Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Maybe so but C5 as a project is better to me. Wayne is no Nas but it’s not like he’s garbage lyrically either. His level of lyricism combined w/ the production & other elements just made this a better listen for me than Nasir.
This was typical Wayne though. Some clever lines here and there, a solid verse there, mixed in with some rambling here, he just did it over better beats than he’s been rapping on recently. He had some songs on there that were cool, but when I’m judging an album lyrics are factored in.

This was typical Wayne though. Some clever lines here and there, a solid verse there, mixed in with some rambling here, he just did it over better beats than he’s been rapping on recently. He had some songs on there that were cool, but when I’m judging an album lyrics are factored in.
This is me

I actually liked this project to say it seemed like it would never see the light of day

It's solid but you and I share the same criticisms damn near verbatim

He definitely has some bangers and a few that probably needed a tad more seasoning.

I personally won't be running it back over and over but it was a very solid effort

I give it a 3.5

You weirdo's are saying Uproar better than Special Delivery? I hate you niggas man

Id never come out and say its better, ima have to go back and revisit special delivery after hearing Uproar before I can say that. I just fuck wit the beat flip and i think it got niggas hype because thats sample he used

So yall heard Wayne broke Elvis' Billboard Hot 100 record right?

The rapper tops the King of Rock and Roll's mark for the most Hot 100 appearances among solo acts. Presley, however, maintains a wide lead for the most entries among all artists as a lead solo act.
He'll always be the King of Rock and Roll, but w hen it comes to the artist with the most Billboard Hot 100 hits, Elvis Presley's longstanding record total gives way to a new stats king: Lil Wayne.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...passes-an-all-time-elvis-presley-hot-100-mark

AP agrees with our resident Wayne hater, shocker lol

I'm still in celebration mode, I'll kill yall niggas ridiculous reviews tomorrow or Monday.

This is a perfect album. He satisfied every demo. You have club bangers, u have introspective songs, u have songs to ride to with straight bars, he has storytelling tracks with one being how he tried to commit suicide, etc. All around great album.

SN: I ran errands and cleaned my car to this album all morning, Uproar is crazy in the whip. If it hasn't already, Uproar is gonna tear the club up.

AP agrees with our resident Wayne hater, shocker lol

I'm still in celebration mode, I'll kill yall niggas ridiculous reviews tomorrow or Monday.

This is a perfect album. He satisfied every demo. You have club bangers, u have introspective songs, u have songs to ride to with straight bars, he has storytelling tracks with one being how he tried to commit suicide, etc. All around great album.

SN: I ran errands and cleaned my car to this album all morning, Uproar is crazy in the whip. If it hasn't already, Uproar is gonna tear the club up.
200w.gif

Overall I think everybody happy with this album shit receiving nothin but high praises on social media with the exception of a few. I got a handful of niggas on my facebook catching hell cause they talking bout that new Kevin Gates project knowing good and damn well aint nobody checking for that shit after Wayne done dropped

I got some time to spare, lets go lol

You're saying he didn't have good content?

He told stories he had some solid subject matter, he had dope beats he only lost Points because his lyrics were trash on some songs, decent on some songs and good on others. Lyrical inconsistency is my biggest issue with the album.

What songs were the lyrics trash? And please don't say the party records.

Back