Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
maybe I dont care enough about the NFL to the point I desperately need it to change— outside of wanting to fix its DV problem and doing something about resident displacement when new stadiums are built. other than that Black ownership in the NFL means nothing to me. if predomintely Black faces working within your organization didnt make you say “we need to change some things or we need to be more supportive of social justice initatives” for the past 60+ years, I dont see how Black owners will —especially if they aspire to be just like the white owners. representation matters only when folxs share the same ideas as the community its supposed to represent.

You seem smart so I need you to think...

Creating our own doesn't mean segregating ourselves. It means creating your own.

If you start your own business you can make the rules and hire how you want to hire. You can make it as "diverse" as you want but YOU would be in control.

I'm saying take control.

Where do we find the investors to get that kinda thing off the ground?

All the black people that talk all that anti black ownership bullshit are clowns. A bunch of niggas who cry all day on twitter, log off and go back to their minimum wage job. End up having kids with other dumb mfs, who also end up growing up in poor conditions and the cycle continues.

Instead of helping other black people progress they spend all their energy tearing down any black person they see having success.

They have a million complaints and never any solutions. Notice anytime you bring up something good Hov is doing they counter it by saying it's most likely a disingenuous deed with an ulterior motive. And they never can tell you one thing that THEY'VE done to help the progression of black people. I will never take them clowns serious.

Anti-Black ownership? I don't think anyone is making that argument.

After looking at all sides I’ve come to one conclusion. There’s not gonna be a end result that satisfies everyone’s opinion/agendas. All sides thrive on sensationalism. It’s been talked to death but it’s true, no one really wants to dive into solutions. Complaining & going about your day is so much easier. No one is innocent. Not Jay or Kaep or Eric Reid. No one. Worry about yourselves & your people & ensure your communities are safe.

Where is these we’ll thought ideas in this thread? I’ll wait.

Hell only one person even suggested an idea and that was to start our own league.

If you can’t find them you can have a seat too.

Y’all just complain about Hov and the move he is making.

All the black people that talk all that anti black ownership bullshit are clowns. A bunch of niggas who cry all day on twitter, log off and go back to their minimum wage job. End up having kids with other dumb mfs, who also end up growing up in poor conditions and the cycle continues.

Instead of helping other black people progress they spend all their energy tearing down any black person they see having success.

They have a million complaints and never any solutions. Notice anytime you bring up something good Hov is doing they counter it by saying it's most likely a disingenuous deed with an ulterior motive. And they never can tell you one thing that THEY'VE done to help the progression of black people. I will never take them clowns serious.

I think its more beneficial for yall to say you dont care much about liberation and thats ok.

Some of us do not what liberation. We want the luxuries we’ve been deprived of. We want power. We want what the white ppl have. We want to sit at their table and join their conversations. I know yall niggas are tired of always coming outside to play and the white man packing up his ball immediately and going home. I get it.

I wish more people would just say it.

Last edited:
I think its more beneficial for yall to say you dont care much about liberation and thats ok.

Some of us do not what liberation. We want the luxuries we’ve been deprived of. We want power. We want what the white ppl have. We want to sit at their table and join their conversations. I know yall niggas are tired of always coming outside to play with the man and him packing up his ball immediately and going inside. I get it.

I wish more people would just say it.

Iswis

What this sounds like to me... and correct me if I'm wrong is that... the ones who support this move have more faith in a blatantly racist organization to do right by us than we have in ourselves do to do right by ourselves and build our own the way we want to.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
So
How is this post is different than what I been saying for years?

As people went against what I said but agree with me some how now but just indirectly.

Strange.
Twilight zone shit

You seem smart so I need you to think...

Creating our own doesn't mean segregating ourselves. It means creating your own.

If you start your own business you can make the rules and hire how you want to hire. You can make it as "diverse" as you want but YOU would be in control.

I'm saying take control.
Another thing I have been saying yet shut down. Called crazy.

But here's the thing. If we don't control our own then we have no option to work with them.

This is why more of us should be mad we are forced to work with them because it's not enough if us to make a force.

@NeighborhoodNomad
You are getting what I have been saying.

If we have our own we don't need them.
Now go to the thread k made about businesses and see how damn near everyone said business ain't for everyone. But how can we complain about white people having everything if no one is trying to take it from them?

One thing we got to be honest about too, folks don't know business. You have a mindset of we can't do this or that when you don't know business and never owned anything that generated (real) money.

When I say (real) money, your accountant has to sit down with you and find ways to offset your gains vs your losses. Until folks (black) ppl touch (real) money from their own investment, then we will have black folks saying "we can't do x, y an z"

Back