Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s Build (Vol3): We’re The Reason The Ghetto Is The Ghetto

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Aside from varying factors like poor property management, slow to no maintenance and government funding which can all be worked towards through proper channels ( shoutout to sicksixsins). I’m mainly talking about the aesthetics and environment of “the ghetto “.

For example, 2/3 of my mom’s neighborhood are home owners. The other 1/3 of the neighborhood is owned by 1 guy who allows some of his properties to be rented by people on government assistance…

Unfortunately, most of these people are black. So you got 2/3 of the neighborhood with people who make solid money, front lawns all look good, brand new decks with bbq grills, etc.

Then you got the other 1/3… trash all on the front lawn. Beer cans and cigarette buds all over the place, loud music blaring out the window, niggas posted up not doing shit with their life….. typical nigga shit.

Like @Duwop said in the last thread. If we were to build a shopping center there’s a good chance it’ll be dirty and ghetto. Why is this acceptable in our community?

If you're gonna rent out your property to someone, I'ma put that on you as the landlord to ensure that at least the yard is aesthetically pleasing to the rest of the subdivision

I'm not gonna put that on the tenants.

You also need to tell them not to be fixing no cars out in the yard either

If they can't comply with these requests, they don't wanna rent from you

Put it to you like this, let’s say you put some low income housing niggas on some buses and send them out the city to an area where there are beautiful new domiciles that can probably house 1000 people with rent for…$500 a month

13A1A52A-6DC1-4DE8-BCA5-90BF49D37736.jpeg

Letting things naturally happen, what do you think this place looks like in a year?

Put it to you like this, let’s say you put some low income housing niggas on some buses and send them out the city to an area where there are beautiful new domiciles that can probably house 1000 people with rent for…$500 a month

View attachment 1117871

Letting things naturally happen, what do you think this place looks like in a year?

It’ll look like this in 10 years

IMG_6587.jpeg

Niggas are complacent with mediocrity. It’s become the norm within our community.

My mom recently became the president of the board that makes the decisions for the neighborhood. So I’m seeing this shit first hand. They recently made a decision to increase the monthly fee by $50 to put towards building a new pool and some other shit. My mom had to go around and collect enough signatures from the home owners to sign off on it…

Ofc it was the niggas like:

“Fuck that pool”

IMG_6588.gif

I’ve seen a lot of neighborhoods go down due to rent houses. Sadly, a lot of them come into these nice houses and that’s where it stops. Yes, the landlord could be responsible for the lawn but if he ain’t, why the hell the tenants can’t cut it.

Blinds be all fucked up. Cars parked on the grass. Just ghetto.

I think if you're ignoring societal factors that contribute to not only the mindsets but the literal physical conditions of some of these neighborhoods and just want to blame it on nigga shit then you're missing a huge part of the picture and the problem you're looking to solve will never be fixed.

Aside from varying factors like poor property management, slow to no maintenance and government funding which can all be worked towards through proper channels ( shoutout to sicksixsins). I’m mainly talking about the aesthetics and environment of “the ghetto “.

For example, 2/3 of my mom’s neighborhood are home owners. The other 1/3 of the neighborhood is owned by 1 guy who allows some of his properties to be rented by people on government assistance…

Unfortunately, most of these people are black. So you got 2/3 of the neighborhood with people who make solid money, front lawns all look good, brand new decks with bbq grills, etc.

Then you got the other 1/3… trash all on the front lawn. Beer cans and cigarette buds all over the place, loud music blaring out the window, niggas posted up not doing shit with their life….. typical nigga shit.

Like @Duwop said in the last thread. If we were to build a shopping center there’s a good chance it’ll be dirty and ghetto. Why is this acceptable in our community?
I'mma put this on the slum lord. He doesnt car so you can bet the tenants dont care.

Back when i was a teen we had something like this happen. It wasnt secton 8, but this quiet older spanish lady rented this town house in our community after the owners moved to another spot. Then she had her ratchet nieces and nephews or grand kids (im not sure which, i didnt bother to try and connect with them) come up from Miami to stay with her. Immediately its constant noise and screaming. Getting into fights with other kids from the neighbourhood. Then lastly, my car got broken into and my distributor was stolen, and im 100% positive it was them and their homie. Cuz 1 day i was leaving as one of them was coming in and their friend drove the same car as me and was staring a lil too hard.

After that, that lady was told she had to go. Her fam she tried to help out got her kicked right the fuck out and it solved the issue.

I think if you're ignoring societal factors that contribute to not only the mindsets but the literal physical conditions of some of these neighborhoods and just want to blame it on nigga shit then you're missing a huge part of the picture and the problem you're looking to solve will never be fixed.

What’s the factors?

In the example I presented, 2/3 of the homes are all well kept, why is it when niggas move into the same neighborhood their shit has trash all over the front lawn?

Back