Legend or Vet: Common

• Legend

• Vet

Results are only viewable after voting.
And as one of the few rappers who was really gangbanging

We should appreciate the fact that he decided to be positive

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
That album Be, when it first came out I remember I went to New Jersey and I was hanging out in Six Flags, I had such a great time listening to it cuz that was shortly after my pops passed and i remember vibing out to it on my CD Player. Such a well produced album and I donā€™t think many rappers comparatively are able to make such a good album. It represents rap music at its core.

Like thereā€™s this video on Twitter I saw and itā€™s a bunch of indian men huddled together and one is rapping and theyā€™re mocking the movements of black men. Like using our physical charisma to add to the moment to make it cooler, and thatā€™s what albums like this, to me, do for our cultural identity. Itā€™s a soulful album. Which these people canā€™t really duplicate. Like when they try to sound cool on wax, itā€™s like ehhhh. You donā€™t got it.

Songs like The Corner, Love Is, Testify or even The Food when it premiered on The Chappelle Show. Such a great album. That alone is why I consider him legend.

In 2005 Common had a legit claim at being the best rapper that year. Heā€™s got two classics IMO (Resurrection & Be) & a slew of good albums. Legend.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Back