Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Let's just be friends"

thats not what i said

my point was to guys or girls who feel like being in the friend zone is the end of the world...embrace that shit. They might not have an interest in you and thats ok, but their friends, relatives, coworkers, etc...might...use it to your advantage

but i aint never met a chick who at any point in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex, viewed them like a brother, then went on to be in a relationship with them

ya'll funny af
same. never gone from viewing someone in a strictly platonic light to wanting to be in a relationship with them.

to each their own tho

all of the shit we're discussing right now is opinions, anecdotes n perspectives. we rn't talking about the death rate of ants. this can't really be quantified cuz ppl got different ideas of friendship n manners of dating. this is 1 of those times where we're goin by our own experiences n observations. what facts do u speak of?

i interpreted ur post saying "isn't that essentially the same thing? other people's findings" re: studies to mean that u dont see statistics as being more definitive than personal experiences. that isn't twisting shit, that's reaching a conclusion. you never draw conclusions based on shit ppl say? really Goldie?

i'ma just ride out on this one^^^^

but this is from urbandictionary lmao

A term many guys (and some girls) use when they have been rejected, whether it is straight out or inadvertently said. People tend to claim it is the other person's fault and/or that they are a "friendzoning bitch" despite the fact that the person may really only like them as a friend, which is a false move seeing as that person believes they should fake feelings and be in a relationship.

Guy2: Will you go out with me?
Girl2: I'm sorry. I just don't like you in that way, you're a friend.

same. never gone from viewing someone in a strictly platonic light to wanting to be in a relationship with them.

to each their own tho

just asked one of my female coworkers her definition of the friendzone

i asked her once someone gets put there, is there any chance they can escape it...she said "no"

just asked one of my female coworkers her definition of the friendzone

i asked her once someone gets put there, is there any chance they can escape it...she said "no"

We've established the shit ain't common mf. Just cause she say no don't mean the whole world agree.

http://fusion.net/study-explains-why-its-so-hard-to-escape-the-friend-zon-1793857410

Study explains why it's so hard to escape the 'friend zone'

But for a group of researchers at Pennsylvania State University and University of Virginia, they wanted a deeper analysis of the transition from friendship to dating. The team recently conducted an entire study on the topic, which focused on high schoolers—the age at which many folks learn about the bitter pill that is unrequited love for the first time.

Their study, published in the Journal of Adolescent Research, looked at longitudinal friendship data for 626 ninth-grade heterosexual dating couples. The researchers believed they would observe one of two trends: Either opposite-sex friends would easily transition from friendship to dating, thanks to their close proximity to one another—or that proximity would actually work against them, and the teens would have to look outside social networks for romance.

Turns out the latter proved to be true. Friends stayed "just friends."

"Less than one-in-ten newly formed dating relationships in the ninth grade were found to be friends at the prior wave," write the authors. For you math nerds, that's less than 10%. Which means if you're pining away for your BFF to become your BF (or GF), there could be a less than 10% chance that will actually happen. Like Ducky in Pretty in Pink, you'll be forced to watch your friend date everyone but you.

:sup:i was wrong. there r studies about this. n they aint aligned with ur findings @Kandy Pants @TheMasterKey

all of the shit we're discussing right now is opinions, anecdotes n perspectives. we rn't talking about the death rate of ants. this can't really be quantified cuz ppl got different ideas of friendship n manners of dating. this is 1 of those times where we're goin by our own experiences n observations. what facts do u speak of?

i interpreted ur post saying "isn't that essentially the same thing? other people's findings" re: studies to mean that u dont see statistics as being more definitive than personal experiences. that isn't twisting shit, that's reaching a conclusion. you never draw conclusions based on shit ppl say? really Goldie?

Wtf are u talkin about? Yall started off by saying it doesn't exist, then found out yall are full of shit and now trying debate whether it's the exception or the rule, but the original debate of it existing or not you're wrong about, plain and simple.

