Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
his experience is our experience tho. we have more in common with a nigga being Blackballed on his job for speaking aganist injustice than a Billionare brokering a deal with the employer.

Eh if you look at it from that angle you can say that.

But I don’t feel like I have much in common with a millionaire who is able to become even more of a millionaire after being blackballed.

I don’t have backup plans like that available to me.

One of my prayers is for us (black ppl) to really let go of fear. I read past the words and I see a lot of fear in some of the ppl that's posting. (fuck naming names, they know who they are and you know who they are)

A lot of fear, don't rock the boat ass niggas in here that won't ever understand the kinda of world and ppl we are dealing with. Yea they "hear" the racist word and see it attached to white men and others, but they don't understand the depth of it and truly don't want to look down the rabbit hole, thus they make asinine excuses for all the wrong reasons . Some of the posts I've read from Black ppl in here is just down right sad and heart-breaking to see so many black ppl in fear and clueless about how this world actually works and how white men actually work against us is just scary. "Hope" We as black ppl, once niggas get that word outta their system, then we can be on one code. That "hope" word has never been good to us, See Obama,

Hope, that word is never good. If you're over 16 and still using the word "hope" smh

Safe ass niggas. It's time out for all that.

You won't be able to tip-toe the line, that act is almost up.

It's clear as day that Jay-Z and the NFL won't do anything for black ppl, Halftime shows, Beyonce performances and speeches aint stopping black ppl from being wiped out. You niggas need to understand that.

Last edited:
If niggas don’t want black ownership then what do you suggest? Just keep holding out hope that the white owners one day have a change of heart?

If niggas don’t want black ownership then what do you suggest? Just keep holding out hope that the white owners one day have a change of heart?

Black ownership is fine but acting like black ownership always benefits us is naive ain’t it? BET was owned by a black billionaire who then sold it and now it’s trash

Yea people are hoping Hov does something great that benefits people. But let’s be real here it’s a whole slew of reasons people are against this

One of my prayers is for us (black ppl) to really let go of fear. I read past the words and I see a lot of fear in some of the ppl that's posting. (fuck naming names, they know who they are and you know who they are)

A lot of fear, don't rock the boat ass niggas in here that won't ever understand the kinda of world and ppl we are dealing with. Yea they "hear" the racist word and see it attached to white men and others, but they don't understand the depth of it and truly don't want to look down the rabbit hole, thus they make asinine excuses for all the wrong reasons . Some of the posts I've read from Black ppl in here is just down right sad and heart-breaking to see so many black ppl in fear and clueless about how this world actually works and how white men actually work against us is just scary. "Hope" We as black ppl, once niggas get that word outta their system, then we can be on one code. That "hope" word has never been good to us, See Obama,

Hope, that word is never good. If you're over 16 and still using the word "hope" smh

Safe ass niggas. It's time out for all that.

You won't be able to tip-toe the line, that act is almost up.

It's clear as day that Jay-Z and the NFL won't do anything for black ppl, Halftime shows, Beyonce performances and speeches aint stopping black ppl from being wiped out. You niggas need to understand that.

I don’t subscribe to that black ppl have fear shit and don’t want to rock the boat.

Y’all niggas need to get out more if you believe that shit.

maybe I dont care enough about the NFL to the point I desperately need it to change— outside of wanting to fix its DV problem and doing something about resident displacement when new stadiums are built. other than that Black ownership in the NFL means nothing to me. if predomintely Black faces working within your organization didnt make you say “we need to change some things or we need to be more supportive of social justice initatives” for the past 60+ years, I dont see how Black owners will —especially if they aspire to be just like the white owners. representation matters only when folxs share the same ideas as the community its supposed to represent.

Black ownership is fine but acting like black ownership always benefits us is naive ain’t it? BET was owned by a black billionaire who then sold it and now it’s trash

Yea people are hoping Hov does something great that benefits people. But let’s be real here it’s a whole slew of reasons people are against this

At absolute worst he’ll maintain the status quo (which I don’t expect)

Niggas acting like he gonna destroy the community

I know y’all want somebody more progressive but they never gonna let Umar Johnson own a team. I can’t even think of a more progressive black person in Hov’s tax bracket.

