Welcome To aBlackWeb

humor me revolver lol

shit

I went to college year-round. Finished in 3-years, instead of four.

I cannot remember if I had 2-3 week breaks between trimesters, but I sure as hell missed having summer vacations.

I was burnt out like a motherfucker at the end. Probably had more to do with health than actual schooling.

Not sure if my college experience is comparable to grade school though.

Last edited:
Bout what?

im saying, we can have discussions about ALL the problems in education, but lets try and have some discussions about things that would help, assuming everything was gravy

if they were actually teaching what they were supposed to, then perhaps, year round school isnt needed, but i think ya'll getting caught up on the year round part like they gon be going to work like we do with 9-5 jobs...nah, the year would be broken up into quarterly periods giving them a couple of weeks in between. No one is talking about keeping them in school for 12 hrs a day or anything like that

im saying, we can have discussions about ALL the problems in education, but lets try and have some discussions about things that would help, assuming everything was gravy

Help with what tho?

If, like you said, I'm assuming everything is gravy, what would be the point in year round school? Especially after re-reading the op and they get would get just as much time off under your year round scenario as they currently do.

Help with what tho?

If, like you said, I'm assuming everything is gravy, what would be the point in year round school? Especially after re-reading the op and they get would get just as much time off under your year round scenario as they currently do.

it would be ideal so that they could plan better and accordingly to make sure the kids are able to actually apply and retain information taught instead of just memorizing concepts

That's tough, I'd rather the kids have a break. It's sad that grown ass ppl at the most get 2 weeks of vacation off from their jobs and that's not enough for some. To have kids get this IMO won't be enough.

I went to school year round in college like the Op has describe and the teaching was more (rushed) in a environment like that, I didn't learn nor obtain it

That's tough, I'd rather the kids have a break. It's sad that grown ass ppl at the most get 2 weeks of vacation off from their jobs and that's not enough for some. To have kids get this IMO won't be enough.

I went to school year round in college like the Op has describe and the teaching was more (rushed) in a environment like that, I didn't learn nor obtain it

i feel like im talking to a wall...you like the third person to come in here trying to make it seem like kids gon be going to school 9-5, M-F.

brah, the college experience and k-12 experience is apples and oranges

hell, they get almost what...8 weeks as it is now...but its consecutive. They would probably end up with more than that going to a year round/quarterly system

Another argument for: plane/vacation tickets.

holiday makers charge a premium for peak season. peak season is solely determined by school being out and families tryna go somewhere.

if school vacations are spread out through the year, companies can't extort parents tryna catch a break.

i feel like im talking to a wall...you like the third person to come in here trying to make it seem like kids gon be going to school 9-5, M-F.

hell, they get almost what...8 weeks as it is now...but its consecutive. They would probably end up with more than that going to a year round/quarterly system

A. In college you go to school less than the k-12 kids though breh and it's still hard, I did it, another poster stated the same thing. The material is rushed and you are learning it just to pass the test and then it's on to the next subject.

B. As far as learning and we are sticking strictly to school work, how is that apples and oranges, you used the word (experience) so I take you are using other elements that are associated with being in college, I'm strictly talking about the classroom world between the college and k-12 kids
a. u have labs
b. u have test
c. u have material that you have to know and study.
d. I am not understanding how college and k-12 are different, now if you wanna say the level of material is different then we can (somewhat) agree, I'm sure
work passed out in 2nd grade won't be equivalent to the work you get as an 11 grader or in college, so the material is different from all stages/grades.

Another argument for: plane/vacation tickets.

holiday makers charge a premium for peak season. peak season is solely determined by school being out and families tryna go somewhere.

if school vacations are spread out through the year, companies can't extort parents tryna catch a break.

Well if I was the head of a company (Walt Disney), I'll just change my peak season to the times the kids get long 2 week breaks.

They are doing that now, families are spending Christmas break in Orlando, it's still reasonable to go there and spend your vacay there, cost less than it would if you go in May/June/July but as time moves forward and more families catch on to this idea, Walt will up their prices and then what?

AP be getting high-strung as fuck on here, LOL.

You need to take your current avatar and make it into a reaction picture/gif when people are starting to annoy you.

Well if I was the head of a company (Walt Disney), I'll just change my peak season to the times the kids get long 2 week breaks.

They are doing that now, families are spending Christmas break in Orlando, it's still reasonable to go there and spend your vacay there, cost less than it would if you go in May/June/July but as time moves forward and more families catch on to this idea, Walt will up their prices and then what?
this assumes that all schools would be taking these vacations at the same time? if they're spread throughout the year and the timing of the two to three week breaks varies by school, this wouldn't be possible.

A. In college you go to school less than the k-12 kids though breh and it's still hard, I did it, another poster stated the same thing. The material is rushed and you are learning it just to pass the test and then it's on to the next subject.

B. As far as learning and we are sticking strictly to school work, how is that apples and oranges, you used the word (experience) so I take you are using other elements that are associated with being in college, I'm strictly talking about the classroom world between the college and k-12 kids
a. u have labs
b. u have test
c. u have material that you have to know and study.
d. I am not understanding how college and k-12 are different, now if you wanna say the level of material is different then we can (somewhat) agree, I'm sure
work passed out in 2nd grade won't be equivalent to the work you get as an 11 grader or in college, so the material is different from all stages/grades.

brah, k-12 are the building blocks for college

if you have to relearn the shit in college that you did in high school, then obviously you werent equipped in k-12 to handle the courses in college, hence why there are a bunch of people who end up taking remedial classes when they first get to college. Thats a year maybe year and a half wasted.

college has more practical applications than k-12 b/c in k-12, you are being taught to pass some state examine to assess your level. College, if you dont pass that professors test, then you cant take the class that comes after it

im not gon get into aint shit professors at the college level, but...in college, you are expected to have learned something from k-12 so that you can just hit the ground running.

AP be getting high-strung as fuck on here, LOL.

You need to take your current avatar and make it into a reaction picture/gif when people are starting to annoy you.
people dont be reading all the way through then try to act like they got you some "a-ha" type shit

this assumes that all schools would be taking these vacations at the same time? if they're spread throughout the year and the timing of the two to three week breaks varies by school, this wouldn't be possible.

Assuming each school district would do something like this, it wouldn't be possible

I think most school districts will be on the same page in sense if a year round program is started and would run along the same timeline, but your idea/post could play out.

in college, you pick the classes you want, and when you want to take them

you can have all your classes in the morning, all in the evening, or some spread throughout the day...that is night and day from High School b/c you have to be out of school by a certain time

Assuming each school district would do something like this, it wouldn't be possible

I think most school districts will be on the same page in sense if a year round program is started and would run along the same timeline, but your idea/post could play out.

do all states have the same back to school schedule? no

do all states have the same holiday vacation schedule? no

summer time and most holidays are peak traveling days during the year. These companies know this, which is why the rates are different.

Back