John Leguizamo - “Latinos built this country”

Is he right?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Helped

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Ain’t you pretending to be Puerto Rican?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Yes. They helped build this country.

Ain’t the common knowledge?

I don't know if I'd say they helped build this country, but they've definitely contributed to what this country is.

I don't think there's a real problem with the statement. I do think there is a problem with who it's coming from. Leguizamo has pretty consistently been trying to boost up Latinos by downplaying black people for quite a while now. So, yeah it sounds funny when he in particular says something that you usually hear black people say with regard to the slaves.

Yes. They helped build this country.

Ain’t the common knowledge?
He didn't say the word helped though, he simply said BUILT. So unless he is somehow trying to associate today's Latinos with slaves that came through Latin/South America, his statement gets a side eye from me. Now had he said that the Latino community today keeps America afloat now, then I would completely agree with him...

The latino community always takes our kindness for weakness. We've screamed this black and brown shit for their benefit but all it does enables them to get too comfortable

The erasure of black Americans aint gonna stop. Fat joe and crazy legs are planning on making a documentary claiming Puerto Ricans helped create hip hop 50/50 with black people, which is a lie

Back