Welcome To aBlackWeb

Living with Parents.

Eartha Clit

💜
Site President
@OhMars stated:
I've always said that my kids can only stay in my house if they are working and progressing towards something.

One thing I notice is that other races outside of Blacks, tend to let their children stay at home until they are on their feet. I never understood the rush to push a child out of the door at 18. Growing up, my mom was never the type to push me out, I actually decided to leave at 19.

How long are you willing to let your child stay at home with you after high school?

Spanish folks want their kids in there house forever. I had a friend who was 25 living with his parents making really good money, he had a key to his bedroom....

To clear up my point though
I'm not in a rush to get them out, you just can't be in my house free loading.
Like I said, as long as you got a plan and are making progress in that plan you can stay as long as you need.
That could be school, a business, or just saving for a house.

As long as they're contributing to the bills, working, or trying to do something for themselves, they always got a home.

I never knocked anybody for living wit their parents. You never know the reason behind it.

I can think of a couple of situations where I was thankful to be still living wit my Dad. Especially when he waa going thru the whole prostate cancer situation.

Then there was other times in my life where I needed to get back on my feet again. So it depends on the situation.

I made a young mans decision to not listen to my mother and she kicked me out at 16. She didn't think I wasn't coming back but a young hard headed man will do everything to prove any and everyone wrong. My son can live with me until he is ready to be on his own and take on full responsibility of that. I would hate for him to be 30 and still living at home but he will always have a place to rest his head until he is ready for his own.

My mom and I moved into my grandfathers house when I was like 13.

It's a big family house, there was 6 of us here when we came over.

Over the years family came and went.

When my uncle his wife and kids moved in, it was too crowded and I moved out at 20.

When I was 25 I was fucking up pretty bad and my moms was here by herself cuz everybody left. So we came to an agreement on bills and rent and I moved back in.

It's still the family house, and everyone contributes to everything. I've taken on all the repairs and improvements. Moms is 66 and facing retirement. She barely even cook these days.

Its 5 of us here. This is our family. This is our family home. There's been times when there were 10+ living here.

And I'll extend the same to my kids. As long as you're paying your way and contributing towards the care of the home.... Paying bills, you can stay...

My mom and I moved into my grandfathers house when I was like 13.

It's a big family house, there was 6 of us here when we came over.

Over the years family came and went.

When my uncle his wife and kids moved in, it was too crowded and I moved out at 20.

When I was 25 I was fucking up pretty bad and my moms was here by herself cuz everybody left. So we came to an agreement on bills and rent and I moved back in.

It's still the family house, and everyone contributes to everything. I've taken on all the repairs and improvements. Moms is 66 and facing retirement. She barely even cook these days.

Its 5 of us here. This is our family. This is our family home. There's been times when there were 10+ living here.

And I'll extend the same to my kids. As long as you're paying your way and contributing towards the care of the home.... Paying bills, you can stay...
what if they can't pay bills or they're saving for their home or summin? wld u evict them?

I aint no damn fool, no way I'd be able to buy all of the music equipment that I do without living with my parents. I'm thankful af for that, and I'd do the same for kids, it sets you up for a better life and fewer financial troubles, as long as everybody is pulling their weight it's all good

I can't, I need my place, me and wifey, gfs, need our space, but if he or she are on hard times, then yea but if you making money, enough to get your own then you can afford rent or shack up with yo ole lady.
Crazy though if I have a girl, baby girl can stay with me until she's old and gray.

Plus I think the size of my house will determine if I will or will not extended the deadline/cut off

But shit, as a 21 year old in college sayin you live with your mama and nem ain't a good look, some chicks who have their own may look at that as you still being a boy.
I've struck out many of times just by me mentioning I stayed with my mama and nem smh Lol.

Last edited:
I've noticed the opposite trend. white ppl tend to be in a hurry for their kids to be out the house, while ppl of color r usually more in favor of inter-generational households.

unless they wanna shoot up or summin, my child has an indefinite welcome.
This is more of an international perspective over here black people tend to push kids out early as possible sometimes.

what if they can't pay bills or they're saving for their home or summin? wld u evict them?
No,, imma get all up in their business and their spending habits and make sure they're taking this adult thing seriously.

Not paying bills is a no no, I'm not giving free rides, it'll just be a discount

I can't, I need my place, me and wifey, gfs, need our space, but if he or she are on hard times, then yea but if you making money, enough to get your own then you can afford rent or shack up with yo ole lady.
Crazy though if I have a girl, baby girl can stay with me until she's old and gray.

Plus I think the size of my house will determine if I will or will not extended the deadline/cut off

But shit, as a 21 year old in college sayin you live with your mama and nem ain't, some chicks who have their own may look at that as you still being a boy.
I've struck out many of times just by me mentioning I stayed with my mama and nem smh Lol.
That's why I got out at 20.... by 25 I could Care less about a chick coming over.

In fact at that point I didn't even want chicks to know where I was resting my head. Even with me coming going, my wife was the first chick my moms met on my behalf in like 6 years....

My son can stay until he's on his feet. He will have to have be working on his future though. If he's in school he can stay, he has to pull his weight. If he's saving for a house, he can stay.

However, I'm really about to focus on getting me a house. One with my room far from his because I'm not gonna stop my sexcapades and I don't need him hearing me.

I think people should only move out if their financially ready.

I know too many people struggling or working 3-4 jobs trying to maintain a lifestyle they cant afford.

On the flipside, If you aren't working towards anything and still cooped up in your parents house, you got some things you need to work on fam.

My kids can stay in my house but I hope I raise them in a way that they strive to have their own shit.

I want to be able to say to them: You can always live with me

and they respond with: Nah mom, Im good.

My son can stay until he's on his feet. He will have to have be working on his future though. If he's in school he can stay, he has to pull his weight. If he's saving for a house, he can stay.

However, I'm really about to focus on getting me a house. One with my room far from his because I'm not gonna stop my sexcapades and I don't need him hearing me.
if offspring of mine heard me, i wld have no choice but to commit seppuku

4bd2381e0de6bf092b4e9ba3beb98190.jpg

My kids can stay in my house but I hope I raise them in a way that they strive to have their own shit.

I want to be able to say to them: You can always live with me

and they respond with: Nah mom, Im good.
This

Free ride or nah, if I ain't raise my kids to want independence then I fucked up

This is more of an international perspective over here black people tend to push kids out early as possible sometimes.
I see that way less in West Indian homes. Half of Canarsie is inter-generational family homes. Is it maybe more of an African American thing?

@OhMars stated:

One thing I notice is that other races outside of Blacks, tend to let their children stay at home until they are on their feet. I never understood the rush to push a child out of the door at 18. Growing up, my mom was never the type to push me out, I actually decided to leave at 19.

How long are you willing to let your child stay at home with you after high school?

Was this overlooked?!
I've seen this restated twice when I already said it.

Back