Welcome To aBlackWeb

Man rapes woman on a Subway Platform at gunpoint in front of boyfriend

My wife fighting for her life.... And would expect me to be fighting with her

My wife fighting for her life.... And would expect me to be fighting with her

I'm not saying I wouldn't do anything or that you shouldn't do anything. If the gunman was distracted by something suddenly and I thought it gave me the opportunity to act, I would. What I'm saying is that I would not put my wife's life at risk knowing she wouldn't want me to in that situation. If I'm 5 ft away, and the gunman has the gun to her head. There's no way I can get to him before he kills her, so if I chose to act in that situation, I'm basically make the choice of death for her.

Would you still act if you honestly thought that your wife was going to die as a result? Are you sure that's what your wife would want?

My wife looking me dead in my eye like

"Do something"

She really looks at me as her protector... If she was about to be struck by lightning she expect me knock her out the way

I'm disgusted by Monk in this thread

Utterly dusgusted

lol You're disgusted because I know my wouldn't want to die and I would respect that and not do anything to get her killed. Aight bruh, I know ya'll all auditioning for the MCU, so ya'll got it.

Anyway, the gun wasn't on the chick it was on the dude, so the discussion is moot at this point.

lol You're disgusted because I know my wouldn't want to die and I would respect that and not do anything to get her killed. Aight bruh, I know ya'll all auditioning for the MCU, so ya'll got it.

Anyway, the gun wasn't on the chick it was on the dude, so the discussion is moot at this point.
Smh at you equating stopping someone from raping ya wife to being on par with a damn super hero

Excuse me, not do anything to get her killed....

Smh at you equating stopping someone from raping ya wife to being on par with a damn super hero

Excuse me, not do anything to get her killed....

No, ya'll just treating real life like it's the movies.

At the end of the day, our disagreement is you dudes believe that your desire to be the protector is more important than your lady's life. I disagree. If I'm in a situation where I think I can save my wife without getting her killed (e.g., the gun is on me), I'll act. If I think my actions will result in getting her killed, I'm not going to act just so I can feel like the savior. It's weird to me that you guys think what I'm saying is controversial. It's not my place to risk someone else's life if that's not what they want.

I was going to make this point. A lot of people in here are saying they would have rather risked death than stood their and watched. That's understandable, but would you risk your lady's life because dude probably had the gun on her. It would tear me up, but I'd rather wife survive the rape than prevent it from happening with her death.

Idk man I’d rather my wife not die but I don’t know if she would want to live after that. And plus he could always shoot her anyway

No, ya'll just treating real life like it's the movies.

At the end of the day, our disagreement is you dudes believe that your desire to be the protector is more important than your lady's life. I disagree. If I'm in a situation where I think I can save my wife without getting her killed (e.g., the gun is on me), I'll act. If I think my actions will result in getting her killed, I'm not going to act just so I can feel like the savior. It's weird to me that you guys think what I'm saying is controversial. It's not my place to risk someone else's life if that's not what they want.

It’s not about feeling a savior to me ijs it’s a lot of rape victims who commit suicide. Idk if my wife will be that way but I know it people who prefer death over surviving rape. And then he could kill her anyway.

Idk man I’d rather my wife not die but I don’t know if she would want to live after that. And plus he could always shoot her anyway

Like I said. I know how my wife feels about the situation. She would want to live and she would prefer that I not risk my life. I'll respect her wishes when it comes to her life but not mine.

It’s not about feeling a savior to me ijs it’s a lot of rape victims who commit suicide. Idk if my wife will be that way but I know it people who prefer death over surviving rape. And then he could kill her anyway.

Yes, the point is my wife isn't one of those people who would prefer death over humiliation. I've known chicks like that, and my stance would be different if I was with one of them.

Also, it makes no sense to act based on what you think a person might do over what you believe they definitely will do.

Like I said. I know how my wife feels about the situation. She would want to live and she would prefer that I not risk my life. I'll respect her wishes when it comes to her life but not mine.

Yes, the point is my wife isn't one of those people who would prefer death over humiliation. I've known chicks like that, and my stance would be different if I was with one of them.

Also, it makes no sense to act based on what you think a person might do over what you believe they definitely will do.

I mean you don’t know the gun is loaded or cocked you would just assume

I mean you don’t know the gun is loaded or cocked you would just assume

lol See this is why internet conversations about serious hypotheticals are silly sometimes. In real life, unless you have good reason to believe otherwise, when someone pulls a gun on you, whatever action you choose to take, you should always assume that the gun is real and loaded and that the person is willing to use it.

Man, there aint no right or wrong answer to this.

Trauma will have to be dealt with regardless. Have yall ever seen someone get shot to death right in from of you? There will be trauma in that too. If you choose to let the rape happen you BOTH will be dealing with TRAMA after that too. But at least you can deal with it together rather than one of you left on earth to grieve and deal with trauma.

And no...I wont do the trauma Olympics, it's all hard.

I understand how you all would want to protect your love one, but honestly I would rather I be raped then see my man shot and possibly die.
I was hoping we'd get a woman's perspective on this. You can either both try and heal from the trauma or move on separately

Can't do anything if one of both of you are dead from trying to be heroic

I was hoping we'd get a woman's perspective on this. You can either both try and heal from the trauma or move on separately

Can't do anything if one of both of you are dead from trying to be heroic

Y’all need to cut that stupid shit out with being heroic

Back