Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
What league has Master P started? This nigga out here trying to get people to see I Got The Hookup 2. As for Cube i fuck with the Big 3 league but you a new fool if you think someone would choose that over playing in the NBA or any over seas pro league

Master P has a unisex basketball league...I forgot to add Lavar in there too...

No, the foolish thing is not supporting people who are already forging space in the areas we claim to want representation in...If they wanna represent us, of course...

If P, Cube, Lavar and others came together and created a league that could actually be based on good business, pay a decent amount, and put games in proper venues with proper marketing...The only things that could stop it from growing would be outside interference from whites and us not supporting it...Niggas swear they want Black owned business then when one starts it's not good enough...We want Black owned business that operates on the same level as white owned business from the jump, but that's not always possible...Customers have to help the businesses grow...

One positive thing i can say I seen come out of this already is. Alot of times I always have thought that compromise is the best way forward for black people. I had seen that there was a wall of all or nothing minded people within our culture that wouldn't make compromise possible. Because if you werent down with all or nothing, you were deemed a coon for wanting to compromise.

Now I'm seeing those like minded people coming off that all or nothing stance to agree with Jay. I think them being willing to compromise in support of Jay, hrlps remove the narrative of all or nothing from other areas. Cause if its argued, someone can say "well Jay z" and it's hard to put down their actions and defend Jay at the same time.

Deals can be made to play against the NFL... the new league's teams can play against NFL teams. The NFL is only one league that plays against itself. This could be an opportunity for the NFL to have a whole other new league to rival.

Each league can play against its own league's teams and it's rival league's teams during their season and have an ultimate Superbowl like game at the end of the season to determine the best league and the best team from each league... It can become greater than the Superbowl...

What's the point of the black league or creating a black league if we still have to do buisness with said racists we're supposedly getting away from....NFL has built a monopoly on Football and the same racists in the league are sprinkled throughout all faucets that help the league work and grow(i.e. stadiums, sponsors, media, promotion, security, etc.). How are black people with money much less black players who want to make money supposed to get this off the ground?

One positive thing i can say I seen come out of this already is. Alot of times I always have thought that compromise is the best way forward for black people. I had seen that there was a wall of all or nothing minded people within our culture that wouldn't make compromise possible. Because if you werent down with all or nothing, you were deemed a coon for wanting to compromise.

Now I'm seeing those like minded people coming off that all or nothing stance to agree with Jay. I think them being willing to compromise in support of Jay, hrlps remove the narrative of all or nothing from other areas. Cause if its argued, someone can say "well Jay z" and it's hard to put down their actions and defend Jay at the same time.

you know damn well peoples hypocrisy wont allow them that.. but he made reasonable doubt...

i dont believe in compromising on matters such as liberation but you definitely made a point

The more I read in this thread the sadder I get with the thinking of some of the folks on here. SMH

I think a lot of the folks on here that are taking the wait and see approach (which I'm one) are seriously not trying to look at it from the point of view of the people who are disappointed and pissed at Jay-Z. I get why they are pissed and disappointed because I too am looking at this venture with a serious side eye.

We would all think and hope that Jay-Z is smart enough to not be unwillingly used as a PR pawn but alot of the actions around his partnership ie. The day they announced this being on the anniversary of Kaepernick officially being out of a job to Jay-Z publicly chastising the work the players who were kneeling has put in screams him being a (willing or not) PR pawn. SMH.

Not to mention when asked what exactly are the projects his company intends to start or assist on the social Justice front with this league and him trying to spin the subject and not really having much of an answer. That honestly outside of not talking to the players is what really has me looking at this funny. Supposedly Jay-Z has been working behind the scenes for months to get this done and he couldn't even rattle off one or two ideas he and the NFL had in the works? Even if the plan didn't get off the ground for various reasons at least him being able to present something would've looked better than what he said. That right there made me really think that he and the league feel just his presence alone would be enough to pacify a certain subsect of people, which it honestly has so far. Lmao.

I personally wouldn't have commented in this thread or had much of an opinion if Jay-Z partnered with the NFL if he never had stated what he did about Kaepernick a few years ago because I understand he is a business man but him doing that and then chastising Travis Scott (which I just found out was only because he wasn't the headliner, according to people in here) about the Super Bowl makes things a bit different.

I hope good things come from his partnership but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if not much did besides him gaining more money and power for himself.

So then why are we trashing Kaep for wanting to still play in the NFL?

Why is the NFL the finally stop meaning, why do we even push our players so hard to play in this league? Kap played for Nevada but it wasn't until then black ppl started watching him was when he became the starter for the 49ers, He been playing like that at Nevada.

Why do you think black players want to play in the NFL? "black ppl" make the NFL what it is,

If black ppl today said, we aint fucking with the NFL or the P5 conferences, we won't post them on our FB accounts, wear their T-Shirts, add to their TV ratings, we will unplug ourselves from all entities, we aint watching these games, or supporting their P5 schools that help add value to one another, both go hand and hand, the NFL and P5 conferences.

What do you think will start to happen to the NFL and these P5 conferences ?? The value of the NFL and these colleges will start to go down.

