Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kanye - 5. Jay-Z - 3

Just read some of these posts.

Everybody wildin. On both sides.

Both artists got 2 unarguable classics and funny enough both have a 3rd that can be argued.

Jay is better in hip hop. An argument can be made that Ye might be the better overall artist cause of his production and influence outside of hip hop, that argument can be made.

As far as hip hop goes though, jay >>>>> ye and its not close.

All of Hov albums bang (Vol 3 Trash ASF) He has some with tracks that gets skipped without a doubt.

Cant say that shit about West. He has entire albums thats skippable. ENTIRE ALBUMS
Name the album. Anybody who feels that way, name the album and expose your bias

My personal choices
RD. American gangsta
vol 2. Black album
Blueprint

Kanye
College dropout
Graduation.
My twisted fantasy blah blah blah
All the black Friday releases

Kanye first two albums are a given to me. After that it’s been a gradual decent.

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint & the Black Album. American Gangster boarder-line classic to me too.

I don't agree that Black Album or American Gangster are classics, but this is one of the most reasonable assessments of Kanye and Jay's catalogs that I've seen.

Just read some of these posts.

Everybody wildin. On both sides.

Both artists got 2 unarguable classics and funny enough both have a 3rd that can be argued.

Jay is better in hip hop. An argument can be made that Ye might be the better overall artist cause of his production and influence outside of hip hop, that argument can be made.

As far as hip hop goes though, jay >>>>> ye and its not close.

giphy.gif

I can’t say Kingdom Cone a bad album looking back now. Especially compared to Magna Carter. That’s a shit show right there. Still subpar for a “comeback” joint tho.

Back