Welcome To aBlackWeb

Joint accounts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that all depends on what YALL define personal purchases as, you make the rules

I get gas and fast food and clothes and all that shit on the bill accounts.....anything we actually need falls under that category across the board

but if we wanna fuck off on gifts for each other or if I want a game i dont really need or decide I want wax AND bud tonight lol.....we keep our own lil stashes for that

when she wants some shit that comes with a note or hits our credit, she's gonna ask me....even tho she can most likely just buy the shit outright on her own

i rarely need over 5 or 6 bills at any given time to do the shit i do, so its not really an issue on my end

that all depends on what YALL define personal purchases as, you make the rules

I get gas and fast food and clothes and all that shit on the bill accounts.....anything we actually need falls under that category across the board

but if we wanna fuck off on gifts for each other or if I want a game i dont really need or decide I want wax AND bud tonight lol.....we keep our own lil stashes for that

when she wants some shit that comes with a note or hits our credit, she's gonna ask me....even tho she can most likely just buy the shit outright on her own

i rarely need over 5 or 6 bills at any given time to do the shit i do, so its not really an issue on my end

So what you're saying is you don't think being upfront with your finances is key to a relationship? That's how I took that.

Reactions: 1/2
i guess thats what im saying bro lol.....knowing about every dollar spent isnt an aspect of OUR relationship that we deem important

shit makes me itch a little thinking about it

Don't know where this whole having seperate accounts means your hiding something, or mean that money is not being shared. My folks been together 33 yrs and No other marriage. They have seperate and joint accounts but they are still a team and put their money together to enjoy their lifestyles. Both are upper middle class. No one is reckless with money.

Just cause you have seperate accounts doesn't mean you dont put your money together. Also, two people could live two different lifestyles. If one spends a lot more than the other, it is best just to have your own personal account. And have a joint account for cost that you all share.

At the end of the day, have a discussion early in your relationship on how money will be dealt with. What works for some, doesn't work for all. But having all your money in one account is a single point of failure (a tech phrase).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1/2
Back