Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let's talk about fat people

Soul_Rattler

For as long as I can remember, there's been an understated stigma around the word "obese". People hear that word and immediately think of the biggest whale sized person they've ever seen when obesity is much more common than we'd like to admit. Alot of the "thick" women we know and love are obese but we dare not say it because this happens

Seems like people would rather be called fat than obese. Weird shit.

When the word obese is brought up it immediately gives into the thought that “this person has a medical condition”. For bigger people that already have self image issues, it’s a reality some aren’t ready to deal with.

When the word obese is brought up it immediately gives into the thought that “this person has a medical condition”. For bigger people that already have self image issues, it’s a reality some aren’t ready to deal with.
Struggling to squeeze into a 2XL, needing reinforced bedframes, sweating in 65 degree weather, and actively avoiding any flight of stairs more than 5 steps is fine... but they draw the line at the word "obese"?

Somebody said chickens
tumblr_n8j5hgya8M1t3biveo1_500.gif

Making themselves feel better I suppose. I mean look at all those hashtags... Someone who’s comfortable with they’re body don’t need to do all that. Tho I understand the struggle.

Thick/Fat/Curvy/Chubby are considered more socially acceptable.
The word obese is associated with morbid and my people don't want to believe that we are abnormal.

Last edited:
I just be tripping.

Cuz I hear morbidly obese and I know I can still run a mile without stopping.

I just be tripping.

Cuz I hear morbidly obese and I know I can still run a mile without stopping.

There are NFL players that can legally be considered “obese”. I know dudes in the Navy big as all hell that can outrun you in a heart beat.

My sister can be considered obese yet she’s in the verge of being a regestered nurse and as health conscious as it gets. Life ain’t fair.

For as long as I can remember, there's been an understated stigma around the word "obese". People hear that word and immediately think of the biggest whale sized person they've ever seen when obesity is much more common than we'd like to admit. Alot of the "thick" women we know and love are obese but we dare not say it because this happens

Seems like people would rather be called fat than obese. Weird shit.

4ea.jpg

Guess I'll be the first nigga to say it...

SMASH...

That is all.

Meanwhile, people go to the doctor and watch them follow that white people ass chart to tell us how much we should or shouldn't weigh lol but shit if some of us went by that chart we'd look sick. I know I would.
They start that shit from infancy, got parents going crazy trying to have these chunky ass babies and then when those same children become adults, now they're too big.

Fat people just can't win, lmao.

but some cats are just fat though
if there is meat on your knee caps or elbows.. you just "might" be fat
if the inside of your thighs are pink.. you just "might" be fat
if you gotta step laterally before you to take a step forward you just "might" be fat
if you gotta take a knee after a short conversation you just "might" be fat
if you give someone food for thought and that person looks like they want seconds they "might" be fat

If someone is fat they're just fat.
I'm not going to bash fat/obese people in hopes that they will get healthy.
I don't know their story, I have not walked a day in anyone else's shoes but my own.
So what if people would rather be called fat than obese, that's alright too.
Fat is fat..is fat...is fat.
Like I stated before this shit starts from infancy. People want to feed babies whatever but then get mad when we have obese adults walking around, LOL.

*whispers* I still love food.
tenor.gif

If someone is fat they're just fat.
I'm not going to bash fat/obese people in hopes that they will get healthy.
I don't know their story, I have not walked a day in anyone else's shoes but my own.
So what if people would rather be called fat than obese, that's alright too.
Fat is fat..is fat...is fat.
Like I stated before this shit starts from infancy. People want to feed babies whatever but then get mad when we have obese adults walking around, LOL.

*whispers* I still love food.
tenor.gif

That's bullshit. I was always a skinny kid as was all of my siblings and cousins. We're ALL big now that we're in our 30's and 40's, except two of us and that's 'cause one of my cousins started running to get his weight off and my baby sister decided she was just gonna stay fit (and she's turning 30 this year so we'll see how long that lasts).

Back