Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Black Thought

Legend or Vet

• Total voters
I always ask ppl out in the *real world* these types of questions and the general consensus is Black thought is a legend. Some niggas said hes not a legend because they couldnt recite 3 verses from him which is dumb ass hell because I cant spit 3 rakim verses off the top of my head but the man is still a legend.

anywho, fuck the criteria and the comparisons. The majority of niggas gon say hes a legend, word to the polls, and thats what matters.

I dont care about how someone feels about it. the general consensus is what matters.

Wrap this shit up

View attachment 236787

Loved every post you made in here, get on your Rakim though

Shit killing me.

Fam just notice you aint debating me no more, you debating actual numbers.

Lets call it man. Good scrap. Shit went 12 rounds. Ima say I beat you 11 out of 12 of them. You got me with the new Jada single even though his shit wont be remembered after this promotion push.

I posted real #s. You're talkin about 1 platform of mfs playing music from the 90s. From billboard, to album sales, to hit records, jada has more, yall really wanna talk #s?

Fuck it, lets talk #s. BT's last album sold 9k copies. Nobody's listening to that shit. Those are real #s.

Jada has sold more albums. Check
Made more hit records, check
More classic records , check
more classic moments, check.

"he was a leader of a band!!" foh

I always ask ppl out in the *real world* these types of questions and the general consensus is Black thought is a legend. Some niggas said hes not a legend because they couldnt recite 3 verses from him which is dumb ass hell because I cant spit 3 rakim verses off the top of my head but the man is still a legend.

anywho, fuck the criteria and the comparisons. The majority of niggas gon say hes a legend, word to the polls, and thats what matters.

I dont care about how someone else feels about it. the general consensus is what matters.

Wrap this shit up

View attachment 236787
After that JD nonsense your hip hop takes shouldn't be taken serious, you're on starbucks status out here

Last edited:
You can always tell who doesn't know shit about hiphop lol I still entertain mfs for shits and giggles tho

Eh idk how we're comparing The Roots numbers as a group to an individual rapper.

How's that make any sense?

Only time ima answer this.

Word to @Goldie saying people dont know.

The roots got 1 rapper. All roots albums are BT albums. Unless you saying people listen to the roots for the guitarist or basist.

This is like saying how can you credit Takeover to Jay when Kanye produced it.

The Roots is BT as the rapper, and questlove as the producer. Everyone else just plays instruments.

I posted real #s. You're talkin about 1 platform of mfs playing music from the 90s. From billboard, to album sales, to hit records, jada has more, yall really wanna talk #s?

Fuck it, lets talk #s. BT's last album sold 9k copies. Nobody's listening to that shit. Those are real #s.

Jada has sold more albums. Check
Made more hit records, check
More classic records , check
more classic moments, check.

"he was a leader of a band!!" foh

It's not just a band tho'. The Roots is THE band. Are Lox even top five rap groups?

The roots got 1 rapper. All roots albums are BT albums. Unless you saying people listen to the roots for the guitarist or basist.

The Roots is BT as the rapper, and questlove as the producer. Everyone else just plays instruments.

Here you niggas go again trying to change definitions and rules for mfs. The Roots is a group. Period.

The question is if BT is a legend, not The Roots

Cmon fam

The Roots have a 'sound' that ppl look for when they listen. It's more than just BT.

How questlove get so popular? Bc BT bars that dope??

We cant act like the Roots as a group doesn't add to BT's number solo

That's not being honest in this discussion

Back