Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jeff Bezos could become world's first trillionaire, and many people aren't happy about it

First of all this is assuming his net worth grows by 30%+ every year.

Second, he built a company that has the ability to transfer goods to anyone anywhere in the world within 48 hours without needing a physical store to walk into. Right now very retailer around the world is locked down, Amazon is all digital. So of course his stock price is going to rise in these times and he's going to become even richer.

Third, given his wealth, it's not his obligation to give it to those who despise him - even tho, he still signed to the Giving Pledge where when he dies, 99% of his entire fortune will go to charity.

Fourth, cant speak for Amazon's treatment of it's Frontline staff, but he better do his best to make sure they're happy and safe.
False. Amazon could not deliver my copy of TLoU2 and GoT on there release date, but Best Buy did.

100% cooooooooosign

I think it's the saddest display of weakness tbh. Especially since most people do not want to work harder than they have to and will tell you that. I've seen comments on how people believe the solution is to divide a rich person's wealth and give it to others just because - man nothing is free and you get what you put in. Nobody remembers when Bezos was living on his wife's couch in a garage trying to build a "bookstore".

I see it as inspiration to strive for more, never settle for less and to work hard.
He didn't work hard though and his wife did a lot to make that company successful. Being rich does not mean hard work lol. Trump is the biggest example.

100% cooooooooosign

I think it's the saddest display of weakness tbh. Especially since most people do not want to work harder than they have to and will tell you that. I've seen comments on how people believe the solution is to divide a rich person's wealth and give it to others just because - man nothing is free and you get what you put in. Nobody remembers when Bezos was living on his wife's couch in a garage trying to build a "bookstore".

I see it as inspiration to strive for more, never settle for less and to work hard.

I'm against billionaires, so you know I'm against a potential trillionaire. However, I'm against the concept not the people. Gates, Bezos, and all the others used the system and made their money. No one should fault them for that. Now Bezos and Amazon have done some questionable things and they should answer for that, but I don't agree with trying to break up his money and just take it from him.

I do however agree that in general taxes should be very high for people at that level. They've actually done research on it. There is a point where the wealth you have serves no reasonable purpose other than bragging rights. Past that point, that person's wealth becomes a detriment to society because it's basically inaccessible and cannot benefit anyone. That goes for liquid assets and wealth that is caught up in a corporation.

Stop it nigga, for like 10 years Amazon was running razor thin margins and barely making adequate profit relative to revenues.

Also his wife was an accountant and I'm sure she was even telling him to get a real job. Shit no one thought he would even survive the dot com crash.

lol None of that means he worked hard. It just means the company had humble beginnings. I'm not saying he didn't work hard by the way. I'm sure he put in good effort, but it is dumb the way some people always act like a company's success or a person's wealth is directly correlated to the effort they put in or their individual brilliance. That is almost never true.

I never understood the logic of being against millionaires or billionaires man.

Their money is held primarily in equities tho. You're not actually taxed until you sell. So if you hold indefinitely, while the growth compounds over long periods of time like they have, of course You're going to be wealthy. All of my wealthiest clients are that way because 90% of their money is in equities, they don't buy and sell stock every day and they're also very conservative with their spending. MOST people dont want to do that and many more find investing "boring" unfortunately.

I'm not against millionaires. I'm against billionaires, and I've already explained why. There is no good reason to ever have billions of dollars held up by one person or family. They can't use it and it serves no purpose for them. It's better to have that money circulating in the economy where people can benefit from it. And no offense, but you'll never see the problem with being a billionaire because one of your personal goals is to become a billionaire.

Bezos even making a million dollars was not easy. I think it's ignorant to believe that it was easy to build Amazon or that Bezos didn't work hard for what he has. He can enjoy the fruits of his labour because he put in the work and paid the cost to be the boss.

That doesn't go against anything I'm saying. I don't have a problem with Bezos being rich. I don't have a problem with him living like a boss. Amazon was a good idea. He made it work. He deserves to reap the benefits.

Stop it nigga, for like 10 years Amazon was running razor thin margins and barely making adequate profit relative to revenues.

Also his wife was an accountant and I'm sure she was even telling him to get a real job. Shit no one thought he would even survive the dot com crash.
His wife supported his idea and they quit their jobs and pooled their money to start the company. She was also the accountant for amazon as well as negotiating contracts n shit for them when they were just starting.

Back