Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Juneteenth Thread

I can see calling this shit performative and being worried about it becoming a commercialized holiday...but I have yet to see 1 person claim that now that Juneteenth is a holiday that people are running around celebrating the end of racism or that any fight is over like I keep seeing niggas say they are seeing in mass. Seeing people who've celebrated Juneteenth for generations happy that the day is officially acknowledged doesn't mean they think any fight is over. Some folks take any expression of Black people in any state of joy and gotta try to be the 1st to snatch it away.

My job sent an email saying we get a floating holiday for Juneteenth. We got 12 months to take it.

I been laughing at how akward its gonna be for white people to request a day off. Some white dude gonna have to tell his manager hes taking like August 10 off to observe Juneteenth. Lmaooo

I can see calling this shit performative and being worried about it becoming a commercialized holiday...but I have yet to see 1 person claim that now that Juneteenth is a holiday that people are running around celebrating the end of racism or that any fight is over like I keep seeing niggas say they are seeing in mass. Seeing people who've celebrated Juneteenth for generations happy that the day is officially acknowledged doesn't mean they think any fight is over. Some folks take any expression of Black people in any state of joy and gotta try to be the 1st to snatch it away.
Agreed

Its like some within our own race beleive we lack the emotional intelligence to be nuanced in our expressions regarding things like this…

like we aren't able to celebrate that we won a small battle and also understand that the war is still ongoing

Yes we can but the problem is yall loyals let them get away with placating us with a juneteenth holiday IN PLACE of reparations. The dems feel like their job is done and the black people who voted for them will allow it
I will say THIS.

When you say Trump and Biden are exactly the same, I use something like this as an example to prove you wrong.

You know Trump would never sign a bill like this in a billion years.

At least Biden made Juneteenth an federal holiday (even if he had ulterior motives).

Trump thinks black people who peacefully protest police brutally by kneeling during the national anthem should leave the country.

Two white supremacists, yes (so to speak), but they ain’t the same.

Stay on Biden’s neck about reparations, though.

THAT, I agree with.

Back