Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
Carter 4 and the mixtapes around that era were Birdman in Wayne's ear telling him what record she wanted. Birdman wanted to keep the cheques coming so for him he ain't want Wayne do take chances that could fuck that up. This is what led to C5. Getting shelved because Birdman wanted singles done a certain way. Afterwards money and everything else started being called out but the original source was Birdman stifling Wayne's creativity. As long as Birdman is out the picture we are gonna get fire albums like this. Even the production on this is reminiscent of C2/C3 Wayne. I'm not dwelling on the past tho I want to see where Wayne takes it next. That next album is gonna be CRAAAZZZYY.
nah I can't agree fam. If you make a playlist of random songs from Carter 3, 4 and 5, it'll all sound like the same artist. I fyou throw in a C1 or C2 song it'll throw it off and sound like a different era of an artist's music. Even if you look at the cover art and text used on all the Carter albums, 3-5 are similar to each other, while 1 & 2 are similar to each other but different from 3-5.

I'm not sure how much Birdman affected shit, he just wanted his (and everyone else's) cut of the check. He's the 00's and 10's version of Suge Knight. We'll have a thread on him getting locked up in another 10 years or so.

nah I can't agree fam. If you make a playlist of random songs from Carter 3, 4 and 5, it'll all sound like the same artist. I fyou throw in a C1 or C2 song it'll throw it off and sound like a different era of an artist's music. Even if you look at the cover art and text used on all the Carter albums, 3-5 are similar to each other, while 1 & 2 are similar to each other but different from 3-5.

I'm not sure how much Birdman affected shit, he just wanted his (and everyone else's) cut of the check. He's the 00's and 10's version of Suge Knight. We'll have a thread on him getting locked up in another 10 years or so.

Illmatic doesn't sound like Stillmatic, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 was dope, but didn't sound like the OG, etc. Plus who wants to hear the same sounding album everytime?

Yeah this shit might go platinum in the first week.

Remember C4 did like 1.5 million in the first week.....

Lol slow down fam, drake aint even go plat first week. I'm predicting between 400-500k.

Uproar gon bring the Harlem Shake back.

DSOTM could have been a dope song by a singer featuring another singer. Not with those two artists though.

Uproar gon bring the Harlem Shake back.

DSOTM could have been a dope song by a singer featuring another singer. Not with those two artists though.

That track actually got better after a couple spins to me.

I was kinda dismissive at first of that joint and was just like meh but I like it now

Back