Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lets Get Into Meg Thee Stallion..

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
Inspired by Rubato and myself

I’m going to ask the community a series of questions

How powerful is Meg thee Stallion in the rap game?

Where does she rank as far as star power?

Does she have enough clout in the game to try and bully people like Dj Akademiks who has a stronger brand and makes more money than her?

Did you guys like the one album she dropped 2 years ago?

Does she have long lasting staying power?

Is her music Good?

If this Tory Lanez situation ends up backfiring, how much do you think it affects her career?

Her Label situation:

Shes signed to 300 entertainment which was bought by Warner music group

From Wiki:

All of her releases from 1501 Certified are now marketed by 300 Entertainment and distributed by Warner Music Group. In March 2020, several months after she signed a management deal with Roc Nation and was alerted by them to unusual stipulations in her contract, Megan Thee Stallion sued 1501 Certified and Crawford, claiming they were blocking her from releasing music while refusing to renegotiate or terminate a contract she called "entirely unconscionable."[In an interview with Billboard magazine, Crawford denied wrongdoing, insisted the contract was generous for a new musical act, and characterized the lawsuit as an attempt by Roc Nation to intimidate him into renegotiating.

Let’s discuss

I have reached a point in my music listening life where I’m out the loop on most things like this.

But I would say yea, simply because of who she has backing and propping her up.

She has the same fanbase as Beyoncé (aka every woman and gay male)

She obviously not on that level but don’t underestimate the influence that demographic has on the culture compared to straight males

How powerful is Meg thee Stallion in the rap game? scale 1 -10 a strong 6

Where does she rank as far as star power? 1-10 7 she's a very nice looking woman she could slide into acting

Does she have enough clout in the game to try and bully people like Dj Akademiks who has a stronger brand and makes more money than her? no

Did you guys like the one album she dropped 2 years ago? her music isn't for males

Does she have long lasting staying power? absolutely not

Is her music Good? absolutely not

If this Tory Lanez situation ends up backfiring, how much do you think it affects her career? if it comes out she was lying she will be called all types of liars and her "fans and industry" will probably fade

Her Label situation: her deal is wack she has wayyyy too many people in her pockets

How powerful is Meg thee Stallion in the rap game?

Mid…
Where does she rank as far as star power?

Mid…
Does she have enough clout in the game to try and bully people like Dj Akademiks who has a stronger brand and makes more money than her?

It only makes her look bad
Did you guys like the one album she dropped 2 years ago?

No

Does she have long lasting staying power?
Unless she finds a way to change her style, music and brand……NO
Is her music Good?
No….big ol freak is honestly the only song from hers I like…everything else became obnoxious afterwards
If this Tory Lanez situation ends up backfiring, how much do you think it affects her career?
Itll be over…

It’s already slowly dying.

You need diversity to make it in music. I would even say Doja Cat has more talent than most of these MAINSTREAM female rappers. The twerking, strip club shit will only get you so far until people simply remember you as a whore (having to market overtly sexually explicit content in order to be noticed)

She has the same fanbase as Beyoncé (aka every woman and gay male)

She obviously not on that level but don’t underestimate the influence that demographic has on the culture compared to straight males
I know women who don’t like Meg for what it’s worth

literally can’t find one that doesn’t like beyonce

and same fanbase? Nah man completely diff generations and diff content and images as artists

I know women who don’t like Meg for what it’s worth

literally can’t find one that doesn’t like beyonce

and same fanbase? Nah man completely diff generations and diff content and images as artists

Maybe it’s a TX thing but I don’t know a single female loves one but not the other

Ultimately this not really the proper venue for this discussion…like I said, she’s not for us

This is like starting a thread about the legacy of battle rap on LSA lol
She a rapper bro

we have had threads on nicki, cardi, etc so she is not exempt

My wife made me watch a few vids of hers and it’s really just showing ass and twerking with a colorful backdrop but nothing memorable except the most raunchiest of lyrics talking about getting ate out and something something pussy

so I feel em’

Her subject matter is the same as all the rest but I was initially drawn to her flow, I think that sets her apart but she gets repetitive because she keep saying the same shit

If I was to compare Meg’s standing in the game to a male equivalent I would probably say it’s on par with Gunna’s

Back