Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lifetime’s “Surviving R. Kelly” Docuseries(aka The #MeToo Summer Jam Screen series) Trailer

When it happened before I wasn't really sure who to believe. It was all rumor and conjecture to me. Same as with MJ.

Him marrying Aaliyah didn't automatically paint him as serial pedophile to me at the time. I was a teenager myself so it wasn't a second thought given at the time.

The tape I was in college. And even then there was always questions around her true age. I ain't know the girl.

Those were the only two incidents I knew of. Probably all anyone knew of. And I didn't care enough to find out more.
but you also wasnt in chicago

I don’t give a fuck about R Kelly and i think his pedi ass belongs in jail and his skull cracked once he is in prison. My only concern is how he’s being used as a proxy for all black men and that has dangerous consequences, but y’all niggas can’t seem to grasp that concept.
its called needing to stop while chewing gum

Lmao I thought the same shit but honestly alot of cats in the 90s rocked the baldy even tho they could grow hair. Jadakiss for example.

I'm bald and can grow hair.

Problem is, I've got too many grays sprinkled in .

Hell, it might be all gray now for all I know.

Haven't grown my hair out in over a decade.

Someone made a point that I didn’t think of before but part of the reason why the girls may have been hesitant to press charges is because their parents/guardians may have to do jail time as well and they may be hesitant to want to send their mom/aunt/grandma in jail too.

Shit like this is stupid. That was 20 years ago and the situation was an older man married to a young girl. That was a lot more acceptable at the time.

Hell, I think under the law, an underage girl can marry a man with parental consent. That's why a lot of people didn't paint R. Kelly as a pedophile at that time.

The shit gets real when you find out he's smutting out underage girls and brainwashing them and abusing them.

Shit like this is stupid. That was 20 years ago and the situation was an older man married to a young girl. That was a lot more acceptable at the time.

Hell, I think under the law, an underage girl can marry a man with parental consent. That's why a lot of people didn't paint R. Kelly as a pedophile at that time.

The shit gets real when you find out he's smutting out underage girls and brainwashing them and abusing them.

That last sentence is the issue. But i assume he really was doing it back then too. He just was trying to save himself before it came out that he was smashing so he convinved her to marry him quickly.

That last sentence is the issue. But i assume he really was doing it back then too. He just was trying to save himself before it came out that he was smashing so he convinved her to marry him quickly.
Exactly. But how could anyone know that? And people saying why didn't R. Kelly get cancelled back then. Nobody knew the extent of his psychosis at that time.

Back