Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Lizzo Sued For Sexual Harassment By Former Employees

test
If you're initial decision was made under duress then the rest of the things you do while living the reality of that decision can possibly fall under that. Mainly because without the duress/coercion you would've never been in that position to begin. And if you're talking people's livelihood and careers then it's not hard to see why and how someone ends up there.

And it's still abuse. I mean if somebody punches you in the face and you saw it coming the shit still hurts doesn't it? Just because you're aware of what's happening doesn't make it any less coercive. You just know where the true power dynamics lie and work within that frame. But again if that shitty framework is all you've been given to work with then what other options are there?

lol You keep on acting like there are not other options. You can choose not to work there. That is an option.

I'll give you an example from real life. There was this bartender at a lounge I used to frequent. I got to know her pretty well. She ended up quitting abruptly and I didn't see her at that spot again. A couple years later I started going to a new spot and she wound up working there. I asked what happened at the old spot and she told me the owner was abusive. I asked what she meant, and she basically said that there were good times to work and bad times to work and he gave the good times to chicks that let him hit. She admitted that she went along with it because the money was good. She eventually got tired of it, so she stopped and he stopped giving her the good slots. She left after that.

So, no question, that owner was a real scumbag. That said, no I don't consider that chick a victim. She knew exactly what the deal was. By her own admission, she didn't stay because she felt she had no choice. She stayed because she was making $1000 a night from tips. That was the choice she made.

lol You keep on acting like there are not other options. You can choose not to work there. That is an option.

I'll give you an example from real life. There was this bartender at a lounge I used to frequent. I got to know her pretty well. She ended up quitting abruptly and I didn't see her at that spot again. A couple years later I started going to a new spot and she wound up working there. I asked what happened at the old spot and she told me the owner was abusive. I asked what she meant, and she basically said that there were good times to work and bad times to work and he gave the good times to chicks that let him hit. She admitted that she went along with it because the money was good. She eventually got tired of it, so she stopped and he stopped giving her the good slots. She left after that.

So, no question, that owner was a real scumbag. That said, no I don't consider that chick a victim. She knew exactly what the deal was. By her own admission, she didn't stay because she felt she had no choice. She stayed because she was making $1000 a night from tips. That was the choice she made.

That's a nice story...but it's not really comparable to the situation with Lizzo. You're also talking about 2 completely different people in 2 completely different set of circumstances. So yeah it doesn't really fit.

That's a nice story...but it's not really comparable to the situation with Lizzo. You're also talking about 2 completely different people in 2 completely different set of circumstances. So yeah it doesn't really fit.

Yeah, but I wasn't specifically talking about the Lizzo situation. I was speaking generally about the line between a person being coerced and that person making the decision to accept a bad choice because they liked the benefits.

Yeah, but I wasn't specifically talking about the Lizzo situation. I was speaking generally about the line between a person being coerced and that person making the decision to accept a bad choice because they liked the benefits.

I get what you're saying. Im just saying there's nuance that makes it a bit more indepth than how you're presenting it

I get what you're saying. Im just saying there's nuance that makes it a bit more indepth than how you're presenting it

There is. That's being lost in the discussion.

Actually, that's really what I wanted to say initially is that these cases seem more complicated than people acknowledge. I just got caught up going down a rabbit hole.

😳

38ccd0cfb60002cc896de64a6ea8fb10d74882d8.jpg

4b9a277bea1191f5ebdb346905f98b9990ee98ae.gifv

dc5916d6a7482585ace5ce12c3f2c6105aced185.gifv

f52551a1cb0e2edc640977c6eb9b92e76ad4c1a3.gifv

Back