Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Black Thought

Legend or Vet

• Total voters
Yall gotta stop with this "all legends aren't made the same" bullshit. That's just a way for yall to give mfs a pass for shit.

Red is easily recognizable, off How High alone, if not anything else.

Will the avg person know who George Mikan is? Nah, cuz that's a different era. But everybody who lived in that era would know who he is. Everybody in this era knows who Redman is. A lot of people in this era will not know who BT is.

But a MF that's on TV every night, isn't......:wdf5:

That's exhibit fuckn A why I said what I said

But a MF that's on TV every night, isn't......:wdf5:

That's exhibit fuckn A why I said what I said

That's like saying this nigga is well known

giphy.gif

Yall niggas reaching for anything at this point

lol I'm known as a Redman hater on here. I'm just impartial, Redman is well known, same as Meth.

Fam I fought mfers in college, 10 years ago, in JERSEY that didnt know Redman from anywhere but how high and thought he was just a clown and a parody.

And now you saying Redman is recognizable to the youth outside the tristate 10 years later.

You not keeping it honest. I love Red. Im the one being impartial.

BT got more views on any platform than Red. Statiscally proven that BT is listened to more this day than Redman. We can pull up numbers.

No way Red is more recognizable to anyone outside his era.

you recognize redman the second you hear him...

it's like jay-z and that nigga that sound like jay-z

the nigga nice, but he ain't jay=z nce.. so you hear the voice and think it might be him, then you hear the words, and you like naw...

legends you know when you hearing them.....there's legends i don't even like that i would never mistake...

if i heard krs-1 on a track i never heard before in my life... and didn't even know krs-1 fcked with te people. i would recognize him immediately, and i haven't even heard close to all his material cuz i flat out don't like him.. but i know him when i hear him

No way Red is more recognizable to anyone outside his era.

I JUST addressed this lol

Will NBA fans from this era recognize George Mikan? Fuck no. BUt everybody in Mikan's era would. Same with Red. A lot of niggas in BT's era do not know who df BT is. Multiple niggas in THIS thread said they don't know this nigga's work lol

Jada is on slew of the greatest hiphop records of alltime. I made a list yesterday and I aint even mention songs like All About THe Benjamins. It's not even close.

you could put a track on with 4 rappers from jersey who rap like redman, and a young redman on the same track, and i'm sure 90%+ of hip hop fans can point out red's verse

you recognize redman the second you hear him...

it's like jay-z and that nigga that sound like jay-z

the nigga nice, but he ain't jay=z nce.. so you hear the voice and think it might be him, then you hear the words, and you like naw...

legends you know when you hearing them.....there's legends i don't even like that i would never mistake...

if i heard krs-1 on a track i never heard before in my life... and didn't even know krs-1 fcked with te people. i would recognize him immediately, and i haven't even heard close to all his material cuz i flat out don't like him.. but i know him when i hear him

Come on fam. Seperate who you would recognize and who people will recognize. 2 different things.

Yall not being honest man.

At this point is we trying to have an unbiased conclusion to this or trying to prove our own point cause we cant take Ls? Cause I could do either.

Im bout to start lyin and say I heard a mfer blasting the roots in the parking lot last night in NC

i was high off my ass once and this song came on

i legit forgot red and pac did a song together, it wasn't until i heard red spitting did i even remember he was on this shit....and again... voice, flow, bars...unmistakable

i should do a who kilt it on this one....pac meth and red went in

Will NBA fans from this era recognize George Mikan? Fuck no. BUt everybody in Mikan's era would. Same with Red. A lot of niggas in BT's era do not know who df BT is. Multiple niggas in THIS thread said they don't know this nigga's work lol

Jada is on slew of the greatest hiphop records of alltime. I made a list yesterday and I aint even mention songs like All About THe Benjamins. It's not even close.

:hahaha: ... Now it's what niggas have to say on THIS website.

Come on fam. Seperate who you would recognize and who people will recognize. 2 different things.

Yall not being honest man.

At this point is we trying to have an unbiased conclusion to this or trying to prove our own point cause we cant take Ls? Cause I could do either.

Im bout to start lyin and say I heard a mfer blasting the roots in the parking lot last night in NC
bruh, my wife hates rap and knows who redman is and not black thought

None of this makes any sense.

For all the mfers that said they wouldnt recognize BT, the majority of mfers here said they would, most called him dope, and 33 voted legend.

Not to mention, real life statiscal numbers show that the Roots get more play today than Redman and Jada (who are both legends, Red more than Jada).

Ontop of statistics from today, The roots have a platinum album, multiple gold albums, a grammy, the list goes on.

But yall got it cause yall not trying to be proven wrong and been debating facts at this point.

Back