Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Let’s Build (Vol4): Real N!gga = Street N!gga

To your point I won't say field nigga to Street nigga is a 1 to 1 comparison. There probably wasn't a great amount of violence against each other. I admit the connection to the infighting is harder to make right now. But selling each other out and fucking each other over isn't a new phenomenon either.I still believe the "field nigga mentality" can keep us from education. I still think it keeps us out of the workforce.
But what technically is "field nigga mentality"?

"I'm outside. We outside. We out here gettin it. We ain't the one who forgot we was niggas. We ain't the sellouts lookin down on our own from the white man's cubicles."
Yet using the white mans drugs to poison their own people.
Using the white mans weapons to be outside Incase other “niggas” come up.
And aren’t they looking down on the civil le niggas working ti feed they family but maybe not directly hurting people?
Aren’t they sellouts for doing more damage and making places unlivable for single mothers, children and the elderly?

"I'm outside. We outside. We out here gettin it. We ain't the one who forgot we was niggas. We ain't the sellouts lookin down on our own from the white man's cubicles."
But is that really a field niggas mentality? Or is that street niggas mentality being placed on field niggas... Some who were house niggas sought freedom while some in the field were happy in their state. It wasn't something i think totally linear. We don't really know if house and field niggas were truly divided as many want to believe... at least not on every plantation

But is that really a field niggas mentality? Or is that street niggas mentality being placed on field niggas... Some who were house niggas sought freedom while some in the field were happy in their state. It wasn't something i think totally linear. We don't really know if house and field niggas were truly divided as many want to believe... at least not on every plantation
Another interesting point.

Once they was born into it, did they understand the difference and want better or understood that was “their” place

I think it's street niggas believing they are the field niggas simply because they're "outside". You're right. Obviously there was more to actual field slaves and house slaves. But the idea of being a "field nigga" has been popular since Malcolm X made the speech back in the 60s.

To your point the reality of such things gets lost as time passes but plenty still hold on to that idea of being tough, rebellious and not "selling out" remains subconsciously.

I think it's street niggas believing they are the field niggas simply because they're "outside". You're right. Obviously there was more to actual field slaves and house slaves. But the idea of being a "field nigga" has been popular since Malcolm X made the speech back in the 60s.

To your point the reality of such things gets lost as time passes but plenty still hold on to that idea of being tough, rebellious and not "selling out" remains subconsciously.
And that's where I think Brother Malcolm made that mistake... not really knowing the situation to put that type of division out there

No bullshit, ain't a person on this planet that could convince me to go to a block party in Brooklyn Park. Ain't shit but dirty white people, and drug addicts around there. It's a sad ass community for real

No bullshit, ain't a person on this planet that could convince me to go to a block party in Brooklyn Park. Ain't shit but dirty white people, and drug addicts around there. It's a sad ass community for real
Thought you was the illest nigga in Nebraska tho.

You won’t go round po white folk but bring the smoke for your own Du?

Back