Wtf are u talkin about? Yall started off by saying it doesn't exist, then found out yall are full of shit and now trying debate whether it's the exception or the rule, but the original debate of it existing or not you're wrong about, plain and simple.
Excuse me? Now who is twisting shit. I still don't believe it exists.

and I said as much just a few posts ago.

Don't put words in my mouth.

http://fusion.net/study-explains-why-its-so-hard-to-escape-the-friend-zon-1793857410

Study explains why it's so hard to escape the 'friend zone'

But for a group of researchers at Pennsylvania State University and University of Virginia, they wanted a deeper analysis of the transition from friendship to dating. The team recently conducted an entire study on the topic, which focused on high schoolers—the age at which many folks learn about the bitter pill that is unrequited love for the first time.

Their study, published in the Journal of Adolescent Research, looked at longitudinal friendship data for 626 ninth-grade heterosexual dating couples. The researchers believed they would observe one of two trends: Either opposite-sex friends would easily transition from friendship to dating, thanks to their close proximity to one another—or that proximity would actually work against them, and the teens would have to look outside social networks for romance.

Turns out the latter proved to be true. Friends stayed "just friends."

"Less than one-in-ten newly formed dating relationships in the ninth grade were found to be friends at the prior wave," write the authors. For you math nerds, that's less than 10%. Which means if you're pining away for your BFF to become your BF (or GF), there could be a less than 10% chance that will actually happen. Like Ducky in Pretty in Pink, you'll be forced to watch your friend date everyone but you.

:sup:i was wrong. there r studies about this. n they aint aligned with ur findings @Kandy Pants @TheMasterKey

You said it doesn't exist, so this doesn't align with what YOU think nigga. Stop trying to spin this into something else.

You said it doesn't exist, so this doesn't align with what YOU think nigga. Stop trying to spin this into something else.
Yes, I don't believe it exists. technically, none of this shit aligns with what I think. doesn't mean I'm barred from participating in discussion about it. chill.
How do you know it's the exception not the rule? Have u went out and surveyed people? If so how many to make that kind've statement as if it's fact?
There's numbers to prove that it's the exception, 1 winning ticket out of a million.

Where are your numbers?
u asked for a study with figures showing that it is the exception not the rule to escape the so called friend zone, I linked u 1 supporting that theory. u r welcome.

A handful of 9th graders

tumblr_nqfwall4ED1uvdvd2o1_250.gif

Niggas prolly never even had sex yet and THAT'S what you wanna base your argument on lmaooo

Man yall niggas kill me man

Bruh. I can but.....

IMG_5434.GIF

I CLEARLY said at least three times, the shit ain't common. Secondly, they surveyed some damn children.

A handful of 9th graders

tumblr_nqfwall4ED1uvdvd2o1_250.gif
i cld've sworn u got into a debate with me on BB saying that high school is where niggas have their formative dating experiences, like bein overlooked or mistreated by girls. did that not happen? when I said high school aint a good example, u said that trauma n shit can happen @ that age n influence someone's adult character.

now suddenly high school study samples aint relevant? when i made that argument u swore up n down that it is.

y r u selective boo? "it's only ok when I do it"?

i cld've sworn u got into a debate with me on BB saying that high school is where niggas have their formative dating experiences, like bein overlooked or mistreated by girls. did that not happen? when I said high school aint a good example, u said that trauma n shit can happen @ that age n influence someone's adult character.

now suddenly high school study samples aint relevant? when i made that argument u swore up n down that it is.

y r u selective boo? "it's only ok when I do it"?

apples and oranges

Yall putting way too much thought into this, its obvious that the "friend zone" means something slighty different to everyone, its not a concrete concept.

Some of yall view it as a stage that can potentially lead to an intimate relationship, others view it as a place where chances of moving past friendship are slim to none.

TLDR Lock this shit, its a dead horse

I stopped reading after this. Perfect.

Every other post after this, then yall just arguing just to argue.

Back