Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Durk's brother DThang shot and killed in Chicago nightclub

I agree with your whole post except this part. Nothing is cute or cool about dissing the deceased. That's just me though, maybe it's because I'm from an older generation or simply just morals, iunno.

------------------

I mean it's cute in the sense that they got the whole internet and youth talking smoking packs and shit. Chicago drill lingo is mainstream now. It's no different than LA gang banging culture had dudes rocking chucks and khakis and they weren't even in a gang. I am not saying it's cool shouting out dead rivals, but it made some of these dudes and their slang popular. Shit everybody says opps now.

Think about it, we got corny ass sports announcers talking about NBA players catching bodies. Pretty soon some sports announcers gonna be talking about a team being turned into a pack. Nobody thinks of the hundreds of young men being murdered when they say an athlete caught a body. Or an athlete or a team is now a pack.

Most of the gangland shit that drill rappers rap about, the average listener don't even understand because it's like Game of Thrones lore. Only weirdo ass White boys care to find the shit out. Tooka might as well be the name of a weed strand, I didn't know that was an actual person until a couple months ago. These dudes are genius marketers of their genre.

It's like 50 Cent said, the fascination with Hip Hop music, isn't the songs themselves, it's the fact that for a lot of people, it's like going to the zoo. You can get close enough to a lifestyle that is stupid and destructive to any middle class citizen of any country, yet you get the thrill of it. You don't wanna be caught alone with a tiger in a savannah or in deep water with a shark, but it's fascinating when you see one behind glass. Shit, you'll pay for that.

Last edited:
It's because the principals of what made him and developed his success to begin with is your pride and integrity. When you poor and growing up in the hood that's all you got. It's tripled when you are a gang member. Unfortunately his pride is even more enhanced and shown in the public eye since he is a singer. Now, let's add on to that the fact his enemies have killed close to 30 of his friends and family members and bragged about it throughout social media and taunts, while Durk does the same.

With that many loses, Durk is probably passed the stage of grieving, and developed a cold/numb exterior to boost his current status as unfazed,tough, and full of pride because 1. It's apart of his fame, and most important 2. It's part of his DNA of why he lives which is to protect his pride and integrity.

No amounts of money or success changes that for some folks, especially when he has lost as much as he did. If anything the more lives lost actually pushes him further into the abyssal plains of real niggatry, and the ending chase of protecting and honoring his Integrity will continue until it won't matter like the day this purpose started.

Durk trauma and saving will only get better once he is forced to leave this lifestyle by either prison overseas in a safe place, or through some other extreme version. He too deep in man smh.

I hear you and all... but he still moved out to escape being killed or ending up doing a good amount of time in prison.

Now he just a rich dude but trapped.

Shit's pitiful.

durk brother already survived two other shootings couple years back idk why he felt the need to be in a shithole strip club .

I know for a fact when Katrina happened, Houston and Atlanta got wild as fuck and a lil bit in Dallas
Of course a bunch of stranded and hood niggas gonna cause some drama in a new city during a crisis.

ATL was really poppin too.Money was flowing in 2004/2005 heavy.

We all had to look like food to a nigga who just had their city flooded and abandoned damn near.

durk brother already survived two other shootings couple years back idk why he felt the need to be in a shithole strip club .

That's another thing I picked up watching those videos. These dudes know they are basically at war, but they do a lot of hanging out on the streets or at open hoods spots where they are easy targets. Maybe, I'm just a coward by their standards or something, but if shit was that hot, you'd never catch me just chillin like shit is cool.

That's another thing I picked up watching those videos. These dudes know they are basically at war, but they do a lot of hanging out on the streets or at open hoods spots where they are easy targets. Maybe, I'm just a coward by their standards or something, but if shit was that hot, you'd never catch me just chillin like shit is cool.
Facts

And that’s the thing I don’t get. You done dropped multiple bodies and you know everybody and they momma hunting you down and you either get drunk or high or feel that know one can touch you and boom, you the one that got caught.

they know.....they know damn well death is right behind them.....im not in anybody's head but i feel like some of them guys gotta be just wanting to be put out of their misery.....the money and bitches is cool but that whole trife life is fuckin sad and stressful....them niggas be tired bruh

as much as people try we're not made to carry all that death and hatred shit....especially at the age of your average gang banger....niggas aint sleeping right, eating right, loving or being loved......you cant possibly be well in the head

to be relieved from all that shit and have your block named after you might really look like a win....shits the finish line, the top of the mountain 😓

they know.....they know damn well death is right behind them.....im not in anybody's head but i feel like some of them guys gotta be just wanting to be put out of their misery.....the money and bitches is cool but that whole trife life is fuckin sad and stressful....them niggas be tired bruh

as much as people try we're not made to carry all that death and hatred shit....especially at the age of your average gang banger....niggas aint sleeping right, eating right, loving or being loved......you cant possibly be well in the head

to be relieved from all that shit and have your block named after you might really look like a win....shits the finish line, the top of the mountain 😓

Very true.

I'm a father raising a black boy, it is about fighting and trying to overcome the demons and heartache that I've endured as hard as I can. If it means seeking professional help, I'll do that, because I am doing it for my young one as well. This world is too cruel, going home to my child is my number one priority. How much more Durk, Von (RIP), don't know if Durk's brother had children... but the point I am making is black men are needed, fathers or not. These poor decisions are uncalled for because their children will suffer the most in the long run.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees it like that. And that's the painful part... black boys and girls need their fathers in the best shape mentally and physically more than ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1/2

Good point. I couldn't imagine living like that day in and day out. A nigga starts that life at 14 is probably ready to tap out at 25.

You heard one of them say in a video in this thread that he's only 21 and the shit shocked the dude interviewing him. It's wild to see them exhibit such maturity in terms of understanding how their environment has affected them yet still be so immature in their day to day actions

Reactions: 1/2
i think thats common tho....thats why we typically give better advice than what we actually follow

when somebody asks for some insight on shit in your life, you kinda step outside of it to make that assessment from a clear vantage point.....you're not in it, you're looking at it

people dont really get in that frame of mind thru day to day actions....you cant reflect on or be outside of whats happening right now in real time

hindsight is always 20/20

On take it back in blood he's talking about a dude named Krump who died ,who dissed his cousin Nuski who died.

"he was dissing on my cousin now his ass all in that wood huh"
krump and dthang were friends . krump started to expose alot of these dudes shit because he been around them. krump said reese choked durk

fbg duck did this song bigging up both sides but niggas jus laughed at him

Back