Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Common

Legend or Vet: Common

• Legend

• Vet

Results are only viewable after voting.
im just tryna see how we determining who a legend and who aint
@Goldie asked has common at any point in his career ever been considered the best rapper in a year?

If you can answer yes, you need to see who else released a project that year and go from there.

@Goldie asked has common at any point in his career ever been considered the best rapper in a year?

If you can answer yes, you need to see who else released a project that year and go from there.

thats what defines what a legend is to yall? I dont think I like that metric.

But if thats what yall are going by I cant confidently say Common is a legend.

Personally tho... he for sure is just based offa having one of the greatest storytelling tracks in hip hop of all time amongst other things

Personally tho... he for sure is just based offa having one of the greatest storytelling tracks in hip hop of all time amongst other things
Bro he is legend don’t let these niggas give you a headaches over this

I said start here. I didn't say it was the end all be all.

But you can make a compelling argument that if at no point during his peak, he was considered the best rapper at any point, then how can he be legendary

But at the same time, I can apply this to someone like e-40, and he's clearly a legend but was never the best rapper at any year in his career

I don't know. To me, to be a Legend you have to have made a real splash in the game. You can't have just made good music. You had to make good music and at some point been heavily influential or recognizable.

Common is recognizable, but I don't know that it was always because of his music. He has some good music here and there, but at any given time people might have recognized him more for some movie he was in or who he happened to be dating than his music.

I don't know. To me, to be a Legend you have to have made a real splash in the game. You can't have just made good music. You had to make good music and at some point been heavily influential or recognizable.

Common is recognizable, but I don't know that it was always because of his music. He has some good music here and there, but at any given time people might have recognized him more for some movie he was in or who he happened to be dating than his music.
If not now in a couple years people will be calling the migoes legends, yet y'all in here needing to be convinced about Common 😂

If not now in a couple years people will be calling the migoes legends, yet y'all in here needing to be convinced about Common 😂

What people? I'm pretty sure the people who are saying Common isn't a legend (myself included) won't be saying that Migos are legends.

What people? I'm pretty sure the people who are saying Common isn't a legend (myself included) won't be saying that Migos are legends.
Yea but you already indirectly said they were.
By your criteria, only thing is you personally might not like their music
Everything else screams @The Lonious Monk thinks the migos are legends

Yea but you already indirectly said they were.

By your criteria, only thing is you personally might not like their music
Everything else screams @The Lonious Monk thinks the migos are legends

lol The bold is important though. By my criteria, you're not even in the discussion if you don't make good music. Common has I used to Love Her. If the Migos put every bit of creative skill they could muster now and forever into one song, they still wouldn't be able to come up with something that good. So no, the Migos are not legends and will never be by my criteria.

So no, the Migos are not legends and will never be by my criteria.
Disagree, you already called them that.
You keep arguing this point with me I'ma make the thread:

The Lonious Monk thinks the migos are legends, convince him otherwise.

Disagree, you already called them that.
You keep arguing this point with me I'ma make the thread:

The Lonious Monk thinks the migos are legends, convince him otherwise.

If you want to waste your time being an idiot, go for it, but the Migos aren't legends. You know that and so do I, so I'm not sure what we're doing here.

Back