Welcome To aBlackWeb

Joe Budden Is Back Trending On Twitter Cuz...

ebro top 50
HYkhGG6.jpg

Rosenborg top 50

They were prolly behind the list that went viral...On Saturday podcast, there was a moment where Joe was bout to say where he ranks Game...But he stopped himself and kept it private cause they been workin on an episode where they finally do an official list...Then this happens this week...

A small one. And Black Rob had a bigger impact than Big L. Big L was an influential rapper but he did not have a big impact. His legend grew after his death. Black Rob had a timeless hit record at the height of Bad Boys return after Biggies death. Therefor Black Rob left a bigger mark. The average fan can't name one Big L song. They know him as an underground rapper with a crazy flow. Again minimal impact but an influential rapper. Almost everybody knows Black Rob made Whoa or has heard of the song. You associate Black Rob's hit record with Bad Boys comeback after BIG's death.

Rappers like Nelly and Ludacris were both influential and had a big impact. Both rappers carried a whole region with hit records and spawned new styles. Nelly with his country raps had the whole Midwest rocking. Ludacris at one point was the biggest rapper in the south. He had back to back to back hit records and brought a new style. Luda was like the southern version of Busta Rhymes. Also all three of those rappers Nelly, Ludacris, and Busta Rhymes had unique styles, flow, fan bases, and they all had their own record labels built largely off of their success and impact in the game. That's why when I see some of these new rappers on these all time list I don't see how their resumes stack up to some of these guys from the past. A lot of these rappers who people would be quick to call trash or washed today like Luda or Nelly built and entire brand and movement that had longevity and impact. You don't see that a lot these days.

Shit like this is wack to me.

Good breakdown, you're right.

These new guys have not put in nowhere near the work or have had the accolades and success as many of the "average" rappers before them but they will shout into the wind with their cult like following of fans about how much respect and credit they think they deserve. The game ain't the same no more. I hold rappers to a high standard. You gotta come with it to get my respect. I don't fuck with this microwave generation of the culture where we have to judge shit that hasn't even been cooked right. Give me the guys who've put in the work and have shown and proven that they have what it takes.

To me impact is more in the sales/hits vain. While Influence is more on if you changed the sound of the game, do you have kids/clones, etc.
Got it, @Los216 broke it down perfectly for me.

They were prolly behind the list that went viral...On Saturday podcast, there was a moment where Joe was bout to say where he ranks Game...But he stopped himself and kept it private cause they been workin on an episode where they finally do an official list...Then this happens this week...

Nah bro. He just said he dont remember where he ranked him & it wouldn't be fair to say Ross ranking if he dont remember where he ranked Game.

But they already got like 3 episodes ranking niggas. One of them called Top 20 I think.

Nah bro. He just said he dont remember where he ranked him & it wouldn't be fair to say Ross ranking if he dont remember where he ranked Game.

But they already got like 3 episodes ranking niggas. One of them called Top 20 I think.

Oh was that how it went?...Word my memory slipped...That's exactly how rumors get started, lol...

Back