Poll Legend or Vet: Lauryn Hill

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
broddie just posted what i was thinking

one group album - arguably a classic

one solo album (i dont count unplugged) - arguably a classic

but what else has she done to move the culture forward?

I would argue Missy is more of a legend than Lauryn at this point

Its a certified classic she still sell out shows even while being mad late. People love that album forever. Too Short nor Ice T is even close.

Last edited:
If 11 niggas on here think that shit

Might as well shut down the whole site. Shit is a lost cause.
Man.....somethings about this game shouldn’t arguable

Nas, Jay, Big, and Pac should be in everyone top 5. Maybe not all 4 but at least 1 of them

OutKast is top 2 greatest duo/groups ever

Lil Wayne birthed a generation, for good or bad, and should be respected as such

Lauryn Hill, at this point in the game, is the single greatest lyricist and Hip-Hop/R&B Artist combo we’ve seen. No male or female did what she did as good as she did.

Like, this shit shouldn’t even be up for debate

This shit is crazy, I definitely would have thought L Boogie would have been voted a legend unanimously by ABW. This woman dropped one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

View attachment 52939

Five Grammies off one album. THE FIRST WOMAN EVER TO WIN THAT MANY IN ONE NIGHT. THE FIRST HIP HOP ALBUM TO WIN ALBUM OF THE YEAR!! LEGEND!!!

I didnt even know all that and knew she was a legend.

You niggas just voting off name recognition and what could have been, she stopped herself from being a legend. One album doesn't put you into legendary status.

Wyclef is more of a legend than Lauryn is

I won't even dignify a response to that silly Lauryn over BIG remark

Lauryn Hill is the holy grail of black women in music.

I know it's difficult to see because she's still alive and touring, but when she dies, her name will be up alongside Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Lena Horne, and the great Mahalia Jackson.

There isn't one female rapper or female fan of hip hop who doesn't carry the influence of Lauryn Hill. They all bow down to her. Beyond that, the only men who deny her legendary status are the same ones who make arbitrary rules that they don't hold male emcees to i.e. number of albums and time spent singing versus rapping.

I got time today for the bullshit cause the only rapper I put above Hill on my GOAT list is Pac and Jay is a close third.

Her solo album is like 90% R&B so she's not ahead of Missy, Kim, Lyte, Latifah,. She sure as hell not ahead of BIG, Nas and a bunch of other dudes.

August this year TMOLH will turn twenty years old... I hope I remember to make an anniversary thread

I was old enough to remember when it dropped and the 'Doo Wop' video with the divided screens (dope) and the quality of the album shone through... I wasn't bothered by award recognition and all that

Listening as I got older I realised the album was about heartbreak... Literally

The classroom interludes discussing 'Love' as a topic with Lauryn absent from class was genius

Its a beautiful album and encompasses every Black musical genre effortlessly...

My favourite track on there is 'Nothing Even Matters' with D'Angelo

Yeah for this album alone despite all the travails she been through... Legendary

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill World Tour 2018:

07-05 Virginia Beach, VA – Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater (with ASAP Rocky, Jo Mersa Marley)
07-08 Bristow, VA – Jiffy Lube Live (with ASAP Rocky, Jo Mersa Marley)
07-11 Boston, MA – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion (with M.I.A., Busta Rhymes, Jo Mersa Marley)
07-13 Philadelphia, PA – Festival Pier (with M.I.A., Busta Rhymes, Tierra Whack, Jo Mersa Marley)
07-15 Wantagh, NY – Northwell Health at Jones Beach (with M.I.A., Busta Rhymes, Jo Mersa Marley)
07-18 Toronto, Ontario – Budweiser Stage (with Santigold, Busta Rhymes, Dave East,Tierra Whack)
07-20 Sterling Heights, MI – Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill (with Santigold, Busta Rhymes, Dave East, Bambaata Marley)
07-22 Chicago, IL – Pitchfork Music Festival
07-25 Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre (with Big Boi, Bambaata Marley, Raury)
07-26 Raleigh, NC – Red Hat Amphitheater (with Big Boi, Bambaata Marley, Raury)
07-29 St. Petersburg, FL – Al Lang Stadium (with Big Boi, Dave East, Bambaata Marley)
07-31 Miami, FL – Bayfront Park Amphitheater (with Big Boi, De La Soul, Dave East, Bambaata Marley)
08-02 Jacksonville, FL – Daily’s Place (with Big Boi, Dave East, Bambaata Marley)
08-03 Atlanta, GA – State Bank Amphitheatre (with Big Boi, De La Soul, Victory)
08-05 Nashville, TN – Nashville Municipal Auditorium (with Big Boi, Dave East, Victory)
08-08 Holmdel, NJ – PNC Bank Arts Center (with Nas, Santigold, Victory)
09-07 Las Vegas, NV – The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas (with Nas, Protoje, Iman Omari)
09-09 San Diego, CA – Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre (with Kelela, Protoje, Iman Omari)
09-12 Portland, OR – Veterans Memorial Coliseum (with Nas, Santigold, Iman Omari)
09-14 Burnaby, British Columbia – Deer Lake Park (with Santigold, De La Soul, Iman Omari)
09-15 Kent, WA – ShoWare Center (with Santigold, De La Soul, Shabazz Palaces)
09-18 Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl (with Dave Chappelle, De La Soul)
09-20 Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre (with SZA, De La Soul, Shabazz Palaces)
09-22 Phoenix, AZ – Comerica Theatre (with Santigold, Mr. Eazi, Tierra Whack)
09-24 Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheatre (with Nas, Talib Kwell, Tierra Whack)
09-26 Morrison, CO – Red Rock Amphitheatre (with Santigold, Talib Kwell, Shabazz Palaces)
09-29 Sugar Land, TX – Smart Financial Centre (with Patoranking, Shabazz Palaces)
09-30 Irving, TX – The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory (with Patoranking, Shabazz Palaces)
10-03 New Orleans, LA – UNO Lakefront Arena (with Nas, Patoranking, Shabazz Palaces)
10-05 St. Louis, MO – Chaifetz Arena (with Nas, Patoranking, Shabazz Palaces)

Bruh, laila ali is already a legend, is she as good as her dad, foreman, etc?No. Is there many more male boxers? yes. WTF does that gotta do with the fact that she's a legend?

Until yall come with better arguments that actually make sense, I'm done.

She shouldn't be a legend though. If her father wasn't Muhammad Ali she wouldn't have even gotten 25% of the publicity and recognition that she got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back