Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Logic or Wale? Who holds the throne for the DMV?

Who is king of DC?

• Total voters
Jay is still a better rapper. Don't care if he ain't got a project out. Wale keeps putting out subpar projects. They're damn near even, as far as output, as far as I'm concerned.

And what album does Wale have that's better than Krit's 4IAMLT? What album, Goldie? And his mixtape discography is better than Wale's too.

What album does he have that's better than either of Phonte's? And that nigga gets absolutely NO PROMO.

Wale is an underachiever. And not because niggas don't check for him, but because he gets in his own way.

And back to my original point...

Oddisee >>> Wale. Give that nigga the crown.

View attachment 36947

Folarin>>>> any project from all them niggas u just named. Fax.

Folarin>>>> any project from all them niggas u just named. Fax.

QLodW.gif

Lol @ putting work...

Oddisee discography is much larger and they started making music around the same time. And he raps and produces...

It's tangible proof.

He hasn't been able to make anything to appeal to anyone outside of his backpack fans.

Again, wale was and in many cases is still considered a backpack rapper, but was able to make different types of songs. That's part of being an artist.

https://www.vladtv.com/amp/242583/l...-acceptance-anymore?__twitter_impression=true

Logic Says He's Not Worried About Hip-Hop Acceptance Anymore

Logic is slowly becoming one the most prominent artists in the world of music. His recent mixtape Bobby Tarantino II hit No.1 on the Billboard 200 chart. He recently restructured his deal with Def Jam to match the efforts of his successes. However, in the world of hip-hop, the rapper has drawn criticism from rap purist.

In an interview Hard Knock TV published Monday, Logic goes into detail about his life since giving a speech on the Grammy stage following a performance of "1-800-273-8255.” As the conversation progressed, at the 7:00-minute mark, Logic speaks on how he changed his mindset from making music for the hip-hop "culture” following the response from fans after his album, Everybody, incorporated different themes uncommon to the community.

“Hip Hop acceptance, all that, man, f**k it," Logic said. "No matter who you are, where you are, you want to be loved and accepted. But not everybody is going to love you; not everybody is going to accept you. I don't make music for Hip Hop; I make it for my fans. And they primarily love Hip Hop music.”

He continued, “I used to have this thing in my head where I was, like, I wanted to make music for the culture, and I was like, 'man, what is the culture even?' I don't even know what that means. I'm just gonna make music for people who like my music and spread a positive message and that's it. That's what I do."

Krit hasn't let his setbacks in the industry deter him from making music

Wale keeps talking about the credit no one gives him

I preferred the more retrospective Wale over the introspective version

I gotta go with Krit because his transition from retrospective to introspective was flawless and he even stepped up his bars

Krit still sounds like Krit, wale sounds like an artist trying to discover his sound and trying to sound like what's popular at the moment

https://www.vladtv.com/amp/242583/l...-acceptance-anymore?__twitter_impression=true

Logic Says He's Not Worried About Hip-Hop Acceptance Anymore

Logic is slowly becoming one the most prominent artists in the world of music. His recent mixtape Bobby Tarantino II hit No.1 on the Billboard 200 chart. He recently restructured his deal with Def Jam to match the efforts of his successes. However, in the world of hip-hop, the rapper has drawn criticism from rap purist.

In an interview Hard Knock TV published Monday, Logic goes into detail about his life since giving a speech on the Grammy stage following a performance of "1-800-273-8255.” As the conversation progressed, at the 7:00-minute mark, Logic speaks on how he changed his mindset from making music for the hip-hop "culture” following the response from fans after his album, Everybody, incorporated different themes uncommon to the community.

“Hip Hop acceptance, all that, man, f**k it," Logic said. "No matter who you are, where you are, you want to be loved and accepted. But not everybody is going to love you; not everybody is going to accept you. I don't make music for Hip Hop; I make it for my fans. And they primarily love Hip Hop music.”

He continued, “I used to have this thing in my head where I was, like, I wanted to make music for the culture, and I was like, 'man, what is the culture even?' I don't even know what that means. I'm just gonna make music for people who like my music and spread a positive message and that's it. That's what I do."

Translation: Real rap niggas are on to my gimmick, and I know I can't use fuck shit to my advantage, ergo, I'm gonna make music for white boys and weirdos.

FOH, you crybaby ass nigga. And take all your mulatto melodrama wit you.

Krit hasn't let his setbacks in the industry deter him from making music

Wale keeps talking about the credit no one gives him

I preferred the more retrospective Wale over the introspective version

I gotta go with Krit because his transition from retrospective to introspective was flawless and he even stepped up his bars

Krit still sounds like Krit, wale sounds like an artist trying to discover his sound and trying to sound like what's popular at the moment

This was pure bullshit, but ima let ap cook today lol

This was pure bullshit, but ima let ap cook today lol

It's not. I would take Krit's 12 for 12, it's better this way mixtapes and his "4eva is as mighty long time" album over wale's last album and previous two mixtapes.

It's not even close

Wales album about nothing was trash. Girls on drugs was the best song easy

It's not. I would take Krit's 12 for 12, it's better this way mixtapes and his "4eva is as mighty long time" album over wale's last album and previous two mixtapes.

It's not even close

Wales album about nothing was trash. Girls on drugs was the best song easy

I'm willing to go song for song with Folarin and More About Nothing vs any of Krits projects

I'm willing to go song for song with Folarin and More About Nothing vs any of Krits projects

Nah

I said Krit's last two mixtapes and his last album against Wales last two mixtapes and last album

I'll add,I didn't realize he dropped Shine after the album about nothing, but my point still remains

Nah

I said Krit's last two mixtapes and his last album against Wales last two mixtapes and last album

I'll add,I didn't realize he dropped Shine after the album about nothing, but my point still remains

Why just limit it to their last projects tho? Aren't we talkin overall?

Back