Last edited:

well be prepared for the worst. this is what i see, jayz throwing money at charities, throwing money at funerals for victims of the state (because the nfl
aint stopping police brutality) doing all the things hes been doing and thats about it. I see more of the same which is fine. for some niggas documentries on mike brown and kalief browder symbolize social justice and thats all they need to label jayz as an activist and community leader guru.

well be prepared for the worst. this is what i see, jayz throwing money at charities, throwing money at funerals for victims of the state (because the nfl
aint stopping police brutality) doing all the things hes been doing and thats about it. I see more of the same which is fine. for some niggas documentries on mike brown and kalief browder symbolize social justice and thats all they need to label jayz as an activist and community leader guru.

I get all that...

But the thing is, the financial requirements alone pretty much make Jay Z the best we can hope for in the NFL ownership arena.

Outside of some “woke” white billionaire that I’ve never heard of

I don’t subscribe to that black ppl have fear shit and don’t want to rock the boat.

Y’all niggas need to get out more if you believe that shit.

I 'll go to my grave believing that shit, and the fact that you don't then you may need to get out more so or re-read the comments made in this thread.

Niggas acting like he gonna destroy the community

I know y’all want somebody more progressive but they never gonna let Umar Johnson own a team. I can’t even think of a more progressive black person in Hov’s tax bracket.

Lol bruh Umar Johnson not progressive he a scammer too. It ain’t a bout being progressive I just don’t think change by outsider infiltration has worked for us ever

Thor hasnt constructed a well thought out idea the entire thread.

Nobody in this thread “came up with a idea”. So you can go sit down with that.

I been dropping facts about the players Reid dissed and how they have actually made change.

You here hitting a reaction on my post about Reid ultra wack ass. That nigga is a fraud.

Dude want ppl to go through Kaep like he’s some expert on the matter and want all credit to go to him.

You talk about not having nothing in common with certain folks. Kaep was raised by a white family in a white town and became a millionaire I’m pretty sure Hov have more experience with what we went through than him.

But that don’t take away nothing from both of them.

They both making moves for black rights so criticism on Kaep or Hov is foul.

Fuck Reid though.

I want REAL Black ownership by withdrawing from the NFL and creating our own league and teams. We don't have to "hope" nothin from the NFL if we create a new league.

It's about us creating our own narrative.That would have big impact on the community.

All the black people that talk all that anti black ownership bullshit are clowns. A bunch of niggas who cry all day on twitter, log off and go back to their minimum wage job. End up having kids with other dumb mfs, who also end up growing up in poor conditions and the cycle continues.

Instead of helping other black people progress they spend all their energy tearing down any black person they see having success.

They have a million complaints and never any solutions. Notice anytime you bring up something good Hov is doing they counter it by saying it's most likely a disingenuous deed with an ulterior motive. And they never can tell you one thing that THEY'VE done to help the progression of black people. I will never take them clowns serious.

I want REAL Black ownership by withdrawing from the NFL and creating our own league and teams. We don't have to "hope" nothin from the NFL if we create a new league.

It's about us creating our own narrative.That would have big impact on the community.

So segregate ourselves? Great plan bro..

The bolded, along with Jay supposedly telling his other peers not to do business with the NFL...Is fuck shit on Jay part...

...Taking a settlement in the collusion case and then still wanting to play in the league is fuck shit on Colin part...

...Bashing Jay for working with the organization that kept her man unemployed but supporting her man seeking employment with said organization is fuck shit on Nessa's part...

...Calling Jay diabolical while continuing to play for the league that clearly and unapologetically black balled your "friend" for making a statement against injustice is fuck shit on Eric Reid part...

...All of them are on fuck shit....And no amount of working with the NFL is gonna "fix" anything important for Black people in this country as a whole...And although I personally haven't watched an NFL game since 2016...Protesting and boycotting that shit ain really healing the hood and breaking the chains either...
I have no other reason to comment in this thread.
This sums it all up.

So segregate ourselves? Great plan bro..

You seem smart so I need you to think...

Creating our own doesn't mean segregating ourselves. It means creating your own.

If you start your own business you can make the rules and hire how you want to hire. You can make it as "diverse" as you want but YOU would be in control.

I'm saying take control.

Back