Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Lauryn Hill

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i took a page out of Du's book and went to wiki...they had 19

18 songs that most came from her (wiki had two songs listed twice) and most were from her debut album, a couple from Unplugged

All Falls Down
All That I Can Say
Be Careful (Cardi B song)
Doo Wop (That Thing)
Everything Is Everything (Lauryn Hill song)
Ex-Factor
Fu-Gee-La
Lose Myself
Lost Ones (Lauren Hill song)
Lost Ones (Lauryn Hill song)
Nappy Heads
Neurotic Society (Compulsory Mix)
Nice for What
Ready or Not (Fugees song)
Repercussions
A Rose Is Still a Rose (song)
So High (John Legend song)
To Zion
Vocab (song)

Missy...according to Wiki (du's folks) has been credited with 101 songs. I think its more but yeah

Missy has written for:
Mariah Carey
Aaliyah
Total
Beyonce
Monica
Mya
Fantasia
Ciera
Jazmine Sullivan
Destiny's Child
Whitney Houston
Ginuwine
Tweet
Janet Jackson

and thats just the stuff for other people
The Dream wrote a lot of shit too. Don’t make him a legend. He the shit tho but he ain’t a legend.

I love Missy don’t get me wrong. I believe she is legendary also but she ain’t better than mfn Lauryn Hill.

The Dream wrote a lot of shit too. Don’t make him a legend. He the shit tho but he ain’t a legend.

I love Missy don’t get me wrong. I believe she is legendary also but she ain’t better than mfn Lauryn Hill.
i agree Dream is not a legend....YET

he still has time to make up for his projects after the love series

but...i think nostalgia is influencing your decision

This a tough one, she's pretty damn good but most of her content is with a group. I can't vote legend and she was one and done after her first solo project and hasn't done shit in 20 years so she's not a vet either.

Is 3K a legend?

c6f.gif

Lauryn Hill is the holy grail of black women in music.

I know it's difficult to see because she's still alive and touring, but when she dies, her name will be up alongside Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Lena Horne, and the great Mahalia Jackson.

There isn't one female rapper or female fan of hip hop who doesn't carry the influence of Lauryn Hill. They all bow down to her. Beyond that, the only men who deny her legendary status are the same ones who make arbitrary rules that they don't hold male emcees to i.e. number of albums and time spent singing versus rapping.

I got time today for the bullshit cause the only rapper I put above Hill on my GOAT list is Pac and Jay is a close third.

Lauryn Hill is the holy grail of black women in music.

I know it's difficult to see because she's still alive and touring, but when she dies, her name will be up alongside Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Lena Horne, and the great Mahalia Jackson.

There isn't one female rapper or female fan of hip hop who doesn't carry the influence of Lauryn Hill. They all bow down to her. Beyond that, the only men who deny her legendary status are the same ones who make arbitrary rules that they don't hold male emcees to i.e. number of albums and time spent singing versus rapping.

I got time today for the bullshit cause the only rapper I put above Hill on my GOAT list is Pac and Jay is a close third.
Let the record show, I agree up to the strike thru

This shit is crazy, I definitely would have thought L Boogie would have been voted a legend unanimously by ABW. This woman dropped one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

lauryn-hill.jpg

Five Grammies off one album. THE FIRST WOMAN EVER TO WIN THAT MANY IN ONE NIGHT. THE FIRST HIP HOP ALBUM TO WIN ALBUM OF THE YEAR!! LEGEND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back