Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legend or Vet: Juvenile

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Well Joe Budden created a lane for himself beyond record labels, which I guess makes him a Pioneer. I can't think of anybody else offhand that created a lane for himself the way Joe Budden did.

How about Naughty By Nature? They were hot in the early to mid 90s, but they didn't even last 10 years. Or if they did, they didn't get as much shine as when they came out with O.P.P.

Master P is a pioneer because of what he did with No Limit, but what about Silk The Shocker? Silk had a big hit with It Ain't My Fault and he was also on some other No Limit albums, but he was really only hot for two or three years.

Then we have the one hit wonders. Mims fits the description of a one hit wonder because besides This Is Why I'm Hot, I doubt if anybody on ABW could name another song by Mims.

1. Pioneer
2. Legend
3. Veteran
4. ???
5. One Hit Wonder

This is all starting to make sense to me.
we talking about rap tho

as an emcee, joe has a cult following but not revered by the masses in any way dealing with music

Joe has a BUNCH of songs that are my personal favorites but you would be hard pressed to find 10 people that know him outside of pump it up or love and hip hop

50 Cent
Ice T ........................................... smh
Too Short........................................................ smh
Lauryn Hill
DMX
Prodigy
E-40....................................
Lil Wayne
Gucci Mane....
MC Hammer , smh/lol
Lil Jon...
Q-Tip
Andre 3000
Big Pun
Black Thought.....
Uncle Luke..............
Slick Rick
Common
Queen Latifah
Redman
T.I

Does anybody on this list have an album better than Solja Rags or 400 Degrees??

Not even Wayne got an album better than 400 degrees, maybe, maybe Carter 1 or 2 comes close and I'll still roll with 400 degrees over both Carters, hell the whole Carter series, he's the only one I can say and Juvie can't be listed in the list of Legends, come on mane

50 Cent
Ice T ........................................... smh
Too Short........................................................ smh
Lauryn Hill
DMX
Prodigy
E-40....................................
Lil Wayne
Gucci Mane....
MC Hammer , smh/lol
Lil Jon...
Q-Tip
Andre 3000
Big Pun
Black Thought.....
Uncle Luke..............
Slick Rick
Common
Queen Latifah
Redman
T.I

Does anybody on this list have an album better than Solja Rags or 400 Degrees??

Not even Wayne got an album better than 400 degrees, maybe, maybe Carter 1 or 2 comes close and I'll still roll with 400 degrees over both Carters, hell the whole Carter series, he's the only one I can say and Juvie can't be listed in the list of Legends, come on mane

Wayne has multiple Albums better than 400 and I love 400.

Shit Wayne on like 6 tracks on 400 where he outshine Juve

Wayne has multiple Albums better than 400 and I love 400.

Shit Wayne on like 6 tracks on 400 where he outshine Juve

Name them?

And was that the narrative in 98-99, folks saying that Wayne outshined Juvie on his on records, because I don't recall that ever being said, that Wayne out-shine Juvie on 6 songs.

Wayne wasn't even the best hot boy in 98 but he out-shined Juvie on 400 degrees on 6 tracks?? Name them

Last edited:
Name them?

And was that the narrative in 98-99, folks saying that Wayne outshined Juvie on his on records, because I don't recall that every being said, that Wayne out-shine Juvie on 6 songs.

Wayne wasn't even the best hot boy in 98 but he out-shined Juvie on 400 degrees on 6 tracks?? Name them

I always liked Wayne the most in CMR from day 0. Thats just me.

Back