Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
So if they create a “new one” racism will still exist. Let’s say they create their own league, they’re going to need a tv deal, and all these companies are ran by suspected racists, hence you’re still dealing with racism, then you need sponsors again you’re going to deal with potential racists wanting to advertise during your games. How about radio? The same thing. Then you need a social media presence and they’re all ran by suspected racists. So you’re not going to escape it. So telling players to quit the NFL because of racism is silly when racism is apart of every function of our society.

I never said anything about escaping racism. I said it would allow us to have control over what goes on in the organization. Also I already mentioned several ways the league can get it's money in previous posts. I believe the new league will be able to get the sponsorship and advertising it needs, plus it would be a big deal anyway so advertising's not really an issue. But if that's a big enough issue for you to not believe in yourself or your people then I hope you find that courage bro.

So you said all this to say that because racism exists we as Black people shouldn't strive to build our own organizations our way?

Do you believe Black people shouldn't be entrepreneurs because racism exists?

I never said anything about escaping racism. I said it would allow us to have control over what goes on in the organization. Also I already mentioned several ways the league can get it's money in previous posts. I believe the new league will be able to get the sponsorship and advertising it needs, plus it would be a big deal anyway so advertising's not really an issue. But if that's a big enough issue for you to not believe in yourself or your people then I hope you find that courage bro.

So you said all this to say that because racism exists we as Black people shouldn't strive to build our own organizations our way?

Do you believe Black people shouldn't be entrepreneurs because racism exists?
I've maintained the same point throughout this thread. People downing Kaep for wanting to still play in the NFL despite the racism. What you're bringing up doesn't negate my point. You're arguing a different point.

That's impossible. There's no way in this day and age to run a pro league of all 1 race and it not take a hit. And no way to shield yourself from racism affecting your league.

I've said it several times already but a Black Owned league doesn't have to mean Black only players. It means Black Owned we (Black people and POC) can make rules within the organization.

You can still make the organization as diverse as you want it to be, but you're in control.

Well yeah...If Black people never choose to create and support a league that could rival that option...Sure it is...

Nothing will ever rival the NBA and NFL. They will either thrive or that sport in general will fold everywhere regardless of who is in charge.

You either take over that league or nothing else.

What's the point of the black league or creating a black league if we still have to do buisness with said racists we're supposedly getting away from....NFL has built a monopoly on Football and the same racists in the league are sprinkled throughout all faucets that help the league work and grow(i.e. stadiums, sponsors, media, promotion, security, etc.). How are black people with money much less black players who want to make money supposed to get this off the ground?

The point would be removing yourself from an organization that doesn't respect you and playing against it with an organization that does.

Nothing will ever rival the NBA and NFL. They will either thrive or that sport in general will fold everywhere regardless of who is in charge.

You either take over that league or nothing else.

So I guess you're content with nothing else...Because we're never gonna "take over" those leagues...Just like we aren't gonna "take over" this country...But what we can do is build on what we have in places where we are welcome...

One positive thing i can say I seen come out of this already is. Alot of times I always have thought that compromise is the best way forward for black people. I had seen that there was a wall of all or nothing minded people within our culture that wouldn't make compromise possible. Because if you werent down with all or nothing, you were deemed a coon for wanting to compromise.

Now I'm seeing those like minded people coming off that all or nothing stance to agree with Jay. I think them being willing to compromise in support of Jay, hrlps remove the narrative of all or nothing from other areas. Cause if its argued, someone can say "well Jay z" and it's hard to put down their actions and defend Jay at the same time.

But ain’t we always been compromising with white folks all the time?

Keep it a buck, how many of y'all who throwing shit at Jay knew that the day the deal was done coincided with the 3 year date of Kap?

I sure as hell didn't because I have a fucking life

STFU already

Nobody sitting around strategically planning that.

Like you got it saved in your phone or some shit

Foh

Relax

So I guess you're content with nothing else...Because we're never gonna "take over" those leagues...Just like we aren't gonna "take over" this country...But what we can do is build on what we have in places where we are welcome...

If you can never take over the league your league ain’t gon work

If you can never take over the league your league ain’t gon work

...But all the leagues I named are working though...They need fine tuning in order to be more attractive for top talent...So that's where collaborative effort and community support come in to play...

That's when your black ppl pool their funds together and create something.

One may say, we need TV deals, I'd say, you get yo ass up and attend the games in person, fill the stadiums.

One may say, we need NFL stadiums, I'd say, you have HBCU stadiums that could be used.

One may say, we need endorsements, I'd say, you advertise, black businesses first and allow their establishments to be the vendors at these games. We don't need COKE, We can let somebody sell their home-made drink/beverage. We create these things, or use to create these things at the Mom and Pop store in the hood.

You use the things that are already in place to build up your product, TV deals, smh, Get yo ass up and take your ass to the game and purchase a ticket if you really wanna see the games.

HBCU games never came on TV in the 70s, 80s and 90s and those games stayed packed, and they produced some of the best players from that league.

You don't need them, they need us. Negro Leagues are the prime example, The black players that they got to play in the Major, most, if not all, came outta the Negro League.

In theory this a beautiful idea but how many players are going to be willing to give up millions initially? Like I stated earlier in this thread the best players will not even attend HBCU's and one poster pointed out it was due to lack of money for scholarships why some black kids don't attend.

People bring up the Big 3 as an example of a business that is thriving but the reason most of those players play is because they've already made their money from playing overseas or in the NBA. They are just playing because they love doing it and feel they can contribute in that medium. The Big 3 isn't in competition with real basketball leagues, it has it's own lane.

I wish more of these folks with money would look to start ventures to empower black people but most don't have the know how or desire to do so and the other half are just trying to take care of their immediate family and close friends. It's unrealistic and not fair to expect others to be willing and able to take on the burden of our whole race. That's why when we have individuals who do this very thing they receive and rightfully so infinite respect and leeway

That's when your black ppl pool their funds together and create something.

One may say, we need TV deals, I'd say, you get yo ass up and attend the games in person, fill the stadiums.

One may say, we need NFL stadiums, I'd say, you have HBCU stadiums that could be used.

One may say, we need endorsements, I'd say, you advertise, black businesses first and allow their establishments to be the vendors at these games. We don't need COKE, We can let somebody sell their home-made drink/beverage. We create these things, or use to create these things at the Mom and Pop store in the hood.

You use the things that are already in place to build up your product, TV deals, smh, Get yo ass up and take your ass to the game and purchase a ticket if you really wanna see the games.

HBCU games never came on TV in the 70s, 80s and 90s and those games stayed packed, and they produced some of the best players from that league.

You don't need them, they need us. Negro Leagues are the prime example, The black players that they got to play in the Major, most, if not all, came outta the Negro League.

I like this approach. Man this could help local Black economies thrive fr.

Lol, he got a league...It operates...It pays...Like him or not, you can see what he's doing and build on it to make it better...We can't just say Blacks can never have their own pro sports leagues while dismissing the people that are outchea actively tryna do it...
I think most will tell you to not get me started on the holes in lavars league.

He wasn't trying to help them kids....for one.
And for two..none if it was his idea...
He was more worried about "optics" than business.
He is not the example you want to use.

All The rest I'll ride with.

Last edited:
Back