Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Lauryn Hill: Yall Lucky I Make It On This Stage Every Night

test
Idk why people continue to even fuck with her. Cuz this was crazy
Nostalgia.....cognitive dissonance.... Idol worship.

Even more directly, people love the idea of "Lauryn Hill." Like homie, said earlier....people think...and refuse to understand & accept that they are not getting 96-98 L-Boogie/Lauryn Hill......especially Lauryn Hill who by all accounts never really "existed".

Because the album we all enjoy and love was not even created by her. She was basically just a mouthpiece and unlike other great artists who do not wholefully write or produced their own songs (Usher,Mary J. etc.) Lauryn stole full credit for the creation of the one hit album she ever had.

Hoesnt;y but all account, she really is not a "nice" person. From sleeping with and having children by multiple married men, to stealing artistic credit from other writers & producers, to how she constantly disrespects & take her loyal fans & supports for granted, and don't even want to pay her fair share of taxes like the rest of.....
And she gets away with this because that one album touched so many souls and we all long for those bygone years (nostalgia) of the mid 90s'

Last edited:
I remember a while, probably on that old board… I got quite a few people heated when I made the point ,that in reality Beyoncé was actually a better role model for young women than Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu

Man oh man…them girls and a even dudes where🤬

😅🤣

I remember a while, probably on that old board… I got quite a few people heated when I made the point ,that in reality Beyoncé was actually a better role model for young women than Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu

Man oh man…them girls and a even dudes where🤬

😅🤣
I mmmmmean, in actuality of who they are as people..yea, but in image,..nah dog

And kids only see image, the image or who LH and EB are, is greater than the image of who Beyonce is.

But as actual people..adults with perspective can see that yea she’s a better role model

I mmmmmean, in actuality of who they are as people..yea, but in image,..nah dog

And kids only see image, the image or who LH and EB are, is greater than the image of who Beyonce is.

But as actual people..adults with perspective can see that yea she’s a better role model
Lauryn and Erykah’s entire mystique is built on image and marketing NOT reality of what we’ll want our young woman to strive for

Adulterous, rude, ungrateful, multi baby daddies, children out of wedlock etc. etc.
Oppose to married to father of your children, professional, respectful and grateful for your fan’s & support. So you get on stag, on time, and give at 110% every show (I’ll add Erykah does give a hell of a show)

Last edited:
Lauryn and Erykah’s entire mystique is built on image and marketing NOT reality of what we’ll want our young woman to strive for

Adulterous, rude, ungrateful, multi baby daddies, children out of wedlock etc. etc.
Oppose to married to father of your children, professional, respectful and grateful for your fan’s & support. So you get on stag, on time, and give at 110% every show (I’ll add Erykah does give a hell of a show)
Yea but you have to realize that what we know about who artist are now, is not what we knew about them then.

What was impressionable about artist then was their image.

Beyonces image is tied very deeply into the male dominated patriarchy of our society. Her image is one which she’s seen as a stellar specimen of a female through the eyes of a male dominated society.

Having to create an alter ego to be fierce, so you can hate that but not me, so I can still be what you want but I can have a voice that isn’t entirely me..gray area

Where EB and LH, their image is one of self reflection, depth and seen through the eyes of woman looking at the male dominated patriarchy and giving it the middle finger and saying, fuck you I won’t conform so that you can love me. Take me for who I am, or call Tyrone.

Feel me, yea as adults we know it’s all image but it’s meaningless to know that now

Kids can’t see through the image and by the time they do, what was impressionable about the image has already taken hold, that the truth don’t matter no more

If people are paying their hard earned money to see you perform, the least you can do is turn up on time. Shit's annoying when artists don't respect their fans' time. And she 100% does that shit by design at this point. If the rest of us consistently showed up late to work, we'd be fired. It's not asking for much.

Ever been around a bbq or gathering and have good conversations going with drinks, good food and laughs?

Then realize like 4-5 hours passed when you thought it was only 30mins?

But when you somewhere with a semi boring or not a lot to talk about person, time stands still?

That’s what’s meant by my post.

And lol @ the audience cheering her disrespecting them. Stupid fucks.

That's the shyt that boggled my mind. Especially that dumbazzz you hear yelling "OKAAYY!" OK?? Bitch she's insulting yo azzz and yiur time. Smh.

Back