Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Lauryn Hill

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Does it matter? She's still gonna go down as the greatest, top 2/3 for the naysayers. Again, too short won't even be top 300 when it's all said and done.

Yall pick weird hills to die on.
it matters b/c you are holding her to a different standard

you are saying she is the best female rapper ever among a handful of female artists

nobody claimed short dogg was the best rapper, but you cannot deny his influence and impact to rap, which for me, puts him in the legend discussion, but you are saying he's not not even top 300 ( i know you just pulled the number out of thin air for effect)

but there is nothing wrong with her being a vet, she just not a legend.

it matters b/c you are holding her to a different standard

you are saying she is the best female rapper ever among a handful of female artists

nobody claimed short dogg was the best rapper, but you cannot deny his influence and impact to rap, which for me, puts him in the legend discussion, but you are saying he's not not even top 300 ( i know you just pulled the number out of thin air for effect)

but there is nothing wrong with her being a vet, she just not a legend.

Bruh, laila ali is already a legend, is she as good as her dad, foreman, etc?No. Is there many more male boxers? yes. WTF does that gotta do with the fact that she's a legend?

Until yall come with better arguments that actually make sense, I'm done.

Consensus

not sure if you're saying my opinion is common.....cuz I dont think it is

or if thats what you judge by....the common consensus...which is another topic within itself when it comes to hip hop sales and popularity

Bruh, laila ali is already a legend, is she as good as her dad, foreman, etc?No. Is there many more male boxers? yes. WTF does that gotta do with the fact that she's a legend?

not you bro lmao

this is essentially the "thats a foul or im taking my ball home" move

dont do it!!!!!

gotta go down swingin

~cracks knuckles~

Laila Ali is a legend b/c she beat any and every opponent they threw at her so much so that she got bored b/c nobody else wanted to fight her, then retired

she didnt win 2 fights, retire, and was on some "im the best to ever do it" shit

her father, until he started having issues commonly associated with fighters who took a ton of damage to the head, beat some of the most notable boxing names in the sport and had classic fights of his own

Im not comparing the two b/c they can both be great and be legends in their respective fields

You trying to say Hill is the arguably one of the best female emcees based on really one solo project. So, if rapsody continues her ascent, do you you think she will ever surpass Hill?

try again

~cracks knuckles~

Laila Ali is a legend b/c she beat any and every opponent they threw at her so much so that she got bored b/c nobody else wanted to fight her, then retired

she didnt win 2 fights, retire, and was on some "im the best to ever do it" shit

her father, until he started having issues commonly associated with fighters who took a ton of damage to the head, beat some of the most notable boxing names in the sport and had classic fights of his own

Im not comparing the two b/c they can both be great and be legends in their respective fields

You trying to say Hill is the arguably one of the best female emcees based on really one solo project. So, if rapsody continues her ascent, do you you think she will ever surpass Hill?

try again

This is the type of shit i be talkin about lol So by your logic, 1 fight = 1 album. So to be mayweather status a nigga needs 50 albums?

This why i be fallin back, if you're gonna debate, atleast make sure your arguments make sense.

Goldie might be right. I think im going with legend. She's an Icon, one of the greats female MC's and can sang. MC Lyte and her should be the only female MC's to get in imo.

there you go Goldie....Chi got your back....she's my favorite female rapper and I didnt even know

out of female rappers, I'll admit I only listened to the southern/hood ones like that

Mia X, Gangsta Boo, La Chat, Chyna White, etc......none as skilled lyrically as Lauren and I know this.....just didnt bump that shit

her shit dropped in 98.....waaaaaaay too much big shit happening in our region at the time to wanna hear that....like I said my auntie and sister was on that.....both older and pretty clean, positive people

I probably would have appreciated her more if I was older to hear her message....or had kids already or something

so mars you was really just posted up bumpin MC Lyte huh?

aint you like 28-29?

This is the type of shit i be talkin about lol So by your logic, 1 fight = 1 album. So to be mayweather status a nigga needs 50 albums?

This why i be fallin back, if you're gonna debate, atleast make sure your arguments make sense.

No, stop trying to reduce my comments to shit that dont make sense b/c im poking holes in your logic

Mayweather is a legend b/c he retired undefeated. He fought across different weight classes, etc...

Lauryn aint no legend from one album brah

i voted legend....

even though she still alive... witnessing her in her prime is almost like talking about a myth......

like if you were into music in the late 90's i feel for you....

like a lotta shit that get overhyped today doesn't live up to it...

L boogie 98 99 lived up tot he hype......

miseducation was a perfect album in ever sense of the word.....shit was scary good....

like she was so good then, even she couldn't live up to it.....

No, stop trying to reduce my comments to shit that dont make sense b/c im poking holes in your logic

Mayweather is a legend b/c he retired undefeated. He fought across different weight classes, etc...

Lauryn aint no legend from one album brah

She has more than 1 album, she's been part of 2 of the biggest albums of alltime in any genre. She outshined men on tracks pretty much everytime she was on the mic. I'm not about to give a class on lauryn hill and say shit that should already be known fam.

Ah man, say man. She can rap her ass off. I dont listen to her often but she's the only other female MC I've went back to check out. That's a legend no questions.

to Ohmars point, Biggie was killed, and put out exceptional music while he was here to cement his place in hip hop

she chose on her own to leave
Being dead doesnt stop the fact that they have a similar career. Choosing to stop dosent sully shit for me. She is the top of the female class, and if the top female MC cant get a legend stamp from you, maybe there is something deeper
#APHatesWomen

yeah I missed all that lol

I got 2 albums to revisit this weekend and catch up on the greatness of all time, in any genre

*k dot voice*

WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back