Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kids are asked to name a song by the artists on their shirts and.... Yeah

Let me be clear cause I see this slowly turning into some gatekeeping accusations which at least for me, I'm definitely NOT doing.

It is not a requirement to know a single thing about these artists. I just find it mildly interesting there is little to no research if you're going to be wearing a famous person on your chest. That's all

Let me be clear cause I see this slowly turning into some gatekeeping accusations which at least for me, I'm definitely NOT doing.

It is not a requirement to know a single thing about these artists. I just find it mildly interesting there is little to no research if you're going to be wearing a famous person on your chest. That's all
It's just a shirt to them, nothing more

It seems like ya whole argument up to this point is it IS a requirement to at least 1 song from a person you wearing tho

And at least for me my point is it’s just fashion so what difference does it really make?? I mean do you constantly walk around in your Lacoste thinkin’ about famous tennis players?? How wild would it be for somebody to approach you in some “Hey….I see your Lacoste…how many majors did Boris Becker win??” Lol

Nah man

I don't wear shit that I can't name at least a single song the artist has done
False. I've had only worn shirts of artists I bang with. But if I put a Pink Floyd, Beatles, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, or a Led Zeppelin shirt on, I could give at least five songs from those bands/artists.

They just rock whatever these days.

It seems like ya whole argument up to this point is it IS a requirement to at least 1 song from a person you wearing tho

And at least for me my point is it’s just fashion so what difference does it really make?? I mean do you constantly walk around in your Lacoste thinkin’ about famous tennis players?? How wild would it be for somebody to approach you in some “Hey….I see your Lacoste…how many majors did Boris Becker win??” Lol
I disagree

I've asked how you can wear the shirt but not know at least one song

I never said or implied it was a requirement

And when I think of Lacoste, one of the first things I think about is the split from Izod

Bare minimum research.

But this is interesting again because would you let any of your kids wear an R Kelly shirt? I'm not trying to ask this as a personal attack or anything so I hope it's not perceived as such but again, if you gonna wear another person on your shirt that you aren't related to, I would hope at a minimum and I do mean the bare minimum, you've looked up something about them.

False. I've had only worn shirts of artists I bang with. But if I put a Pink Floyd, Beatles, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, or a Led Zeppelin shirt on, I could give at least five songs from those bands/artists.

They just rock whatever these days.
How is what I said false?

I agree with you

Edit: did you mean facts?

Last edited:
Maybe don't wear the shirt b
🤷🏾‍♂️

I mean, do I actively follow baseball? No

But can I name at least one nigga in the history of the logo on the cap that played for them? Absolutely
Co-sign. I don't follow the Flyers, but at least I could name Ron Hexstall or Eric Lindros or somebody.....

I disagree

I've asked how you can wear the shirt but not know at least one song

I never said or implied it was a requirement

And when I think of Lacoste, one of the first things I think about is the split from Izod

Bare minimum research.

But this is interesting again because would you let any of your kids wear an R Kelly shirt? I'm not trying to ask this as a personal attack or anything so I hope it's not perceived as such but again, if you gonna wear another person on your shirt that you aren't related to, I would hope at a minimum and I do mean the bare minimum, you've looked up something about them.

I mean they not sellin’ R. Kelly shirts tho…

Either way we can just agree to disagree lol

I definitely understand where you’re comin’ from (pause) and I’m sure you understand my “it’s just fashion” stance…

I mean they not sellin’ R. Kelly shirts tho…

Either way we can just agree to disagree lol

I definitely understand where you’re comin’ from (pause) and I’m sure you understand my “it’s just fashion” stance…
hulk-hogan-handshake.gif

I’m not gon knock the youngins for not knowing. Especially songs by AC/DC, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard…

I didn’t discover them until much later in my adult life

But also it’s on the adults to pass on knowledge. Just like our elders put us on to great music.

Lol….y’all leave these kids alone…obviously it’s just fashion to’em

Imagine somebody asking you to name a famous jockey cuz you got on Polo lmaoooo

Niggaz used to wear hockey jerseys and didn’t watch hockey…
Never in my life wore a polo wit the lil dude on it or a hockey jersey

Never in my life wore a polo wit the lil dude on it or a hockey jersey
I can understand tha hockey jerseys cuz it may not have been as popular down south but you’ve never wore a Ralph Lauren shirt or hoodie or nuttin’?? I mean I get that might not be everyone’s style but I thought everybody had at least 1 piece of Polo garment once in their life….damn

InB4 “Word’s a clothes elitist lol

Back