Welcome To aBlackWeb

I watched it last night. I know I shouldn't have because it was going to make me extremely upset. It goes to show how sick and evil Hoover was. William O'neal was the ultimate snitch. I'm surprised he lived another 20 years with all that guilt on his soul

I watched it last night. I know I shouldn't have because it was going to make me extremely upset. It goes to show how sick and evil Hoover was. William O'neal was the ultimate snitch. I'm surprised he lived another 20 years with all that guilt on his soul
If it wasn’t for that interview I don’t think ppl would have known ....homie got away w it

Didn’t really illuminate anything I didn’t already know but good flick.

Glad they didn’t try and soft shoe how evil Hoover and the feds were.

Would’ve liked to see that faggot get hit by that car though.

Didn’t really illuminate anything I didn’t already know but good flick.

Glad they didn’t try and soft shoe how evil Hoover and the feds were
I noticed how direct the white supremacist fbi agents were with their words. There wasn't a lot of coded language. I think that was intentional by Coogler

That snitch missed his calling in life

Instead of pretending to be cops he should've taken his talents to Hollywood

Even his employer cop joked sardonically about O'Neil's deceptive social intuit skills and easiness into molding himself into another persona. That either he's been truly turning into a Panther or deserves an Academy Award for what he transpired when the fed came to check him at the church conference.

BETRAYAL OF A POWERFUL PANTHER

PRAISE: About three months ago i watched a documentary based on The Black Panthers on PBS titled The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution.I was so riveted by it i couldnt get out of my seat 5 minutes after the credits rolled.
Watching this trailer months ago i wondered : Would i be equally moved by this film?
This film focuses on when the FBI William O'Neal infiltrates the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party to gather intelligence on Chairman Fred Hampton.
I was mesmerized and pulled in partially because of the performances.
Daniel Kaluuya as Fred Hampton, chairman of the Black Panther Party chapter in Chicago puts all he can into the role is he the mirror image of Hampton with his mannerisms to a t ...no but it's a solid performance and i couldnt take my eyes off of him.Couple that with another beautiful perfomance from Dominique Fishback as Deborah Johnson, Hampton's girlfriend.Their time together on screen is romantic and soulful .Wonderful chemistry.
Now Lakeith Stanfield as Bill O'Neal, an FBI informant who infiltrates the Party talk about mirror image...WOW,I will never feel sympathy for O'Neal
but Stanfield's portrayal is dead on and laser focused.
Jesse Plemons as Roy Mitchell, O'Neal's FBI handler turns in an oily performace as he convinces O'Neal to infiltrate and betray The Black Panther's.
At times i couldnt believe how hate and absurd thinking blinded certain people from what Hampton was trying to accomplish. Im glad the film displayed how he extended himself to anyone no matter what race they were.
Director Shaka King and writers Will Berson,Shaka King,Kenny Lucas
and Keith Lucas give the film stunning imagery and edge of your seat moments even though i knew how some moments would play out.
It uplifted and broke my heart at the same time.Definitely triggering so please keep that in mind.
Im glad the film is receiving tons of award nominations.Thank You for using real life footage and pictures.

PROBLEMS: I did have problems with some alterations to the true story.I felt like some punches were pulled in certain scenes and when it came to the dialogue.I believe without such alterations it just would have added to the power of the film.

I encourage all to view The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution and read the graphic novel The Black Panther Party: A Graphic Novel History by
Author: David Walker and
Illustrator: Marcus Kwame Anderson

Scale of 1-10 an 8½

The thing about informants that they are going to be defined as a rat by both sides. Roy Mitchell and company know that Bill will never be allowed in their inner circle or above, nor ever be respected by them. You become a rat then you lose all credibility, and only going to be look at their little fetch dog

I need to run this back again cuz I was in my feelings on first watch. It was good but also infuriating which is what I expected.

Man this Movie got me Hot af. This nigga really said he was part of the struggle the nerve of this nigga I really hope he burning in hell for this and fuck his whole family blood line if his son had any common sense he would never associate himself with that man I would have changed my name and everything and Fuck them Crackers for airing that documentary on MLK day too that was some straight bullshit

I need to run this back again cuz I was in my feelings on first watch. It was good but also infuriating which is what I expected.
What set me off was when the fed told the rat to figure out what Fred needs. He needed transportation. It was that easy to get close

I watched the movie twice already. It's a really good movie.

What surprised me is that after the meeting with the crowns and they questioned him about the badge and stolen car shit. Nobody thought to go back around Maywood and ask about what kind of dude he was. Nobody thought to check his background but he getting closer and closer with the chairman.

I know it happens but regular folks on the street do more homework on new people they about to commit a crime with than the heads and the people around the heads of movements do.

The O'Neal dude ain't shit but I'm surprised nobody has talked about the other black dude was going around the country infiltrating different branches of the panthers and lying on the leaders of the organizations to either get them killed or locked up. That nigga is a million times worse than O'Neal was and that really needs to be exposed.

As good as this movie was I really rather have had movie about Hampton like Spike Lee did about Malcolm X. Hampton's legacy deserves that and us as black people deserve that.

Movies like this don't sit well with me because of the other narratives that people can take from it. Which IMO are that real black leaders who are true threats to this country status quo get murdered and it also always shows how other black are always involved in taking down another black person. So IMO that shows to some us that we can never trust our own.

Back