I am willing to bet these players stop going to these entities

Last edited:
Why is the NFL the finally stop meaning, why do we even push our players so hard to play in this league? Kap played for Nevada but it wasn't until then black ppl started watching him was when he became the starter for the 49ers, He been playing like that at Nevada.

Why do you think black players want to play in the NFL? "black ppl" make the NFL what it is,

If black ppl today said, we aint fucking with the NFL or the P5 conferences, we won't post them on our FB accounts, wear their T-Shirts, add to their TV ratings, we will unplug ourselves from all entities, we aint watching these games, or supporting their P5 schools that help add value to one another, both go hand and hand, the NFL and P5 conferences.

What do you think will start to happen to the NFL and these P5 conferences ?? The value of the NFL and these colleges will start to go down.

I am willing to bet these players stop going to these entities
There must be alternate though. People left MySpace for Facebook.

There must be alternate though. People left MySpace for Facebook.

That's when your black ppl pool their funds together and create something.

One may say, we need TV deals, I'd say, you get yo ass up and attend the games in person, fill the stadiums.

One may say, we need NFL stadiums, I'd say, you have HBCU stadiums that could be used.

One may say, we need endorsements, I'd say, you advertise, black businesses first and allow their establishments to be the vendors at these games. We don't need COKE, We can let somebody sell their home-made drink/beverage. We create these things, or use to create these things at the Mom and Pop store in the hood.

You use the things that are already in place to build up your product, TV deals, smh, Get yo ass up and take your ass to the game and purchase a ticket if you really wanna see the games.

HBCU games never came on TV in the 70s, 80s and 90s and those games stayed packed, and they produced some of the best players from that league.

You don't need them, they need us. Negro Leagues are the prime example, The black players that they got to play in the Major, most, if not all, came outta the Negro League.

Last edited:
Black ppl make shit pop and everybody follows. We spend 1 trillion dollars in this country alone, spending more than countries alone in itself but we can create our own. We don't need them, they need us.

Bet if all black ppl stop watching the NFL and P5 conferences and attending their schools, and put their energy into something else, that shit wouldn't look so shinny to us.

We make the value of things go up and down

One may say, we need TV deals, I'd say, you get yo ass up and attend the games in person, fill the stadiums.

One may say, we need NFL stadiums, I'd say, you have HBCU stadiums that could be used.

One may say, we need endorsements, I'd say, you advertise, black businesses first and allow their establishments to be the vendors at these games. We don't need COKE, We can let somebody sell their home-made drink/beverage. We create these things, or use to create these things at the Mom and Pop store in the hood.

You use the things that are already in place to build up your product, TV deals, smh, Get yo ass up and take your ass to the game and purchase a ticket if you really wanna see the games.

HBCU games never came on TV in the 70s, 80s and 90s and those games stayed packed, and they produced some of the best players from that league.

You don't need them, they need us. Negro Leagues are the prime example, The black players that they got to play in the Major, most, if not all, came outta the Negro League.

Exactly...Once the plans are in place...The next step is support...There will inevitably be opposition, we have to prepare for that and stand against it...

Black ppl make shit pop and everybody follows. We spend 1 trillion dollars in this country alone, spending more than countries alone in itself but we can create our own. We don't need them, they need us.

Bet if all black ppl stop watching the NFL and P5 conferences and attending their schools, and put their energy into something else, that shit wouldn't look so shinny to us.

We make the value of things go up and down

How much you think white ppl spend?

And no. We don’t make the value of things go up and down like you think. We are a small %of the US bruh.

And we are being passed up by Latinos and Asians. Our numbers are not increasing or decreasing.

You worry about making things pop. That shit means nothing. In the grand scheme of things.

Y’all have a false sense of how major sports leagues and colleges work

Last edited:

Leagues can’t thrive just off attendance, tv deals allow players to sign nice contracts and make more money, you need sponsors etc. You can’t compare the HBCU to pro sports.

Master P has a unisex basketball league...I forgot to add Lavar in there too...

No, the foolish thing is not supporting people who are already forging space in the areas we claim to want representation in...If they wanna represent us, of course...

If P, Cube, Lavar and others came together and created a league that could actually be based on good business, pay a decent amount, and put games in proper venues with proper marketing...The only things that could stop it from growing would be outside interference from whites and us not supporting it...Niggas swear they want Black owned business then when one starts it's not good enough...We want Black owned business that operates on the same level as white owned business from the jump, but that's not always possible...Customers have to help the businesses grow...
Your whole holds no weight once you mentioned lavas in it with the others.

Your whole holds no weight once you mentioned lavas in it with the others.

Lol, he got a league...It operates...It pays...Like him or not, you can see what he's doing and build on it to make it better...We can't just say Blacks can never have their own pro sports leagues while dismissing the people that are outchea actively tryna do it...

Lol, he got a league...It operates...It pays...Like him or not, you can see what he's doing and build on it to make it better...We can't just say Blacks can never have their own pro sports leagues while dismissing the people that are outchea actively tryna do it...

He fucked over them kids

The was basically signing 360 deals

Keep it a buck, how many of y'all who throwing shit at Jay knew that the day the deal was done coincided with the 3 year date of Kap?

I sure as hell didn't because I have a fucking life

STFU already

Nobody sitting around strategically planning that.

Like you got it saved in your phone or some shit

Foh

Back