Welcome To aBlackWeb

Leader of the Household, Man or Woman?

Who Should Lead The Household?

• Total voters
i'ma try to keep it simple

but my thoughts are probably aligned with 50/50

I think there are things where both people are equally qualified to take the lead depending on the situation, however, it takes both of them to humble themselves and put their ego in the closets and understand that just b/c your s/o is "better" at this one thing does not mean you are the lesser of the two in the relationship.

i'm reading some of these responses though, and i have a question. So a man is "weak" if he defers to the female in certain situations?

i'ma try to keep it simple

but my thoughts are probably aligned with 50/50

I think there are things where both people are equally qualified to take the lead depending on the situation, however, it takes both of them to humble themselves and put their ego in the closets and understand that just b/c your s/o is "better" at this one thing does not mean you are the lesser of the two in the relationship.

i'm reading some of these responses though, and i have a question. So a man is "weak" if he defers to the female in certain situations?

Depends on the situation. Sometimes and im learning this you gonna consult with others but still have to know whats best for you.

Depends on the situation. Sometimes and im learning this you gonna consult with others but still have to know whats best for you.
absolutely

i wanna get down to the bottom of this "i dont like weak men" pov

what defines a weak man given the dynamics in the situation?

The man SHOULD be the leader in the relationship, but in order for that to work the woman has to submit to, and trust that man's leadership.

That means the man has to have shown good leadership and decision making skills
a chick needs to know what good decisions look like.

Good thread,

Where are we leading our family too as being a leader? 50/50 is what I'm leaning on in 2018.

Does being a leader require leader qualities to plan a vacation trip?

Does being a leader require leader qualities to install new kitchen cabinets or an outside deck/patio?

Does being a leader require leader qualities to grow a flower bed?

Does being a leader require leader qualities to pick a child's school?

I just want to ask, what and where is this leader, leading the family too?

50/50 imo, both people in the relationship have qualities that one may be weak in. Everybody not strong in everything. I ain't leading nobody, but you're welcome to add on and follow me and my ideas and motivation.

Let me get that income tax refund and flip it.

Related video. Relevant part starts around 4:30

Yes it's Steve Harvey but he's speaking for the "traditional" setups

The man should lead and no its not always about financially

at the same time every man just cant expect every type of woman to "submit" the same way......some women are bosses in their own right and may not have time for the conventional house wife shit if she works just as much as you and makes the same or more

I "lead" as in every decision comes thru me and I have the final word, which isnt abused at all, and I provide (though not solely) and protect

but at the same time I aint "running" shit......she's the math wizard so she works the finances....I honestly have to ask what is drawn from which bank sometimes

and she gets the act right out the kids.....I could yell all I want and they dont jump like they do when mama looks at em lmao

its about as 50/50 as could be with everything else really

As manly man as I am, I grew up without a car in the house..

My wife grew up in a house FULL of mechanics...

Now of course I'll change the tires and pump the gas.... But if I gotta pop that hood...
"riight"

Yea, what ever she says goes....I question nothing

shit is like that sometimes

like somebody said here, as long as each side is making the most of their personal strengths I think it balances out

Meh...I feel the man should be it...but I'm actually 50/50.

We both share the household and everything in it. If I fall, I know she'll be there to pick up the slack and keep going, and vice versa.

My dad was the breadwinner, but my mama held the household down while he worked. It' a partnership. I feel one person shouldn't have to be the sole person to carry that load imo.

Based on the poll, most people still feel the man should lead the household. I'm surprised.

A man doesnt need to be the sole leader in the relationship. sorry
thats such a biblical way of thinking

leaders are prone to error all the time.
relationships are about a partnership.

who has the best skill set to make certain decisions?

Im terrible with money (my spending habits are outrageous) so maybe a man that can help me manange my money responsibly can take the lead when it comes to bills

but lets say he doesnt really know how to navigate other areas of our relationship/daily lives but I do,

ill take the leadership in that.

This isnt really either or...

Im a very submissive woman (I know shocker) and of course I want to look to my man for guidance, humility, balance, and kindness but I hope he also looks to me for that too.

Men leading households is a tired ass trope and I wonder if all the pressure that is put on men to lead is what causes so many marriages/relationships to fail.

I mean niggas are human af

Back