letting that come out tho. How you coach a team in the San Francisco area and say something negative about gays. Like coaching a team in ATL and talking about black people

This ain’t nobody forcing anything they all had choices and once they let him go they got rings and money

assuming he had no ill intent, he was literally serving his purpose in advancing the kingdom

a lot of people would, and know they should, but they're afraid of the push back

Ah but can force it on nobody else. It’s reasons we can’t discuss politics religion and sexuality at work

Reactions: 1/2
Funny how the word of god is supposed to be absolute but folks want to change that word to fit the narrative of how some of the world wants shit to be now in this day and time.

Religion ain't supposed to work like that. The word of god ain't supposed to bend and fold with the pressures of secular society.

People wild as shit to follow a pastor who just goes against that cause it will bring in more parishioners and tithes.

Not a religious person but I look at any pastor who preaches homosexuality is ok a bullshit artist. I understand that christians are supposed to love everybody but that love doesn't mean accepting what the bible called an abomination.

I wanted the wizards to hire Mark Jackson over Scott Brooks

Good points here but we all know the Bible and every other religious book was written by man nobody has ever seen God or a god write anything. Pastors know their doctrines and scripts were set centuries ago by some Roman and Greek folks. Books left in some took out. Shit Jews got like 600 commandments but Christians got 10. So obviously them books ain’t perfect. They twisted the Word to rationalize our slavery.

Man been picking and choosing since the start

Reactions: IP360
I mean he was dumb for letting that come out tho. How you coach a team in the San Francisco area and say something negative about gays. Like coaching a team in ATL and talking about black people
Danny Ferry punk ass tried that shit. Motufucka said Loul Deng had too much African in him in a city that's full of Africans. Danny Ferry made those comments while sitting in an office at State Farm Arena. An arena that was built using tax payer funds in city in which the majority of the tax payers are Africans. Suffice it to say it wasn't very long until someone else was sitting in that office in State Farm Arena.

Good points here but we all know the Bible and every other religious book was written by man nobody has ever seen God or a god write anything. Pastors know their doctrines and scripts were set centuries ago by some Roman and Greek folks. Books left in some took out. Shit Jews got like 600 commandments but Christians got 10. So obviously them books ain’t perfect. They twisted the Word to rationalize our slavery.

Man been picking and choosing since the start

Oh my brother...TESTIFY!

Danny Ferry punk ass tried that shit. Motufucka said Loul Deng had too much African in him in a city that's full of Africans. Danny Ferry made those comments while sitting in an office at State Farm Arena. An arena that was built using tax payer funds in city in which the majority of the tax payers are Africans. Suffice it to say it wasn't very long until someone else was sitting in that office in State Farm Arena.

A letter from co-owner Michael Gearon Jr. recommends that Ferry resign or be fired. Gearon cites Ferry telling the ownership group that Deng "has a little African in him."
His June 12 letter to co-owner Bruce Levenson said Ferry went on to say, "Not in a bad way, but he's like a guy who would have a nice store out front and sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."
Added Gearon: "Ferry completed the racial slur by describing the player (and impliedly all persons of African descent) as a two-faced liar and cheat."

In regards to the insensitive remarks that were used during our due diligence process, I was repeating comments that were gathered from numerous sources during background conversations and scouting about different players," Ferry said in a statement released by the team.

"I repeated those comments during a telephone conversation reviewing the draft and free agency process. Those words do not reflect my views, or words that I would use to describe an individual and I certainly regret it. I apologize to those I offended and to Luol, who I reached out to Monday morning."

Your comments were tame compared to what Ferry said, in my opinion. The sad thing is even my Spurs threw him a life line to work a small job after all that shit went down. His stupid ass pretty much generalized African's as being shady from his comments.

Reactions: SKPJR